Unthoughtful people!

HelsAngel;4227778please don't gloat about how you lost 5lbs yet still had takeaways said:
I know what you mean, I slog my guts out to lose 2lbs and this woman who had been eating and drinking hardcore for 4 days, lost 1.5lbs, how does that work?! I'm not hoping it catches up with them or anything.....

speccyblue said:
I think female Drs are much more sympathetic about the weight thing. Men can lose it quite easily whereas women have a bit more of a struggle. Some men have no idea how to deal with women, perhaps your new Dr is one of them.

The 2 times I've been made to feel bad about myself by doctors they were both women.

But the nurse who was fantastic when I went to see her about weight related issues was so supportive and lovely I can get over the way the other two viewed me. They were the **** I had to wade through to get to lovely nurse!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Oh, I totally have another one.....

Dear people of the world,
If you are not 100% sure of a ladies condition, don't say anything at all. Questions and comments like "when are you due to drop?", "is it your first?" and "are you actually pregnant?" will embarrass you and humiliate me. And, to the nosey, not so perfect lady on the beach on holiday, if I want to smoke while I'm so obviously "pregnant", I will.
Oh, and I'd already lost a stone you rude, unthoughtful people!

Dear fellow Slimmers,
Please don't refer to yourself as huge, massive, a heiffer, a blob, blimp etc etc especially when it's obvious you aren't the largest person on Minimins. Most of you that do this have only a stone or two to lose, so if you are huge, massive etc what do you think it says about those of us that have ALOT more than you to lose? Well for me at least it makes me feel crap, all that new found confidence in losing 2.5stone is undermined and it reminds me how far I have to go instead of celebrating how far I've come. Yes you may feel bad yourself about being overweight but try to see it from another Slimmers perspective. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Happy Slimming x

Shirleen said:
Dear fellow Slimmers,
Please don't refer to yourself as huge, massive, a heiffer, a blob, blimp etc etc especially when it's obvious you aren't the largest person on Minimins. Most of you that do this have only a stone or two to lose, so if you are huge, massive etc what do you think it says about those of us that have ALOT more than you to lose? Well for me at least it makes me feel crap, all that new found confidence in losing 2.5stone is undermined and it reminds me how far I have to go instead of celebrating how far I've come. Yes you may feel bad yourself about being overweight but try to see it from another Slimmers perspective. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Happy Slimming x

I agree-someone the other day was about 6/7 stone lighter than me and said something similar-felt like crap! Yeah I know its all about how you feel about yourself but even so :( x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

HelsAngel - If you happen to come across the same utterly rude people, here are my replies...

When are you due to drop? - About 9 months after I ACTUALLY get pregnant./Friends like you at a moments notice./A brick on your head? - very soon.

Is it your first? - Time in XXX yes/no thanks. / Yes, and I'm really looking forward to my next. Thanks for asking. (To the bar - Drinks on this lady!!) / Time of being asked such a rude and personal question? - No. There are other insensitve b!tches out there!!!

Are you actually pregnant? - What business is it of yours./How will your life change knowing the answer to that?/Don't panic, it's not your husbands!!./Thank you for thinking that God would choose me to be the vessel for another Imacculate Conception!!!

HelsAngel - If you happen to come across the same utterly rude people, here are my replies...

When are you due to drop? - About 9 months after I ACTUALLY get pregnant./Friends like you at a moments notice./A brick on your head? - very soon.

Is it your first? - Time in XXX yes/no thanks. / Yes, and I'm really looking forward to my next. Thanks for asking. (To the bar - Drinks on this lady!!) / Time of being asked such a rude and personal question? - No. There are other insensitve b!tches out there!!!

Are you actually pregnant? - What business is it of yours./How will your life change knowing the answer to that?/Don't panic, it's not your husbands!!./Thank you for thinking that God would choose me to be the vessel for another Imacculate Conception!!!

Thanks for these. I'm writing them all down ;) I'd have made a witty retort had I not been in utter shock/highly embarrassed/laughing/mumbling something about eating more salad!

Now, I'm just going to tell them I'm not pregnant at all and I'm very upset by their assumption. Watching them squirm to get out of it whilst I glare at them with my head tilted and my eyebrows raised is going to be great fun!

Dear Driver,

Please could you remember that indicators are called that for a reason, they indicate where you intend to go.

Would you also be so kind as to recall, the mirror, signal and manoeuvre mantra. Not looking in your mirror, then braking, then signalling is just a tad annoying and potential rather dangerous.

kind regards

Thanks for these. I'm writing them all down ;) I'd have made a witty retort had I not been in utter shock/highly embarrassed/laughing/mumbling something about eating more salad!

