Total Solution Violet's Exante Diary : Getting To Goal

I only measure my waist, hips and bust.
I drank loads of coke zero in the beginning but had a can yesterday and ended up giving it to my son, it tasted so sweet and sickly.
Keep going Violet your doing great.

Mandy

Hey Violet
A lot of people do have flavoured water while doing Exante - there's a list of ones that are allowed on the 'what to drink' sticky, plus there are the Exante water flavourings (which are a bit of an acquired taste but definitely start to taste better after a few days of Exante!)
Well done getting back on with it - do you notice any reaction to sweets now? I had one mouthful of cake the other day and it seemed so sweet, and made my head feel a bit funny almost immediately. Hoping I've become allergic to it, that would make maintaining weight post-Exante a lot easier!

The only flavoured water is from Tesco, and I don't shop there, it's really far away. It's a shame as I did get 2 bottles when I last went for school jumpers, and it was really nice. I had thought about water flavourings, but it's the extra carbs in them, plus some say they're not so nice so I'll just give them a miss.

I wish I was allergic to cake and sweets lol! In total the few bits I did have would've fit on a teaspoon so it was hardly anything, but they didn't taste funny or make me feel weird... thinking back when I had a slip the other week, I didn't feel anything when I had those carbs, shame as feeling crap would after them would make things so much easier! :D

i can defo recommend The Beck Diet Solution book, I had read about it in some of the other diaries on here so got a copy. It really helps overcome cravings and stop eating when you dont really need / want to (main reason im a fatty)....i picked up a cheap copy on amazon.

im prepared to try anything to help me lose the weight and so far its working - ive lost 29lbs in 6 weeks!!! can t believe it!

I have the Beck book, I should really get back into that. I can talk myself out of eating foods I shouldn't but it's the part of me that's saying 'go on, just a little bit' I wish that voice would shut up lol! I don't eat meat or fish, so carbs have always played a huge part of my diet and it's something that I'm going to have to address when If I hit goal :)

29lbs in 6 weeks in awesome! I started on the 23rd of July and I think I've lost 16lbs in that time, but I haven't weighed in 2 weeks so I'm not sure what happened since the last time I did. I'm hoping to loose at least a stone a month, if I can do that, I'll be happy, a bit more would be great though :)

Have you been TS the whole 6 weeks? Have you had things like coke zero etc?

I only measure my waist, hips and bust.
I drank loads of coke zero in the beginning but had a can yesterday and ended up giving it to my son, it tasted so sweet and sickly.
Keep going Violet your doing great.

Mandy

Hmmm it's funny how your taste chages so much. I think I could go without the coke zero and Dr Pepper zero as I never drank fizzy pop before, I just started to as I thought it would help, I only really have it in the evening.. think I'l try and ago without when all the bottles have gone. :)

ive been drinking dr pepper zero (but i always make sure i have 3-4 litrs water each day as well) and have been having the tesco bars inbstead of exante ones. Ive been pretty much 100% ts, have had 4 days where i had 2 shakes and a small salad with chicken breast. weirdly i have decided to just stay ts 100% now as the few times ive eaten it made me think about food more and then i would sts for a few days.

Mini's is playing up tonight, can't see what's before this box, so I'll to read in the morning. For now today's food.

4.00pm: Vanilla shake made hot
7.30pm: Chocolate shake made hot
9.30pm: SF chocolate crisp bar

x5 cups of tea made with semi skimmed milk and canderel
x2 glasses of coke zero

Ate a piece of baby carrot the size of inch and a bit, had to test it for the kids.

I always measure-stomach as well. The weight comes off there pretty quickly so feels good.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ive been drinking dr pepper zero (but i always make sure i have 3-4 litrs water each day as well) and have been having the tesco bars inbstead of exante ones. Ive been pretty much 100% ts, have had 4 days where i had 2 shakes and a small salad with chicken breast. weirdly i have decided to just stay ts 100% now as the few times ive eaten it made me think about food more and then i would sts for a few days.

I wondered if I was perhaps drinking too much of the fizzy stuff, I'm not drinking litres of it a day, but I think I read it can, for some people stall losses, although others say it makes no difference.

I think when I get into a diet I can become quite obsessive with it, like just trying to everything right to loose the weight, and I think maybe I over analyse things :rolleyes:

I always measure-stomach as well. The weight comes off there pretty quickly so feels good.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya Kat, hope things are hunky dory for you :) This is what confused me with that body chart thing, if I was measuring my stomach, I'd take the measuring tape all the way around crossing at the belly button, which is probably the widest part..the chart said this is where I should put the tape for hip measurement huh!!

