Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Morning all and happy Christmas Eve. I have sooooooo much to do today. Thankfully i got the day off. Realistically i should have taken yesterday off too but couldnt justify annual leave to clean the house, id rather save it for some sunshine in March.
Food and wine have been in excess this week, im sure my weight is way up but im not bothered. Im full of motivation to get started jan 3rd and darling husband is on board too.
Off to clean and cook and cleam more and then hopefully eat.

Morning all and i hope you all had a great xmas and Santa was good to you all.
Among my pressies was an illuminated magnifying makeup mirror💄and a book i have been asking for Raymond Blancs Le Manoir au Qautre Saisons.
Feeling stuffed, bloated and even liverish so planning a lead into the new year by cutting back on bad food

Last edited:
Oops sorry, got called away.
Anyway, going to ease up now in preparation for a good start in January. Will be eating and drinking new years but plan on strict keto then from Jan 6th. And as i said darling husband is on board with me so that makes shopping and food prep a little easier. Yesterdays weigh in had me at 77.5kg, a 2kg increase for Dec. Two places that i can feel it and see it are my neck and along my back on my bra line. My neck and is actually affecting my sleep as i feel i am choking while lying down. So i need to tackle that straight away.
My plan for the end of January is a very ambitious goal to be 74kg and then by end of March to be 72kg. For me thats actually a lot.
Will be back later with official weigh in and am hoping i can find a tape measure too.

Ok back with official stats

Weight 77.8kg
BMI 34.12
Boobs 110cm
Under bust 96cm
Waist 107cm
Hip 110cm
Thigh 60cm
Arm 38cm

Goal for end Jan is 74kg so a loss of 3.8kg, a big ask for me.

Im back again. Will probably be in and out a few times today. I tend to do that a few times when im trying to get focussed.

Plan for today is a walk and then a breakfast smoothie. Its in the fridge now ready for when i get back. Ive some chicken stock and might make a very quick soup by adding cream, chopped parsley and some scraps of the Christmas ham to it. That with some avocado and cracottes will be good for lunch. Then i have a chicken kiev for dinner with lots of sprouts.
Challenge today is to actually get myself out the door for a walk, to stay away from wine, to stay away from chocolate.

Morning Tipp - I love the focus, it's really helping me along too!

Here's to a fabulous new year - early! You will do this, and get tyo a much happier, healthier and slimmer place xxx

Thanks so much Susie. I had planned on waiting until 6th Jan to get started but i feel so uck now that im starting.
Just back in from a walk, a slow 2km wander but i got some fresh air and relaxed while out.

So, now i have a plan and am ready to start.

Keto low carb approach.
No mid week wine.
Wine at weekends but no hangovers.
No takeaways.
Eat out but stick to low carb.
16:8 fasting.
Keep pedometer on me.
A non food treat every kilo lost.
A new dress when i get to 70kg

3 goals for today achieved, went for a walk, no wine and no chocolate.

Tomorrows goals are go for a swim and no chocolate. Going out for dinner so will have wine.

Morning all, im awake but not up yet. Going to hop on the scales and hope it is good to me. As you know when i am on a roll i tend to be a daily weigher, it keeps me focussed but i only count Friday as my official weigh in. I would like to drop a bit before the year is up.

I decided to focus on some positives today.

I WILL start 2020 lighter than 2019

I AM a member of the pool and have some sense of a routine to go

While my intention is keto and i havent quite achieved that i am managing low carb. I dont eat rice or pasta, i dont eat cereals, grains or pulses. I have lapsed and had toast or sandwiches and have been very aware of that. The only potato i have had is chips once a week either as takeaway or eating out.

I understand and agree with the science of keto

I have no problems with intermittent fasting, my body enjoys it and it suits my work routine

The kitchen is stocked with keto friendly foods

I also have a good stock of my favourite Kusmi green teas.

I LOVE avocado

Husband is now on board

I get great support at work, 2 other collegues also trying to lose weight so we help each other along.

I get compliments at work.

And i believe thats a great place to be starting 2020

Morning again. Im trying to convince myself to go to the pool. But its kids hour at 11am so i either need to hurry up or wait.
100g loss on scales, i felt i was good yesterday and was expecting more, but hey its down so got to be happy with that

Last edited:
Gosh Tipp I just love all your affirmations, that is so brilliant to read, might steal a couple :).

Re the bread, is it worth trying some of the LC alternatives? Some are a phaff but Snowy can tell you which ones she likes. I was always a fan of the minute muffin, I think it's flax seed, a tiny amount of baking powder, egg - here's a recipe - https://lowcarbyum.com/minute-microwave-muffin-in-a-mug/. I used to do mine in a square plastic container so it came out bread shaped, and I used dark linseed, so it looked like wholemeal.

And apparently the fat boy dough is a game changer. I bought the ingredients but never made it up (how like me :classic_roll_eyes: ).

Well done on achieving your goals - and having the rest firmly in your sights!

Thanks Susie. I wont bother with of most of the bread alternatives. I dont have a microwave which most of them need. And im normally fine without it, but once i eat it then i keep eating it.. Best just to avoid it. And if i dont well just try harder the next day.
I did go swimming, and as usual glad i did. Kids hour wasnt until 12pm so i got a good 20 lenghts done and then 15 minutes in the jacuzzi, bliss.
Came home and after a 17.5 hour fast had breakfast smoothie followed an hour later by lunch of soup, crackers, cheese and salad leaves. Watching TV now and could easily open a bottle of wine and veg out. But going out for dinner at 6pm with immediate family and want to get glammed up. I have a choice of 2 new dresses to wear, Desigual bought in Paris or The Kooples bought here. My mind is going for The Kooples.. Will see.

Morning all.
Well went out last night and had fish and chips mushy peas and salad. Had red wine and aslo had gin and tonic and vodka and tonic. I was actually testing some variations. I have regular gin and bitter orange vodka. I have regular tonic but also orange/elderflower tonic and grapefruit/rosemary tonic. I had some nibbles at home to, pringles and crackers.

Wore my Kooples dress

Weight this morning is the same.
Achieved yesterday's mini goals of going for a swim and no chocolate.

Todays mini goals are
A 3km walk
No wine
No nibbles

Have a great day everyone and stay positive.

Back again and so glad i wrote down mini goal for today. I went out for a walk and was ready to turn back straight away. But kept going as i had set a 3km goal. Its great to get out in the fresh air, i dont get enough on work days, especially fresh country air.

Sounds like a great night! Wish i liked gin more, but one is usually enough for me, but there are so many gin flavours out there now.

Glad you enjoyed your walk.

I dont normally drink gin, its wine or a vodka and tonic on rare occasions. But trying to see what all the fuss is about gins lately.

Been batch cooking just now. I have morrocan meatballs wirh aubergine made and also chicken and chorizo with courgette. Im back at work tomorrow for 2 days so have meals ready
Im trying also to use up the last of the xmas leftovers. So made a stock in the pressure cooker with the ham bone. Then cooking the last of the cabbage in it with leeks and ham scraps.
Having lunch now, the last of the spinach and courgette soup with added cream, a hard boiled egg, salad leaves with olive oil, grilled aubergine with manchego cheese and two crackers with butter, a clear out the fridge meal.

Back