Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Thanks Sunhill and morning all. On my laptop as I cant find my phone and its driving me mad. I had it in the car coming home yesterday, its not in my bag and not in my car and Ive looked anyway it would normally be. I cant even get someone to ring it as I left it on silent. Got home from work yesterday but Oscar was having his dinner and it was raining so we didn't go out. Bad move as then I ended up having chocolate and wine...and I had done so well yesterday and was very organised with food at work.
Im eating overnight oats now, Im not in work until lunchtime but wanted to give them a trial run while not in a hurry. So it is porridge oats, frozen blueberries and almond milk. It tastes nice but I have the same problem I have with porridge...I just cant eat it in a hurry. I don't know why this is, it takes me at least 30 mins to go through a bowl of porridge or overnight oats whereas a slice of toast is less than five minutes. I did get Oatabix and Im sure that will be the same. I might just try some regular cornflakes or something with almond milk or try a few cereal bar recipes when Im off on Monday.

How long do you have to go at work between 'breakfast' and 'lunch'?

On the odd occasion when I start at 5 am I have a couple of cold sausages to keep me going until 'breakfast/lunch' time.

How long do you have to go at work between 'breakfast' and 'lunch'?

On the odd occasion when I start at 5 am I have a couple of cold sausages to keep me going until 'breakfast/lunch' time.

Its impossible to know Mary, I am only scheduled at the moment for between 4 and 6 hours so really shouldn't HAVE to eat at work. But I have an hours drive each way, so just counting the drive there I could be 5 to 7 hours. We don't get a set break time but are supposed to take 30 mins if we work over 4 hours but that is when we have "down" time. So for example yesterday I had soup at home at 11am then left at 12pm to start at 1pm. The flight was delayed so I went off to the break room and ate my lunch from 1pm to 1:30pm...sounds silly having a break before you start but it was the perfect time for me to eat. Most of the permanent staff seem to snack continuously and always have random food in their pockets and all seem to drink Coke non stop. Ive have learnt quickly to eat when you can and use a bathroom every time you pass it. The longest time you wouldn't get to food or a bathroom would be about 3 hours.
I thought Id get lots of steps in yesterday but ended up with an unaccompanied minor so spent two hours sitting with him (see, Im already a Mammy figure). Found my phone so steps at work was only 3200 and 2.4km. Will get paid next week and have to go to Dublin for another interview on Saturday so will stop and see if I can get a really good pair of shoes that still have a heel but recommended for walking, Clarks or Ecco or something lime that.

Back again and having second breakfast and made a decision about very early breakfasts. Some mornings I will need to leave at 4am and will get a break at around 7:30am. So I am going to make some decent sized oat bars or muffins and have in the car on the way. Then I am going to make and freeze some breakfast burritos with buckwheat pancakes, vegan sausage vegan cheese and tomato, then I can heat these at 7:30am. Their is another middle of the night special flight I will need to do where I am stuck at the gate guarding a plane for about 3 hours and cant get to a break room, for these I will take the overnight oats with me.

Ive found some raw oat bar recipes with oats, figs, bananas and peanut butter. All the baked ones I found have eggs/milk/sugar/flour which I would rather do without so does anyone have a recipe that would suit...thanks.

Back again again.
Cereal bars in the oven, a Pintrest recipe adapted.
1 cup well chopped dates (whizzed in bullet,)
2 mashed bananas
1 1/2 cups quinoa pops
1 cup oats
1/2 cup oat flour (just oats whizzed in bullet)
2 tblsp oil, I used avocado

Then I added cinnamon, toasted sesame seeds, cranberries and cacoa nibs. I think the sesame was a flavour too many. I love sesame but it is competing with the cranberry. Need to think of another flavour to go with sesame.

In the oven at 180c for 12 mins
The mixture tasted great I hope it bakes as good.

