Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Exam done, not sure how well I did on the practical part but will see. There were 8 of us and we finished according to age with me last. Though as the examiner said to the last two of us the younger ones learn by rote and may not necessarily understand what they did whereas we learn by understanding.
Off work today but no time for a rest as I'm off ti Dublin for another interview, its for temp public service the same as I did ladt summer (and hated it). As my current role is only 6 months and a lot of travel I thought I'd continue with this one anyway as it has the potential for 6 months too with better pay and hours. However I've just checked email now and have lots of paperwork to fill out first. Aaaarggghhhh:mad:

Finished at 2:30pm yesterday and hadn't had lunch, bought Thai takeaway on way home and had 2 spring rolls and half curry and rice yesterday and now having rest for breakfast.
Had about third of an easter egg then.

Well done on the exam, I bet you'll do really well - and good luck for the interview!

You are working so hard at securing a good job, the right thing is going to come along soon xx

Up awake and a exhausted. Porridge cooking and I'm watching "The lady in the van". Leaving for work.at 12pm and will be home about 7pm I think. Glad I went for interview, it is only a temp job normally 8 to 12 weeks but very rarely they have longer contracts. Anyway, our county has a new tax project and will have a few 2 year contracts so my name has been put down for that. Most applicants are college student so not available. However it is still luck of the draw....when my number comes up it could still be just 8 weeks.
Did a bit of shopping yesterday, a nightdress, some underwear, t shirts and a lunch bag. I decided against the new shoes and will see if I'm staying long term, the current shoes are fine for now. Got another pair of work trousers. Tesco 14 is too big and Penny's 14 is too small.
Had my left over Thai for breakfast, sushi, edame and chicken at 2:30 in city for lunch and then some bread, cheese and cheesecake from M&S for dinner about 8pm. Not a great day but a lit better than a normal day travelling.

Good luck with the interview, it's always easier to fin a job when in a job - so hopefully even if it's not nice you'll still get paid whilst also looking elsewhere! :) Hope it's better than the last though!

Oh Tipp.. fingers crossed for one of those longer contracts... you might be lucky! Few temps in my local tax office had contracts extended recently... im in a different department.. we never get temps.. But always new faces there!

Oh god, don't get me started on sizing, especially pennys!! so frustrating!

Have a great day today Tipp

Oh god, don't get me started on sizing, especially pennys!! so frustrating!

Have a great day today Tipp

I know, what is it about Penny's the sizes there are crazy. I got navy "short" trousers but the short trousers are now 30" long, that's not short.
Dunne's isn't too.bad and M&S sizing seems to be right for me.

Up yesterday at 2:30am for a 4:30 am start. Tried to eat toast but just couldn't. Had tea and oat bar when I got in and then one of my breakfast pancakes at 7am when I got a decent break. I'm not keen on the texture when microwaved so thinking through some other breakfast ideas as I do like the comfort of something warm rather than cold.
Had a "fun" time at work when I was sent to a gate to board a plane. They failed to.send anyone else and I don't have codes to activate any systems. All of a sudden I had about 200 passengers, no gates showing on screens, no queing lines, no way to.open the doors and an empty plane beside me waiting to be boarded. Called office and they wanted to know why I was ony own, em that's cos they didn't send anyone else down. It eventually got sorted and four more staff turned up.
Two days off and then 4 more 4 am.starts in a row.

Hope they hurry on through!

Bloody hell it sounds like you had a horrific time - well done on managing it all! hopefully that will go down in your favour when it comes to contracts!

Oh crikey, I've been waiting for a plane when that happened - bet you handled it with your usual aplomb!

Re breakfasts, it's difficult to advise for things not containing eggs, will give it some thought. What about the veg bombs I posted a while back?

Last edited:
Yep I'm going to make some veg things and might well do some vegan sausage and scrambled egg if stuck. Actually might just settle for quiche.

Just in from work.and eating before a nap. Not sure what meal it is, could.be third breakfast....or dinner, I don't know. Had an oat bar and tea at 4am when I arrived at work, one of my.vegan burritos at 7am and now at home 2 slices toast, scrambled egg and two reheated sausages.

Morning all, on my "lunch break" . I have Thai noodles with me but sitting at work having a fry instead, I just kept smelling it and after 5 weeks it finally tempted me.

Hi Tippy..those early ups and early starts sound dreadful😳 And your body clock must be all over the place. Nightmare being the only one there when a plane load of people champing at the bit to get on their plane and your stuck. Seeing what you have to do is an eye opener, I've never given the role of the ground crew a thought :classic_oops: you're all kept very busy.
Good luck for your interview results X

Morning all, don't have to be up till 8:30am today so of course I've been awake since before 5am. I am supposed to be off today and tomorrow but have to go in today for about 3 hours training to make up for the morning I lost when I went to the doctor.
Just finished four early days in a row and body is tired. I've no idea about weight at all, I've been "careful" with food but not overly so. I'm bringing a flask of greenint tea with me each day and my homemade oat bars. On longer days I've had a break and had a frozen meal from home or a wrap or the one day I've had a fry. Naps and early nights meant I haven't really had an evening dinner. This week coming up I've afternoons and evenings so will see what that does to me body.
Yesterday I was up at 3am and home at midday. Daughter 2 was still here and this week it is daughter 1s birthday and her husband's too so we all went out for lunch. I had wine and a lovely nap when we got back
Today I need to stop ony way home and do some shopping and then hoping to clean the house and tomorrow do some batch cooking and see what is left in the freezer.
Getting a good bit of walking done at work each day, such a pity it is in heels. Lots of walking if I am doing Ryanair flights as after I close checkin it is a mad dash to get to the gate for boarding before the passengers do...and I need to go through security screening just like all the passengers do. At least they keep you busy and active, yesterday I stood in one place for over two hours for an american flight, my feet were very sore afterwards.
I want to do some swimming this week and some walking too, proper walking that is in the fresh air and hopefully sunshine. Daughter 2 has been off work sick and one of her tests came back with very severe Vitamin D deficiency, she works shifts too and it is common in shift workers
I can see why, I'm home at midday and close the curtains and go to bed and can see no daylight for a few days in a row. While I'm not looking forward to the late shift and driving home at midnight I am looking forward to seeing daylight.
Haven't weighed in this week and must do it tomorrow and see where I am. I think ive stayed the same, I hope not a gain but it could be.

Back