Tipperary wobbles into 2024

You had a nice evening though Tipp, it sounds marvellous - pate, bread, wine, chocolate - so draw a line under it hun, you've got your goals in sight and you can do it, especially with a diary, I always think that really helps.

Pumpkin cottage pie sounds delish, is it mashed pumpkin on top?

Yep, i checked the carb value of pumpkin and its quite low compated to sweet potato and regular mash so made some. Still have a few pumpkins left from the garden

Tuesday morning and just waking up. Yesterday was an exhausting day, my first day of "unemployment" in 3 years. Most people would have a lie in, not me. I was up at 6.30am making Christmas cushions. On Sunday i cleaned the sitting room in preparation for the xmas tree. And when i looked around felt the colours where too spring like so checked what fabric i had a decided a new cushion cover would do it. Now i have 6 red and green cushion covers. I then went ahead and pulled out the tree and put it and the sitting room decorations up. I also did the stairs. Bl00dy exhausted after that, it took most of the day. I didnt get to go out for a walk but was active all day.
Food was ok-ish. Soup n crackers n ham. A burger n cheese n avocado. I did have 5 small lotus biscuits through the day and 4 squares chocolate. About 6 mugs herbal tea and no wine. Diary updated.
Another long day today of housework, i still have 2 more trees to put up and rooms to decorate, yep I LOVE Christmas. One tree is a massive 12feet tall and so difficult to do and i cant do it, not even with a ladder. SonI am hoping if i have everything else done then a combination of husband, son and son in law will get it done over the weekend for me.
It sounds like its very windy out, its still dark so cant quite see yet, talk later.

OMG how many Christmas trees have you got???? And are you the Domestic Goddess, making christmas cushions?! :). I'll be lucky if i get a fake table top tree 10 inches high :D.

3 trees. The main one in the dining room, its always a big one. That was supposed to be the only one but when we were in the sitting room by the fire and watching Xmas movies we missed having a tree so that became number 2. Third one was by accident, we had in our office (family business, office is no more) so brought it home. It now spends xmas in the office or library, depending on which room is being used the most. Then i have a xmas tree wall hanging for the kitchen.
Kitchen cleaned and just having breakfast now, last of the veg soup and 4 meatballs and then 2 cracottes with butter. On herbal tea number 6 now.
Need to go to town and see if i can buy more xmas lights and also xmas plates. I cant actually buy official xmas stuff as the aisles are blocked off as non essential but i may get what i want elsewhere.
Lots more cleaning and Christmasfying the house. Might buy some chicken for stirfry for dinner.

Last edited:
Had an almond latte at 2pm with 2 digestives. Dinner now, was supposed to be chicken goujons and avocado but the avocado wasnt ripe. So ive just had a slice of brown soda bread toasted.

Last edited:
Well it took me a few evenings but finally finished reading your diary :) We have very similar lives even down to the Grandchildren and the growen up children still living at home , feel like the Waltons half the time :) Enjoy your time between jobs and lets all hope 2021 is so much better than this one.

Thanks so much Sharon, yep this diary must be about 3 years old anyway and has gone through 6 jobs and had 2 more grandchildren. And yep, the only good thing for everyone about 2020 is tjat itbis nearly over, we all need a good 2021.

In bed now and was okish again today. Two meals, no wine but did have 2 digestives and a slice of toast.
I have a massive deep bruise on my boob😳 about the size of a tennis ball. One of the xmas tree bags hit me yesterday and the pole went whack into me. It hurt at the time but went. Then a bruise came up at lunchtime today, but i didnt realise how big it was until it got sore at about 6pm. Ive just taken 2 lots of arnica so hopefully that helps and need to sleep on the opposite side.

Ouch to the bruise - it's all too easy done eh? I lost balance on a trip to the loo a few weeks ago, came crashing down and managed to scrape all the side of my face and left boob. Incredibly it didn't wake the neighbours up, even though my foot hit the door to the spare room which flew open and hit the ironing board, which crashed to the ground :D. If you're gonna do something, do it properly eh?

Hope it feels better in the morning.

Ouch to you too Susie, hope you recovered. Its amazing how trips n spills n bangs a bashes are much more serious when you get older and take longer to recover. The arnica is working.