Morning g, up and having overnight oats and then heading to work. Scheduled to finish at 12:30 but just in case I have rice cakes and aubergine dip with me.
The oat bats I baked where still a bit soft when I cut them so I put them back into the oven for another 10 minutes and they are good. Had one last night, they tadyw good bit a teeny bit too sweet for me do I will leave the cranberries out the next time. Maybe peanuts would be good too instead of the sesame seeds. I cooked it in a square tin and got 10 out of it, 8 are in the freezer. I've a flask of my Kusmi green and mint tea with me too.
Off at lunchtime and because its Sunday and things have been so hectic at home I have suggested to darling husband that we go out for lunch. Though he has finished taken his steroids and is extremely tired again si will call him again later.

Oh phew thank goodness you found your phone!

And I like your approach to dealing with the unorthodox mealtime situation - the oaty bars and burritos sound yummy!

Hope you've had a lovely Sunday lunch x

Morning, Monday morning and I have the next two days off and can stay in bed, so of course my body decides to be well awake by 5am.
Mary I don't like the 3 or 4 am starts but 6am is fine. Wed, Thurs, Fri I am back in the classroom again so its 9 to 5.
Had fish and chips out yesterday and a large glass of Baileys and a digestive biscuit for dessert when I got home. Two glasses of wine and then I must have fallen asleep on the couch watching TV. Woke up at 11pm and came to bed. That explains why I am awake now and hungry...I had no dinner..
Reading back through some of my posts and they are full of typos....apologies, my phone screen is completely cracked and I can't always see what I write.

Last edited:
Just very thoroughly gone through my uniform code and it says heels must be between 1.5cm and 8cm, that's great as I thought it was inches. Will be in Dublin next Saturday and going to see if I can get the lowest I am allowed. Then if I know I won't get any exercise at home I can go for walks around the terminal.

Having a rest after being busy in the kitchen.
Veg curry soup made and another batch of oat bars. This lot have almonds and cacoa nibs. I also made a batch of buckwheat pancakes and some califlower puree. It has some pistachio oil and toasted sesame seeds. I need to.go to town.soon to get more freezer containers.

So glad that you can shrink down heel wise, that's fantastic! Hopefully your feet won't hurt anymore! :)

The oatbars especially sound incredible! Glad you found your phone - careful with the screen! My best friend had her screen broken and it sliced her thumb right open!

Mmm fish and chips, could do with that right now :).

Good news on the lower heels, fingers crossed you'll find something suitable. And love all the cooking, setting you up nicely for the week!

Thanks all. I bought some more freezer containers and now have 9 breakfast burritos in the freezer. Each one has 2 1/2 cocktail quorn sausages, 1 slice vegan cheese and half tomato in a buckwheat pancake. I have about 16 oat bars, 6 veg lasagnes and 6 baked potatoes and veggie sausage and bean stew. I have teeny tubs of dips, I bought baby food containers for them. And I bought lentil crisps today. So work breakfast, lunch and snacks all sorted. If only I can be that organised at home.
Just in from a quick walk with baby, dog and husband. In the rain and wind so a quick 3km. Hoping to go for a swim tomorrow.

Morning, up and eating cooked porridge with blueberries and cinnamon. Porridge is a bit burned but fine ( got distracted by Matt Brown on TV :oops:).
Weighed in and was up 100g then down 200g and today the same. Its a sad state of affairs when a STS makes me happy.
Off again today and would like to go swimming, bit it is aqua aerobics day so can't go in until.after 12pm.

Just had second breakfast of curry veg soup and 2 brogies, each brogie is 20 cal.

Tidying the kitchen and sorting out open packets of this and odd packets of that. Found a packet of chick pea pasta I bought a few weeks ago and decided to makae quorn bolognese with it. I throw everything into tjw pressure cooked together and ready in about 8 minutes. Have the full pack of pasta ( quite small really), a carton of passatta, a tin tomatoes, a tin water (not cooking the pasta first) a grated carrot, two cloves garlic and some Italian seasoning. Too be added are a pack of frozen quorn mince, frozen onions and frozen chopped peppers. I reckon enough for about 6 meals anyway. I can't get to the freezer yet as plumber is here and all his tools on top of the freezer.

My bolognese will be a disaster. I've only just got to the freezer now for the quorn and the veg. When I put it into the pot the chickpea pasta had turned to total chickpea mush. I'm going to cook it anyway, it won't be "pasta bolognese" but it will be low fat, high in fibre and high in protein.

Back