Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Oh Crafter you poor love, I used to have terrible sinuses and made it so much worse by overusing the sinus sprays. I stopped drinking cow's milk and swapped to soya, and it made a real difference. I also take a cetirizine hayfever tablet every morning without fail, and touch wood I've had no infections for about 5 years now.

I also take a load of turmeric and oregano oil - they are both great for staving off infections The turmeric tablets should have black pepper in them, helps it absorb, and take them straight after a meal otherwise the turmeric will burn! Garlic is also excellent for fighting infections.

Oh Crafter you poor love, I used to have terrible sinuses and made it worse by overusing the sinus sprays - but I stopped drinking cow's milk and swapped to soya, and it made a real difference. I also take a cetirizine hayfever tablet every morning without fail, and touch wood I've had no infections for about 5 years now.

I was told to cut out dairy to see if that helps. But I love milk(lactofree) in tea and coffee. I don't use any other dairy. Ok I will go back to drinking green teas for a couple of days and see what happens.:)

Yep, that could be very likely that you wake cos you are not getting enough oxygen. Also apparently all you body organs have different times of the day when they re energise and if you wake in the middle of the night it can be that one organ is low in energy...according toy acupuncturist anyway. I think liver is about 4am but can't be sure, or spleen. Will see if I can find the diagram

Going to look into this and see if I can find a solution.:)

Morning all. Well no diet happening here at all. This cold weather is making me starving. Our house has officially become a snow shelter. Daughter, son in law and Oscar have moved in for a few days as they have no heat. Went shopping on Tuesday to stock up and shops had run out of bread and bottled water. Got what I could. Then husband got a call just now from his sister. His nieces university has shut down so she is coming to stay too. She's about 20 minutes away on motorway, it's the first 5 km to get there that is the worst

I went Morrisons at 7am and there was no milk and cooked meats were low.They must of been in a hurry to go home last night as all the trolleys were scattered around the car park. Why can't people just put them in the trolley parks. :classic_smile:

I'm so lucky in that I did a big shop just last week, so got enough for me and the house guest to keep going - although she's wandering up to Sainsburys in a mo to see what's there.

Keep safe and warm, all - and good luck Tipp with your full house!

Morning all, I'm exhausted. No diet, no exercise. As I said it has been like Christmas here. It snowed Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Friday. No thaw at all yesterday and just thawing now. We had 30 cm snow. Main roads have been cleared since Friday evening but not were we live so getting out is difficult. One of my snow refugees has left, the niece, but daughter son in law and baby still here. They plan on leaving today. Its been constant cooking and cleaning and eating with some drinking and boardgames thrown in. As we live in the countryside we would always have a weeks stock of food in only needing to top up.with bread and milk. The shops on Tuesday were running out so everyone that arrived brought some with them so we had plenty. It was only yesterday that we had to resort to the freezer to find a meal, I hadn't planned on 7 of us but it was fine. It did mean I paid no attention at all to what I was eating and we have had lots of cake and biscuits

So all leaving today and I need to sort out my house and get my routine back. I haven't slept at all, I find it hard to sleep.with a house full of people.
Back to normal tomorrow hopefully.

Hi Tipp!

Good luck with the job applications!

Hopefully you will get back to normal quickly, and settle back into a routine. The snow has played havoc! My little part of the south of England has been chaos!

So all leaving today and I need to sort out my house and get my routine back. I haven't slept at all, I find it hard to sleep.with a house full of people.
Back to normal tomorrow hopefully.

I've only had OH here the last three days but it's interrupted my routine. Will be so glad to see Monday.:classic_smile:

It's impossible to stick to plan when you've got people staying, especially a full house like you!

Here's to everyone getting off home OK and you getting some time to yourselves x

OK getting house sorted today and will be back tomorrow on full diet and exercise regime.

OK getting house sorted today and will be back tomorrow on full diet and exercise regime.

I am the same as you Tipperary, I am back on track today... storm emma resulted in me gaining 2lbs!!! Like you I had a visitor, my little sis couldn't get home to my parents so came to visit... with a bag of goodies as a thank you!!!!

Tough going having so many visitors... and being cold and cabin fever setting in...

Hi Tippy, how's things? I love having people around but boy oh boy does it mean having food you wouldn't normally make X

Morning all and thanks. Well hopefully I am back
I agree, being "holed up" is fun but not good long term. For some reason everyone kept buying biscuits and cake and I have eaten so much. Still some biscuits and pizza left but hopefully I will avoid them
Money is tight so food shopping now needs to be thought about carefully. However we do have a very full freezer and a fairly full pantry, I just need to be cateful to avoid too much pasta and rice and make sure any money is spent on fresh veg.
I have a few things to do this week, a meeting tomorrow about 30 mins away and husband back to consultant on Thursday. I also need to get the kittens to the vet.
Today I want to get out for an early walk then home to clean the kitchen, make some soup and see what meals we have for the next few days. I've one more bedroom to clean and then sit down and see what jobs to apply for this week...I really didn't envision being unployed this long.
Not going to weigh in or measure until Friday, too embarrassed to.
And good news, Alaskan Bush People is back on Discovery Channel, season 2 the season I've never seen. It gives me a great reason to be up and eating breakfast by 8 am

Morning, back again. Well I've certainly knocked my blood sugars/metabolism/thingy out of sync. Hopefully its just sugar withdrawal and will pass. I had porridge at 8am and was planning on soup.for lunch. I have a really bad headache, I can feely brain bouncing when I move and its making me dizzy and weak. I stood up toake soup, planning on going for a walk and having it when I.got back. But I realised I was starving and shaking. So now eating crackers with avocado and ham while the soup is cooking. Will see if that helps before I think.about going for a walk.

Thanks, I don't like bananas but know what you mean. My body just has too many toxins and needs to clear them. Had a rest, it did no good and then had some soup and a dlicr of toast with butter, not the best choice but thought it would help...i mean toast fixes everything
Had a 3.5km walk, felt fine walking but still have my headache. Thinking of having a bath now.

Back