Now, I'm just going to tell them I'm not pregnant at all and I'm very upset by their assumption. Watching them squirm to get out of it whilst I glare at them with my head tilted and my eyebrows raised is going to be great fun!

somebody rudely asked me was i pregnant or just got fatter when i was 8 months pregnant! i was mortified i just said what do you think!! probably could have so much more but didnt know what to say x

My sister emailed me to say that she wants mum and dad for Christmas dinner so could I just not come home at Christmas ? Nice to feel wanted, obviously I wasn't wanted to join the festive fun!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

waterbabydani said:
My sister emailed me to say that she wants mum and dad for Christmas dinner so could I just not come home at Christmas ? Nice to feel wanted, obviously I wasn't wanted to join the festive fun!

What?? Not an invite too? Do you not get on or something?

What would your mum ad dad say about her asking you not to go? And what's doing it by email all about?

Hope your ok xx

waterbabydani said:

Ohh! That must hurt. I've been there, families are so hurtful sometime. My niece git married last year and I wasn't invited when I talked to my brother an mentioned the wedding he said. "they just want a small do... Just family". That hurt and what hit most was that ALL my other sisters were invited.

(((((BIG HUGS)))))

Mrs.S. said:
What?? Not an invite too? Do you not get on or something?

What would your mum ad dad say about her asking you not to go? And what's doing it by email all about?

Hope your ok xx

She doesn't talk to me since I moved to London, my parents didn't know anything about it, they have explained that they aren't going to hers on Xmas, I've stopped talking to her, sick of laying myself open to low punches. She's going skiing on boxing day anyway so would have left mum and dad alone rest of Holidays anyway

jelly bean 639 said:
Ohh! That must hurt. I've been there, families are so hurtful sometime. My niece git married last year and I wasn't invited when I talked to my brother an mentioned the wedding he said. "they just want a small do... Just family". That hurt and what hit most was that ALL my other sisters were invited.

(((((BIG HUGS)))))

I'm used to her being old and selfish but as I've just come out of hospital I thought it was below the belt

waterbabydani said:
I'm used to her being old and selfish but as I've just come out of hospital I thought it was below the belt

Old - cold, Freudian slip!! Hee hee

Shirleen said:
Dear fellow Slimmers,
Happy Slimming x

My thoughts exactly. It undermines other people's progress and is plain judgemental!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Shirleen said:
Dear fellow Slimmers,
Happy Slimming x

I don't know how to reply to this properly without it sounding like I don't understand where your coming from but I'm going to try a little!
Being one of said people who "only" needs to lose three stone I find it a little harsh! I'm not one who will go around saying I'm huge or massive or anything, but inside I do feel it. This isn't to say I will sit here and judge people who are bigger than me, because even though I am "only" 3 stone heavier than I want to be, I still let myself get there, and I know I could sooo easily have both done nothing about it and probably not even noticed it in the first place. If it wasn't for my mum constantly telling me I'm turning into my aunti (whole different story) then I probably would be bigger than I was.
I understand that it may make you feel that you have a long way to go after your 2.5 stone loss, but you probably don't realise how many of us onlys look at that and see Massive inspiration and the knowledge that if someone else than me can do it then why can I?
I hope I'm making sense because I do understand where your coming from, but as an "only" I also found it a little undermining of my journey.

Can I also just say that being in my iPhone most of the time means I can't see peoples stats anyway so to me I view everybody the same and don't even think about what size or weight people may or may not be!

I agree with all you say Laura.
I would be classed as an 'only' too (although if I add on previous weightloss then I have lost around 4st a few years back)...I too can't see no ones stats so no clue what people have to lose.
There are days where I look at myself and cry cz I hate what I see in the mirror and days where I feel 'massive' and days where I try on 20 different outfits cz everything makes me look 'huge' and I end up chucking on a tracksuit and not going out because I have got myself in a state I don't know why I feel like this as I know that I am not that far overweight now.
I do not judge anyone other than myself, and I certainly don't intend to undermine someone else's weightloss, but I did think that I could be on minimins and feel like I wouldn't be judged as we all have something in common, our desire to lose weight-no matter how much or little we need to lose, and after reading that I could be undermining peoples losses kinda makes me feel like even on minimins I can't confess how i really feel about myself without upsetting someone else, so I have to keep it bottled up as I always do...I too think that some of the weightlosses from slimmers on this site are amazing and very inspirational and I am in awe of them, people I look up to, not intending to put down in anyway...hope this doesn't come out as attacking, just want to give a voice to some of the 'onlys' x

I understand what you mean, to be honest I just really hate the way people describe themselves full stop! Some of the usernames make me cringe too. I'm sorry I used the word 'only' I realise now that I was undermining your battle.
My catchphrase on here seems to be 'don't be so hard on yourself' and I think we are all yoo harsh, in our words, our expectations, our opinion on what the world sees, our imagining what the world thinks! We all need to lighten up and accept that we are beautiful women, and you ARE beautiful, ask your mum/dad/hubby/ child/dog/best friend or just take my word for it!

Back