Those back rolls have got to go.........

Back for another go........I'm on my second day and want to lose a stone in 28 days.
I haven't put it all back on but I'm back to 10 stone and 10lbs and have noticed all of the old stuff coming back like back pain and feeling tired all the time.

Feeling happy that I decided to nip things in the bud and do something..... Hungry though...lol...

I've just read your diary through, you did it before and you'll do it again. Good luck xx

Thanks Sammy......how are you getting on ?
Day 3 and woke up with a headache......I know if I can get through today and tomorrow I should be ok.... Not looking forward to the questions at work on Tuesday but I will manage....I should develop a script of neutral answers to all of the same old questions and statements that folk make about any sort of diet !

Hey cake or death i read your diary its really inspirational you've done it before you can do it again. Its great that you recognised your weight creeping up and decided to take action. I think to often we lie to ourselves when we know what's happening wish I'd had your bravery to take action when I first started to put on weight perhaps then I wouldn't have started at 14st12lb but that's a past weight not the future.

Sorry to hear you woke up with a headache worst than the hunger I think maybe take some paracetamol and drink plenty of water don't worry you'll be in the comfy land of ketosis soon :)

For work I just take in soup for cold days and salads for the warmer days no one has commented on it really except one guy saying rather loudly "You're not trying to lose weight are you you've got a lovely figure" so embarrassing I wanted the ground to swallow me up.

Hello

Thanks for the advice........much appreciated x
Need to get into ketosis soon as I'm holding my breath opening the fridge in case anything smells too nice.....would it be possible to lose the same amount in the first week as I did last time....if so I would be thrilled......

Haha I think we all still get cravings but ketosis gives you the strength to slam the fridge door shut :)
I'm not sure hun this is my first time on a vlcd I would think so it maybe slightly less because your losses are now a bigger percentage loss than when you were a heavier a weight but I wouldn't think too much difference you may lose more sorry I can't be more help.

I am the mum of 2 boys (1 of them a teenager) so I know your fridge will look similar to mine. Full of nice treats and quick snacks. We don't keep chocolate, biscuits in the house which is good but as a stay at home Mum I am chief cook so my temptation is not to taste the food whilst cooking. I tend to keep a coffee on the go so I can have a sip when I need to and I swear by beanies flavoured coffees.

Looking forward to seeing your first weigh in, I was off the diet for around a month (maybe more) and put on 7 pounds but lost 6 in the first 5 days so you should still see a decent loss. Keep guzzling water and stay strong. Once the first week is out of the way you get back into it x

Hello Sammy

I've got an adult son who should be able to sort himself out but doesn't......I did roast chicken yesterday and had some with veg for dinner......the most powerful thing I did last time was to have an honest conversation with a slim friend about how and why she ate.....it was really interesting.......my friend does not mark occasions with food so she doesn't binge over Xmas or birthdays....she doesn't think food is a friend so doesn't use food as an emotional crutch and doesn't think she is going to die if she doesn't eat chocolate....this was extraordinary to me lol.....food is fuel for her nothing more....I never forgot that chat because we normalise overeating propped up by adverts to sell us food through creating a lifestyle around it....m & s particularly......you don't see overweight middle aged women sitting eating jam out of the jar at 3am as an advert but that is what happens to me if I can't control my eating....lol....

I don't have kids but a boyfriend who eats like a kid best tip get them treats they love but you don't like. I can't stand jellies so I get him a bag of haribo instead of say another favourite such as gold bars which we both love so I don't feel tempted.
Bread is my weakness so I buy white as i only like brown or granary bread so it helps but I do crave sandwiches more than anything else. Though luckily for me in the summer I get very picky and can't stand any carb only fruit and salads the thought of greasy food or chocolate also makes me feel we'll in this heat.

That's quite thought provoking I use to think like that then some very bad stuff happened and I got a few what I call eating issues and it has completely mucked me up with food.

Have you seen my mad fat diary on e4 there was a scene which really hit home for me where the lead discusses with a girl her secret binging how she always feels unable to eat in front of people because if she eats crisps she thinks people are thinking no wonder she's so fat and if she eats salad who is she kidding you don't get that big just eating salad.
It really hit home to me I struggled for years with eating in front of people the show really hits home for what life can be like for larger people. One of the most powerful TV scenes I think I've seen because it's often shown in soaps etc the other side of eating disorders not the mentality of what binge eating is.

Hello

I haven't seen that programme but I do feel that society doesn't support people to be who they are.....if you are overweight you have to live in your body and that is really hard if everything around you gives the message that you are not good enough.
Anyway.......hope you are doing ok and feeling good....I'm in ketosis so no hunger pangs which is a relief so work tomorrow should be less hideous......

Thats great ketosis is really like a comfy cloud all the side affects you experience in the beginning just fade away and you feel great.

Hello

Back at work today....day 5 on plan.
Really lacking energy but hopefully that will pass.Also indecently hungry for my tea so I shovelled it in....am drinking can of Coke Zero and hunkering down for some mindless telly lol

One of the worst things about putting weight on has been the roll of tummy fat.
I notice it all the time....when I bend down to tie my laces and if I'm sitting cross legged it sits on the top of my thighs.
I won't ever have a flat stomach but this is gross...in leggings it looks like my butt has swivelled round to my front.....

Hiya

I'm on day 8 now of another Slim and Save start. I'm same height as you and was my happiest at the low nines. Looked better under 9 stone tbh but if I want to get back there I will really have to sort out the maintenance malarkey (which I think everyone now knows is the real challenge)

Good luck on your journey. My losses are much smaller now than the first time I did a vlcd but losses are losses x

Hello Bananas

What sort of losses do you get ? Do you think I can still do 1 stone in a month ?

I do remember it got harder the closer to goal I got when I did it first time round.

Perhaps I need to be ok with just getting under 10 stone this time.....

I dont weigh myself as the small numbers make me think 'oh just sod it'
I'll check weight 1st June for the May challenge (although I'm having a few days off at the end of tis month but hey ho) and just gonna hope for the best. We have to accept that our bodies will only lose what they can, youmay get your stone in a month, you might take a bit longer, you might even get it sooner!!! But you will get there :)

Hiya, just reading up here. I think we have similar goals as Im pretty much the same height any my ideal weight is similar. I feel you can still do a stone a month even when closer to goal, for me I got too complacent because I felt so amazing even when still had a couple of stone to go!
I plan to move into a healthy regime to lose the last few lbs and hopefully it will train me to remain healthy..!

I know people who are small and I would never consider fat but still have tummies! but I only catch myself noticing in surprise that they aren't completely flat stomached!

Also, I saw a comment earlier about my mad fat diary on C4 I love that! as someone who was a fat teenager I actually cried at times for how similar my experiences were!

I was the same about MMFD! I think it was the 90's tunes too, bought it all flooding back.

The soundtrack to MMFD is ace! Love it!

Miaoww is right about flat tummies, most people have a bit of a 'podge' when not standing at a certain angle. I remember a fake before and after thread on myfitnesspal. Basically it was people standing normally, letting it all hang out then taking another photo breathing in, hands on hips, one leg in front of the other etc. They looked so different, i'll try find it...

Back