Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Catch up on Saturday and Sunday, food news not good and I'm paying for it today.
Went to Dublin Saturday to collect daughter 2. Left early after a smoothie and we had a couple of stops to make and then went to a big shopping centre before coming home. I.got two tops on sale in House of Fraser.and then 1 top and 2 trousers also on sale in H&M. We shared tapas for lunch, it was delicious.

View media item 4848
Then we had a juice and a giant cookie each before coming home. We also bought 6 decorated donuts to bring home, I has a lemon meringue one. A chicken wrap and two glasses of wine and I was asleep by 10pm.
Sunday I had two slices brown bread toasted with half avocado and a poached egg.
The rest of the day then became a disaster with 3, yes 3 giant chocolate chip cookies, 2 packs tayto , 1 chicken wrap, I don't know how many crackers with butter or cheese and about 5 glasses wine. Went to bed at 9pm but awake since midnight with indigestion and just much too hot. Sweating now at work and exhausted. Drinking oceans of wine water. Its the sugar even more than the alcohol I reckon that's making me feel so bad....lesson learnt FINALLY.

Mmmm the tapas looks scrummy - and then DONUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got to have a little blowout every now and then - but wine and heat don't really mix (afterwards) - one side of this teetotal malarkey I don't miss.

Hope you're feeling a bit more hydrated now.

Yep, working my way through lots of water now. But definitely feeling a reaction to so much sugar, everything is bloated and the noises coming from my abdomen are somerhing else. Quick tea break now and just 40 more minutes at work and then I have a cookery class for an.hour...its scones tonight.

I'd have loved to be sitting at that table, tapas looks wonderfully yum 😋

We did share them all. 3 mini sliders, one pork, one chicken and one beef...I just had one. Then one bruschetta each with tomato, some grilled asparagus, deep fried stuffed courgette flower ( one between us) and finally a chicken and chorizo salad.

Breakfast now, no pears left so smoothie with porridge, flax seed, nectarine, some cashews, cacoa powder.
Some lentils and crackers for lunch and I have grapes and about three cherries left. I also have a scone too from last nights cookery class and they have zylitol instead of sugar as that's all one of my students can use.

No walks yesterday and possibly today or most of this week as I have cookery classes but also need to get to work early as I only have this week to build up.extra time to.get a day off soon.

Courgette flower was delicious, but of course it was...it was stuffed with goats cheese, battered and deep.fried and thwn drizzled with honey.

Being good at work and nibbling through my lunch box. Packed curried lentils and sweet potato pakora (or falafel) and nibbled with crackers for tea break and lunch. Lots for me to do today so sitting at desk and on cup 4 of green tea. Class again tonight but will try to go for a walk after it.

Just popping in to say hi.
I need to "meet" some people on here, if I'm going to find it supportive enough to stay!

(PS - I do give as much support as I receive - but I know I won't do either if I don't get to know enough people to want to hang around!)

Sarah

Hi Sarah, yep have seen you on a few other pages saying you had been here before. Welcome back, I'm just starting on year 2 and not doing as well as I did last year but trying hard.

It's hard, isn't it.
Keeping up enthusiasm for the amount of time it takes to get where you want to be.
Or, in my case, BACK to where you want to be!

Hi there - pleased to meet you!

Scones again, so fruit scones and then also a scone mix which we add coconut to and put jam in the middle and then cook. I have three different groups each week.

Back