Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Well food and exercise wise the day didn't go so well.
Went to city with daughter for shopping and we went to.pizza hut for lunch, her choice. Yes I could have had salad but I didn't, and we had chips and onion rings too.
Went to TKMAXX and tried on two pairs of shoes...In my size. Well I couldn't even get my fat feet into them never mind just not be able to fasten them. Then I tried on a dress, a size 16 simple silk shift with a lovely pattern. Yes it fit but it looked horrible, I'm now like Humpty Dumpty. But the worse bit was when I saw my legs and feet in the mirror. My feet and ankles are totally swollen and misshapen. My arches have dropped and feet falling in. I do have some swollen veins on the back of my legs but my ankles almost look purple.
Off to jiggle but will be back later.

Last edited:
So shopping, well I bought a pair of workout leggings and a t shirt. The leggings are medium and fine, the t shirt is large and is supposed to be body fitting but I usually get x large so it isn't. This is body hugging and reveals EVERYTHING...including two large spare tyres and what looks like a shelf where I.should have a bum. I got it deliberately so I couldn't hide in clothes. I'm hoping to get some form.of exercise before or after work each day so can throw these on easily.

I also bought a lovely leather skinned year planner. It starts from August this year and all through 2019. It has a planner for each month easy to view, them a diary and a notes page. So I can plan my weight loss, record food and exercise and maybe even a graph thrown in. I just need to get some fancy coloured pens today.

I also bought a lovely teapot for making my herbal tea in, today I'm having green tea with seaweed.
And I bought two fancy nail varnishes, right now I have a lovely aqua blue.

So today is about getting me ready for a good week. I'm in a classroom again for the full week so will have a bit of time in the morning to get some exercise in. I now have a drawer at work and keep a box of crackers, cereal bars and tea in it...enough for a week. I also have a large box in the fridge with ham and cheese but want to change that to veg and salads and dips.

So hoping to to.a really clean week with as much veg as possible and keep away fr.fat, sugar and alcohol as much as I can.

I also bought a new skirt.for work, a size 14. 14 in trousers fits but skirts don't always. I didn't try it on and thought it had an elastic waist but it doesn't, it has a band and zip. It doesn't fit, I need to.be at least 2 inches smaller for it. So instead of bringing it back I quickly ripped the tags off and have it hanging where it will mock me until it fits

Just back from town shopping for veg and I was starving. I got some cut price aubergines and some smoked tofu and made tempura.
Got my new pens too and off to make a plan in my new diary.
Gosh those photos are scary

I think you look great, hun, I'd love to be your size - and well done for sharing, if I put pics of myself up the internet would break!

Like the sound of the journal - it helps to put thoughts, weight, meal plans in one place x

Last edited:
Tipp, things are not at all as bad as you describe - certainly not scary. You have got a great pair of legs and 2" off fitting into a size 14 skirt is not big. We always see the worst in ourselves, but that is not how others see you.

Your plan sounds really good and I love the idea of the new diary and pens to keep track of things.

In a few months you will be posting more pictures and I'm sure you will be much happier with them.

Thanks all for the great comments. I know it is always relative and we are all battling with different.shapes and sizes. Yes a 14 seems small for some but as I'm short I should be a size 8. No, I'm not aiming for that but I would like to have a waist again. Fat around my abdomen is at quite unhealthy levels now.

Food wise quite good today, no sugar and vegan but did have bread a few times. I meant to go for a swim but then my sister rang and was in the phone for an hour. Then meant to go for a walk but Oscar came into me for stories and after four books I gave him a bath. So had to settle for another jiggle session.

Hey, Tipp! Don't let clothes and shoes dictate yr mood.

The reality is that different shapes & styles and widths can look fab on one person and ridiculous on another. Add to that how much sizes vary - especially when you look at how much hips and waist vary. One measurement that's never shown on websites is the width of upper arms....mine are big (and soft and hanging...). Sometghing can fit me perfectly everywhere else but the upper arms can be too tight.

So you rock on down to size 8 - and discover what shapes/styles will suit you then. My guess is yr shoe size will be different then, too.....

Have a good week.

In bed now and had a small meal/snack at 8pm and 3 grapes a while ago.
I've started my new year planner and at the moment aim for half a kilo a week.