I've had another good day today. I've spoken with my lil lad about what he wants for his birthday dinner, he does't want to have the pizza and fries meal from the lovely take away shop he wants to have party food instead, so little sarnies, sausage roll etc etc It works out just as well as I have decided that for his birthday I will sit with them and join in with them at dinner time. I really wasn't going to but I just think it's awful that I don't join in with my two boys, especially on his birthday. As much as I want to loose weight, and I know this is a temporary diet, I won't let it rule my life to the point where I can't share some party food with my son. I'm not a social butterfly, where I have evenings and meals out etc, so I'm just going to enjoy his birthday :) and return to Exante as normal the following day. Then it's exactly 90 days til my eldest birthday so from next Tuesday I plan on doing 90 days full 100%

Have been a done some shopping today, I got Cadburys chocolate fingers and two boxes of Mr Kiplings French Fancy's (they were on offer) they're in the cupboard, I had forgot all about them..it wasn't so long ago that I'd have sat and ate the whole box of French Fancy's in one go..that's quite shocking!..

Food for today

4.30pm: Vanilla shake made hot with 800-900mls of water
8.30pm: Chocolate shake made hot with 800-900mls of water
9.30pm: SF chocolate crisp bar

x2 glasses of coke zero
x5 cups of tea with semi skimmed milk and candered

Another good day, minus an inch of omelette (was testing the heat for the kids) Nearly at the end of this week, which is great as I haven't weighed in for a while due to a bit of a mess, so it'll be good to weigh in on Saturday morning, and hopefully knock a few pounds off :)

Todays menu ;)

5.00pm: Strawberry shake made hot with 900mls of water
8.30pm: Chocolate shake made hot with 900mls of water
10.00pm: SF bar

x5 cups of tea with semi skimmed milk and canderel
x2 glasses of coke zero

Well done Violet, your so focused now. Can't wait to find out how you've done on Saturday.

It's weigh in day tomorrow, I can finally update challenges and tickers as I haven't made a proper record for the last 2 weeks. I think I'm heading for 3-4lb loss. I would obviously like a bit bit more, but I think I'm too far in the plan to get the higher losses maybe, and 3-4lbs a week is pretty much average so I'm happy with that, plus if it gives you that every week then hitting a stone every month is great, there's nothing else that will give you that :)

Going to have a bit of a rant now! :grumble: My eldest has been back at school since Wednesday, yesterday, Thursday he comes home and tells me there was a problem at lunch time. The school don't allow nuts or chocolate bars, like mars, boost etc but do allow kit kats, penguin etc. I do understand about the ban on nuts as people do have allergies, I've never sent my lad to school with whole nuts, a)because of the nut allergy b) because he doesn't like them c) they're a choking hazard.

Yesterday he was sat at the lunch table with his other classmates and a girl (who's very loud, bossy and just generally a know it all) looked into his lunch and said "you can't eat that" pointing into his lunch box. She then, hand in the air told the lunch supervisor my lad had food with nuts. The supervisor took my sons cereal bar (it was a medley cereal bar) examined it, looked at the packaging and said "if you look here, it says may contain nuts, i've got someone who has a nut allergy if he see's this he'll have a fit" My lad put his cereal bar in his lunch box and didn't eat it. :rant2: He never answered back, he's afraid to stick up for himself in case he gets into trouble, he should've told the girl to mind her own business and eat her own lunch and stop concentrating on what everyone else is doing, but he doesn't, he's a polite, thoughtful member of the class, and this I feel will be his downfall in certain cases.

The bar he had, had tiny pieces of peanut that were crushed into miniscule pieces, you couldn't even pick them out, he had these bars every day for the whole of last year and there was never a problem. I have sent a letter in with him today, as I quite literally flipped out. I didn't like it that his food was examined, it's unacceptable and I don't think the teachers who have lunch would allow someone to examine their food. I also made the point that you can't ban every food that 'may contain nuts' 'may contain nuts as produced in a nut factory' and that over half of the kids who take a packed lunch will have foods that contain this on their food labelling. What are they going to do, ban everything that says this? (I did say that in the letter) I also stated that what he had was a cereal bar not a bag of brazils.

I expect I may have a phone call or a letter or something regarding my letter as it was rather long and my tone did come through in the letter. I was mad! :mad: I understand that teachers have it rough these days against some parents and kids, but I've never caused a fuss, even though there are things I could've made fuss about, but I will not stand for this. I actually looked at a packet of Diary Lee dunkers, the labelling says 'may contain nuts' so does that mean that all the kids that take these can't?.... fuming I was :flamingmad:

When I was writing the letter, all my lad kept saying was, "we don't have to do this" he will have a go at home, be challenging etc but as school he won't behave that way, and doesn't like to be confrontational..I wish he did stick up for himself yesterday and I told him so and he wouldn't get into trouble for that. Rant over! :cool:

I would be mad too. sounds like you have a lovely little boy though - you should be proud of him, not many kids are so well mannered and behaved these days. Hopefully the school will see sense....