Oh and good morning everyone, its 7am and ive only properly woken up. Lately my sleep pattern has been all over the place so i am happy i seem to have had a normal nights sleep.
Ive to drop Oscar to school and then another day of cleaning and christmasfying today. I bought new plates yesterday and some table decorations so rearing to get go.

With the virus at school I work in I can't begin to think of Christmas.

Enjoy your time off before starting work again. :)
Yes Mary, it has been a very unusual year and it has been hard knowing how to cope with all that has been thrown at us. I have no idea when i will have time off again and feel i need to have something to show for this week off. In lockdown here so cant go out other than essential shopping, cant get to Dublin to see my family, cant even meet work colleagues for outdoor coffee. I have no idea really what i did with my 6 weeks off in Sept so determined that i will see something done with this week so making it Christmas. Its also a sneaky plot to prevent the adult boys frim dumping their stuff all over the place. I have more cooking and more sewing to do this week and then can concentrate on new job for 4 weeks.

I really hope anyone who is ill in your school recovers with no serious after effects, is it a primary or secondary school. Im concerned with the long term unknown effects on young children. Hopefully it is an unwarranted concern.

Will do, though you may be sorry you asked. Ive just finished making a wreath for the front door. Having first meal of the day, meatballs n pumpkin mash, i needed something warm after being out in the bitter cold picking ivy

Just settling down in front of the fire by the TV for the evening. Dinner was chicken goujons and some green beans. I had 2 digestives with coffee at 2pm and thats it for the day. House almost all done, just the large tree to do and that has to wait for two tall and strong men to do, which we dont have so usually ends up with 3 women, a ladder, a lot of hard work and some wine. Either way it will be the weekend.
I found a tape measure so will get some measurements tomorrow. Two pairs of linen trousers arrivrd from amaxon today and where a perfect fit, so have ordered 2 more and 2 tunic tops and thats clothes sorted for work. With the virus all employees and indeed students are asked to have fresh clothes daily so im sorted for a full work week of mix and match now. No more leggings or tracksuits just thrown on in the morning

Morning and another proper 7am wake up, and didnt go to bed till 11pm so almost a normal sleep pattern back. Just about to have a shower then school run again and then blood tests. Then i have to go and see my supervisor in job ive just left. She is off work this week but we never got to do a proper personal handover of some work (not everything can be written down).
Im taking todays weight as my weekly weigh in cos we will be having lunch together, she is cooking so i cant be too particular and having some wine tonight.

So overall lost 600g this week but it has been an up and down week, see below. Ive last Friday and today Thursday marked.
Have a good day everyone.

View media item 4899

It's a Secondary school. Been told they won't be back in until 7th Dec as another student got it in same year.
Didn't realise you were still in lockdown. We are only suppose to go out for essential shopping and exercise but no one is taking it serious here. I go out on the cycle paths away from everyone else as I need some me time away from home for my anxiety.

We will find out today what tier we will be in from next week. I just want this year to end but we won't be ok until Spring time.

Yep, a 6 week full lockdown for the whole country ending in about 10 days. Essential shopping only, no eating out, pubs never really got to open, no visiting houses or one house in a care bubble only and they must need care (if you have an elderly parent living alone). Stay within 5km, work from home, only essential workers can leave home. So shops like Tesco are open but you cant buy clothing or toys. The only difference between the original lockdown is the schools are open.
Ah well, hopefully it is for the better good and we get sorted soon

Morning Mary and everyone else, well what tier did you end up being in, was it an improvement on where you were?I think we have learnt that really its all or nothing, easier i know in a smaller country and its still hard to do that in the border counties where the incidence rate has been higher.
Yesterday became my Friday so have to wait and see what today will be😊. Had bread and chicken for morning meal and headed of to see supervisor. We had biscuits and tea, a proper handover and a good chat. It actually felt almost like normal. Came home and husband had changed plans, he was supposed to be away. So we had an unexpected evening at home together so sat down in front of the fire together. We had a small glass of port together, a tradition when the sitting room is decorated, i leave out the port and small crystal glasses. Then a glass of wine with food. And finally we opened my end of work Prosecco that we didnt have last week, bliss. But now I need to make up for it.
Enjoy the weekend everyone and stay safe.

Back