One measurement that's never shown on websites is the width of upper arms....mine are big (and soft and hanging...). Sometghing can fit me perfectly everywhere else but the upper arms can be too tight..

i agree, I have bought ( or wanted to buy) clothes particularly in Europe that the upper arms are much too tight

Does anyone else have major problems with shoes, I am a shoeaholic but now only granny styles fit. I'm a size 37 and tried two styles on over the weekend, a pair of Riker ankle boots, my foot wouldn't go in and not even in the next two sizes either, and high strappy candles, same problem I couldn't get my toes through the straps.

Just jiggled and having a smoothie now, porridge, flax seed, pear, blueberries, cacoa powder all whizzed up on water.
And green tea this morning is green tea with toasted rice, its a very comforting taste.

Thanks all for the great comments. I know it is always relative and we are all battling with different.shapes and sizes. Yes a 14 seems small for some but as I'm short I should be a size 8. No, I'm not aiming for that but I would like to have a waist again. Fat around my abdomen is at quite unhealthy levels now.
Sorry tipp, I didn't mean to downplay how you are feeling I know it's awful when you feel 'fat' regardless of what size you actually are. The most important thing is you have a plan now and you can start making changes and then you will see changes in yourself in response to that. I think we will all probably battle with what we see in the mirror, regardless of what size we are.

Does anyone else have major problems with shoes, I am a shoeaholic but now only granny styles fit. I'm a size 37 and tried two styles on over the weekend, a pair of Riker ankle boots, my foot wouldn't go in and not even in the next two sizes either, and high strappy candles, same problem I couldn't get my toes through the straps.

I have got very wide feet and have always struggled, oddly after losing weight I have gone down a shoe size but my feet are still as wide as ever. Simply Be do a good range of styles in wide fit and they are not to old granny-ish.

I'm with the others in saying you look great - certainly compared with me.
But I know it's all relative, and if you're not happy about it, then no comparisons with other people are going to help you.

The good thing (depending on your point of view, of course) is that it does show everything. Which means that each inch you lose will be visible, and you'll gradually get to look better and better in it.

i agree, I have bought ( or wanted to buy) clothes particularly in Europe that the upper arms are much too tight
Yup - I found that particularly with german work clothes. I used to go to plus size shops when travelling - and it was the arms... And Italian clothes are for women shaped like barrels - way to big in the waist and small in the thigh for me.

I have a dutch trouser suit size 22 - which has a sheer long open overcoat over a sleeveless top and trews. I can't wear it yet as the hams of my arms are too big. They do drop down droopily - and did before I started this weight loss plan. I'm hoping I'll get to wear it before the top and trews look ridiculously big!!

Does anyone else have major problems with shoes, I am a shoeaholic but now only granny styles fit. I'm a size 37 and tried two styles on over the weekend, a pair of Riker ankle boots, my foot wouldn't go in and not even in the next two sizes either, and high strappy candles, same problem I couldn't get my toes through the straps. .

I currently wear EEE size 8 - I'm between an 8 and a 7.5. I tried various sandals (small heel and no heel) this year - none wear big enough for the front of my foot. I buy shoes from SimplyBe, Marisota and JDWilliams. They seem to have much the same style so I look around for a bargain! I have some fun pewter with studs loafers, and shiny silver slip ons. Do not buy their "soft leather loafers" as they look awful after the first month.

OMG ... I am in love! https://www.marisota.co.uk/shop/buc.../show.action?pdBoUid=8013#colour:Print,size:8
boot.jpg
boot.jpg

I still have my work heels - I'm not sure I'll wear them again as I wore loafer or brogue style shoes with trousers for my last job, and am not sure that even being thinner, that I can handle the angle!! I also have some lovely kitchen heels that I hope to slink into by Xmas.

Clareel I know you didn't and don't worry,I didn't take it that way at all. I'm currently 79kg which for some heights is normal but my Wii tells me every day my ideal weight is 50kg....if I get to.68kg, a size 12 trousers and can close a size 16 shirt I will be very pleased.

Arms and feet, the things you don't really think about that weight wise can cause the biggest problems. Those sites look great, i must go and get my feet measured ad I have no idea what width they actually are. Its more my ankles are swollen than anything else.

Lunch today didn't quite go as planned. I brought soup and salad withe but then.had to go out to the chemist and got very delayed so.grabbed a subway chicken.tikka roll and ate while driving back to the office. I.made it good by adding lettuce, tomato, cucumber and sweetcorn to it so lots of

Thanks Tessa , I will try Evans for shoes. But ours is quite small and from what I remember they don't stock a size 36 or 37 ( 3, 3 1/2) but will check.
I don't actually NEED shoes I just like them.

Back