Good luck for tomorrows weigh in xx

Oh Violet, the worlds gone mad. Schools are getting so ridiculous with rules. I'm quite lucky and haven't experienced anything like you, but i can sympathise with your anger, i would be fuming too.
You did the right thing writing a letter as it's in writing they can't really ignore it. If you hear nothing in the next few days i would be tempted to ring the school. But thats just me.

I would be mad too. sounds like you have a lovely little boy though - you should be proud of him, not many kids are so well mannered and behaved these days. Hopefully the school will see sense....

Good luck for tomorrows weigh in xx

I know I am biased but he is lovely boy, so thoughtful, caring, polite and he always uses his manners and he is never ignorant. When he goes to school, he always says 'good morning' to his teachers, the caretaker and hello to his classmates, some of the kids are pig ignorant and don't say hello back which really infuriates me. Since nursery, he has always been complimented on his manners and politeness, and I know that if this was someone sat there with a huge king size mars bar,(which isn't allowed) he would sit there and ignore it and turn a blind eye, he wouldn't feel the need to interfere with other peoples business. I just wish he would've spoken up to the girl and said 'eh, it's my lunch thank you, you eat your own' this is his last year at first school, so next Setptember starting middle school, which I dreading, even more so when I think about things like this.

Thanks Ginger, I think it will go ok, 3lbs off would be great. If I could loose 3lbs then it would take me out the 19's :D

Oh Violet, the worlds gone mad. Schools are getting so ridiculous with rules. I'm quite lucky and haven't experienced anything like you, but i can sympathise with your anger, i would be fuming too.
You did the right thing writing a letter as it's in writing they can't really ignore it. If you hear nothing in the next few days i would be tempted to ring the school. But thats just me.

Hi Mandy, the schools have clamped down so much, it's awful. I have to give consent for everything, and the teachers aren't allowed to apply sun cream in the hot weather, he kids have to do it themselves, the teachers are so restricted these days it's ridiculous! I can understanding the banning of nuts due to allergies etc, but I think this women took it a little far. I was so upset yesterday by this, I could've cried. (I'm a little emotional at the moment, every now and again I feel like a bit of a weep lol!)

I just felt so sorry for him, to have someone pick at his food like that!

My mum took him to school this morning and she took him into his class room and told his form teacher I had wrote a letter, regarding lunch. His teacher said he was aware of something but not all the details. My mum told him I was not happy at all, and told him that the girl who started it should've minded her own business and my son should have said so too.

My mum has picked him up today (he stays over the weekend for sleep overs, my brother still lives at home and they get on well, plus my aunt visits and she plays games etc with the kids) and nothing was said about it, but she told me that he ate his lunch today including his cereal bar. :D

Glad your mum had a word with the teacher. It will enhance how upset you are over the situation. I'm sure your son will have a good time this weekend.

He'll have a fab time, he always does :) Was going good today, then I had 3 kids fork sized bites of noodle, 3 skips and 4 Haribo sweets, I think I left things get to me today.. I know it wasn't a meal I had, It just happened so quick, oh well, it is what it is ;)

YAY, weighing in tomorrow and can record weight and update, really want 3lb off...c'mon 3lb lol!

Todays food

4.00pm: Vanilla shake made hot with 700mls
8.30pm: Chocolate shake made hot with 900mls
9.30pm: BL chocolate and mint bar

x5-7 cups of tea with semi skimmed milk and canderel
x2 glasses of coke zero

Haven't tried the BL bars, hope it's ok :)

Good luck Violet for your weigh-in tomorrow, I have my fingers crossed for you. I'm sure you will be fine.

Mandy

:happy036:So happy this morning, lost 5lbs this week! :bliss:

Wasn't expecting that, so it was great to see! I'm now officially out of the 19's now. :party0011: I'm over half way through phase two on my ticker and nearly, nearly half way to ultimate goal :D

Plus my BMI has now dropped to 43.8 from 58.2 :party0011: and I've lost 24.86% of my body weight :D

In total I've lost 87lbs and 18lbs to go til the big 100lb loss :happy036:

Century club here I come! :bunnydance:

Last edited:
Wow fantastic bunny hops! You've done so well already!
Keep it up
LED x

Well done Violet, you really deserve that loss, you've done so well this week. Gives you such a boost when your hard work is rewarded.

Mandy

Back