Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Hi me again. Sorry it has been a bedlam few weeks. Handing in notice isnt that easy, and is very time consuming. SO much paperwork to do.
Anyway, Im Ok, diet wise I am a disaster up and down and up again. So trying to give it a go again this week and will check back in on Friday and hopefully have something to update.
The weather has got so bad, always raining and grey and a few very stormy days too. Just perfect to sit but the fire with comfort food and wine. I really need to cut back on wine but its so easy to have now, especially when I dont need to drive in the mornings. And we have nothing to do, we are back on full lockdown again. Have to stay within 5km and can only go out for essentials. Its weird seeing parts of the supermarkets closed off cos the aisles sell non essential goods. I need new underwear and socks, I am going to Tesco naked this week and will find out how ESSENTISAL clothing is considered. We have however now run out of wine, so thats a positive, if we dont have it I cant drink it.

Anyway, will update again during the week.

I finish work this Friday and cant have my official leaving lunch or after work party. I dont like big do's anyway but there are some people I would like to go out with and have a proper goodbye and a hug.

LOL on essential clothes shopping - that'd open a few eyes :D.

The rules are bonkers though - an estate agent was just round, she's allowed to come into anyone's house but not her daughter's!

Glad you're nearly there with saying bye to your old job, although they do sound like they are making it really difficult for you to leave!

And well done on running out of wine - you can do it, I celebrated 3 months without any grog last week - and if I can do it, you sure can!

They arent deliberately making it difficult, its just how things arebwhen leaving a government department.
Yep rules here quite strict. Essential shopping only, travel to work only if you cannot work from home and even then only essential services. The schools are still open and working hard to keep them open. Takeaway food only from eateries and need to ring and order. Delivery service only allowed within 5km so no takeaway delivery for us.
I have a week off between jobs and hoping to us it to sort out the house and maybe even get the xmas decorations out.
New job starts on 30/11, 5 months to the day from when i was offered it.
Food today i have made an effort. Lots of peppermint tea, not so much water as it's been very cold and wet. Chicken n skinny noodle soup with cracottes n butter. Smoothie with spinach, cucumber, mint and some coconut milk and added vitamins and supplements. Breast of chicken fried in coconut oil and curry powder, coleslaw, some onion tart. And about 5 squares of milk chocolate. Also had a 2km walk in the rain

Finished yesterday with no wine. Drinking green tea with mint now and will start work in a few minutes. I think i have a small amount of the skinny chicken noodle soup, just about enough to warm me up at about 10am. Chicken breast again for dinner. I have spinach and kale growing in the garden but need to go to town to buy more fresh veg, especially for making more soup. A thick cauliflower and broccolli soup is just what a wet winter day needs.
So approach will be keto and fasting. Dinner by 6 and breakfast after 10, that gives me 16 hours fasting.
However i cant manage without onions s, carrots and tomatoes. I use onions and carrot for flavouring and tomato for tomato based sauces. Not a huge amount of any of them so will just monitor other carb intake on those days

Im also thinking of drinking coffee again. As you know i drink herbal tea (green or mint), water and very good french wine. And the odd gin and tonic has sneaked in over the summer. I like herbal tea and sip at it all day but find it "too wet" for a nice comforting tea/coffee break. Its about 5 years since I had coffee and yesterday I just wanted something warm and milky to warm me up, So thinking either a latte with decaf and almond milk or hot chocolate with cacao and coconut milk. I might buy both and see. I dont need them every day and the milks will help increase my good fat intake. I need to be careful with my egg and cheese intake (and butter but I have less of that), Im saving eggs for actual protein and fat source in a meal rather than as an ingredient in something, likewise with cheese. Everything tastes better with cheese but I will let that be the hero of the meal rather than a flavouring on the top.
Need to go shopping so might take a long lunchbreak and do it then and work late rather than go this evening. I HATE shopping now, wearing masks, trying to avoid people, trying to avoid idiots who think they are immune and travel in packs and congregate for a chat just in the aisle you need, coming home with only half what you need. I havent had much luck with Tesco delivery or click and collect and anyway they work out expensive for everyday essentials. And I have to go to town anyway to the chemist.
Its nice to be back, chat later.

Mmmm that cauliflower soup sounds good - and enjoy the coffee, |i start my day with two freshly brewed cups and it keeps me going until lunchtime :).

I'm the same with shopping, haven't been out to the shops in months - I'm one of the ones who actually feels quite uncofmfortable about it - so i just don't.

Well that day went south very quickly. Quick story I ended up with a 5 year old in total meltdown from 8;30am to 11am. I calmed him down eventually and got his school uniform on. Then he and 2 year old headed off, one to school and one to doctor and I had 10 month old till 1pm. All the time I was supposed to be working. Freedom at 1 but couldn't take a break as had to catch up on work. Went to get my soup but husband had eaten it all. So quickly made some with frozen broccoli, onion, carrot, some potato and herbs. Whizzed it up and had it with some greek yogurt in it. I think I had 3 cracottes with butter bit cant be sure???

Well that day went south very quickly. Quick story I ended up with a 5 year old in total meltdown from 8;30am to 11am. I calmed him down eventually and got his school uniform on. Then he and 2 year old headed off, one to school and one to doctor and I had 10 month old till 1pm. All the time I was supposed to be working. Freedom at 1 but couldn't take a break as had to catch up on work. Went to get my soup but husband had eaten it all. So quickly made some with frozen broccoli, onion, carrot, some potato and herbs. Whizzed it up and had it with some greek yogurt in it. I think I had 3 cracottes with butter bit cant be sure???
That’s great will power I would have been straight to toast and butter
Hope little one gets better soon

I've started having 2 decaf coffees in the morning after I've had my morning cup of tea. Coffee used to give me migraines but so far I seem to be ok with them. I would love a proper hot chocolate with marshmallows on top but can't drink too much milk. I have to use powder stuff as it is or my ibs plays up.

After the day you have had do not reach for the wine tonight. :)

Nope no wine, and im in bed. If i do decide on a latte or hot chocolate it will be almond or coconut milk. Its to have a warm comforting drink thats not too watery. That is a comfort more than refreshing or something to wash food down with.
No wine and even more impressive no snacks or chocolate today.
Breakfast/lunch was the 2 bowls of broccolli soup and yep ive checked with 3 cracottes with butter. Then dinner was at 5.30pm. Stir fry chicken, onions, peppers and kale tossed with skinny noodles, soy sauce, seasame seeds and peanuts. Im having my dinner with sparkling water with something in it to flavour it. Today it was rosemary and a bay leaf and drank a litre of it. I also managed to go for a walk 2.5km with the dog at an easy pace.
Hopefully this will have a positive result on the scale tomorrow.
On another note, ive to go for my annual blood tests next week. That should keep me on the straight and narrow until then.

Good morning, today is going to be a POSITIVE day. Its just getting bright so I cant see if they sky is cloudy or not but right now its not raining, but the roads are very wet.
I am going to attempt yesterdays plan today, so go shopping at lunchtime and work a bit later. It means I wont get to go for a walk as most likely dark when I finish work.
The scale is moving in the right direction, Id like it quicker but as long as it keeps dropping I dont mind. My ticker is almost accurate again:p
Drinking Green tea with seaweed today and on number 3 already

Posts short and plentiful as I'm on laptop at work and if I stay out of our system too long I get kicked out.
So drinking tea and have water by me. I need to monitor my water intake more. Ideally 3L a day but with all the herbal tea thats a tough one. I bring a 500ml bottle to bed and it may all be gone by morning or not. Either way its gone by about 10am. I am having sparkling water in the evening with dinner, usually a litre. So thats 1.5L anyway. Then try for another 500ml late afternoon evening. The problem time is about 10am to 4pm, if its cold I just dont drink as much water as I should sticking to warm tea. So just need to track both of them to see I have enough liquids. Plus obviously Im trying to get rid of all the toxins and make my liver happy😇

10.30 and Im having half a bowl of broccoli soup as thats all that is left., and 3 small wheat crackers with butter. Have finished 5 lots herbal tea too

Ive had one mini Double Decker sweet, yep you are getting live commentary today.
Off to do the shopping now

Did shopping and bought cacoa, almond milk and decaf coffee pods as we have a Nespresso machine. Had the stir fry skinny noodles and chicken about 2.30 and then decided to try an almond milk latte. But our Nespresso machine wont work, its seems blocked somewhere. The water tank is fine and the front pouring bit is too so it seems to somewhere in the pressure system and thats not a home fix:rolleyes:. So has two mini chocolates instead. Just finished work and even though its now raining I was planning on a walk. Bu my hip has said the shopping and standing emptying the groceries is enough for today.
I bought milk thistle to help with liver clear out in prep for blood tests next week. So threw it into the nutri bullet with magnesium, vit b, glucosamine and a handful of spinach and mint and water.
Just dinner left today and thinking of a burger and mashed avocado.
I also have lots of pumpkins that I grew sitting in the kitchen. I must check the carb loading of them, I imagine its high enough but not as high as starchy roots.

In bed now snd thats 3 days no wine. Did have bread at dinner. I had a burger, onions, home made ketchup and some french bread, about half of what a burger bun would be. I had planned on avocado and salad but just felt too cold for it. I must plan some veggie sides or stew type things for the winter.

Just checking pumpkin.
100g of pumpkin is 20 cals, 4g carbs
100g of Sweet potato is 90 cals, 20g carbs
100g of potato is 108cals 16g carbs

Im off to make pumpkin mash and maybe pumpkin and spinach curry.

Back