Weight loss resources

Weighed myself this week and am now 14 stone 7lbs. I never thought I'd make it there! I told my mother how much I'd lost since January and she was staggered! Mind you, she lives in Australia so she will be surprised when she sees me (whenever that may be!!)

My father is going into hospital next week for prostate cancer surgery. He is very positive and they have caught it early - boys get your psa levels checked it could save your life!

I have been going to the gym diligently and doing my 1hrs cardio and 20min weights. I feel fantastic in my body and am longing for the day when my clothes size is consistent. I am in peacocks 18-20 vest tops to work out in and the gym instructor couldn't believe they were 18-20 sized. She is as thin and toned as a whip and she has clothes ranging from 8 -14 so we all have this problem. It is a bit disheartening however, when I think I am nearly at 5 stone off and I'm still in 18-20 tops. Hohum!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hope everyone is well and feeling good. To all those who have bben suportive of me in these last few weeks, thanks. To those who have not - you will not bring me down....:) :) :)

Been bad today. lived off ferrero Rocher chocs and nothing else. haven't had a blow out like this in months so I'm off to the gym later to redeem myself. The lesson learnt is that my pms is VERY bad this month. I forgive myself and will do better tomorrow. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I love how positive you are, and can you just have a second remembering how gorgeous the ferrero roche tasted just for me please! ;)

Seemed to have plateaued this week. No weight loss but decided to up my cardio exercise this wekk to see if that has any effect. Yesterday I did 80 mins cardio and today I did 90. I'm going to stick to 90 mins for a week and see if that shifts anything. I should be grateful really considering the indiscretion with the ferreros...

I am really enjoying working out - it is MY time and I feel that slowly but surely I am getting somewhere. I started working out seriously in June, so that is a bit over 4 months now. My jelly belly is decreasing and my stamina is increasing. Way to go wlr/cd!!!!:) :) :) :) PS DQ LOVE the pics!! What a difference!

The Mirror Exercise

Taken from Paul McKenna NLP Weight Loss Training Courses - Paul Mckenna

Somebody Who Loves You

When you are feeling low, it is commonplace that friends and family can see your strengths and values even when you do not. We can use this fact to begin the process of loving and valuing ourselves. Here’s an exercise to help you begin to change the patterns of self-loathing that most of us have been carrying through-out our lives.

Before you do this exercise read through all the steps first.
  1. If it’s appropriate, close your eyes and think of someone who loves or deeply appreciates you. Remember how they look, and imagine they are standing in front of you now.
  2. Gently step out of your body and into the body of the person who loves you. See through their eyes, hear through their ears, and feel the love and good feelings they have as you look at yourself. Really notice in detail what it is that they love and appreciate about you. Recognise and acknowledge those amazing qualities that perhaps you hadn’t appreciated about yourself until now.
  3. Step back into your own body and take a few moments to enjoy those good feelings of knowing that you are loved and appreciated exactly as you are.
You can keep that inner feeling with you for hours and hours and re-run this exercise whenever you want to boost it. The more you do it, the easier it becomes, and eventually it becomes automatic to love and feel loved.

If you’ve found this simple exercise useful and would like to know a bit more about my Weight-Loss Seminar in which I personally re-pattern your thoughts, attitudes and beliefs about food, then click here to learn more or book your place.

Thought I would copy and paste this here for you mate :D

I wanna see some piccies of your toned bod you! :)

HA HA!!!! PMSL!! Not pervy! No photos I'm afraid as I don't have a digital camera! Are you going to Birmingham? I'll be there in all my toned glory.....

Lessons learned this week are simple.
1) I am very angry. I have been angry for years and it manifests itself in destructive habits and behaviours such as my ferrero blow out and yesterdays chocolholic fiesta.

However, I thought about a few things today on the crosstrainer as I did 2 programmes totalling 100 mins plus my weights. I enjoyed my chocolate but it doesn't alleviate my rage in the long term, exercise makes me feel much better.

I can't change certain things but I can change ME so I will focus on being the best me I can. I can find my fulfillment in myself and i will focus on finding that and reject chocolate as medication....

Hope everyone else is doing well. :) ;) :confused:

Hey Mel

How's you? Do you know what you are so angry about at the moment - hopefully speak to you next week - I am off to Scotland earlin in the morning but back on Tuesday so give me a call then - hope all is ok

Aideen

HA HA!!!! PMSL!! Not pervy! No photos I'm afraid as I don't have a digital camera! Are you going to Birmingham? I'll be there in all my toned glory.....

Unfortunately don't think I'm gonna make it :( Make sure you push into the front of ALL the pictures so I can see you! ;)

I have just calculated that I have 60lbs to go before i have a bmi of 23.4!! OMG!! This is distressing news. That is just over 4 stone. I'm having a miserable moment, HOW WILL IDO IT???? 4 stone will take me about 5-6 months to get rid of. I can't ss but maybe I should just to push it along. Am goint to have to work really hard at the gym....

Obvious answer is -- 1 day at a time but how depressing is that? Will really need to focus on Birmingham now as that is my first mini goal and getting out of the 14's and losing 2" off my waist. If I can do that I can manage but OMG!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Back to the gym today. Built up my treadmill run to 16 mins - 2km so I am pleased. Running is a real achievement for me as I thought I never could but I CAN!!! I did 65 mins on the cross trainer, 20 min weights and my run so not bad going. I'm going to try and run comfortably for 20mins by the end of next week going at 7.4km per hour - not fast but moving at a steady pace. It really is an achievement for me to do this. I am feeling proud - it is amazing to see what you can do if you try and if you push yourself a bit!:) :)

Weighed in on the gym scales which put me at 1.5lbs down so I am now 14 stone 5. Getting there slowly. The 60lbs still haunts me but I'm focussing on reaching the 13's first, slow and steady goals. 13 stone 13lbs will be a fabulous achievement for me so I think small goals are the way to go.

My motto is 'Never give up Hope' - if I get to 13 13 you will all hear me wooping around the country!!!

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. xx :) :)

Back to the gym today. Built up my treadmill run to 16 mins - 2km so I am pleased. Running is a real achievement for me as I thought I never could but I CAN!!! I did 65 mins on the cross trainer, 20 min weights and my run so not bad going. I'm going to try and run comfortably for 20mins by the end of next week going at 7.4km per hour - not fast but moving at a steady pace. It really is an achievement for me to do this. I am feeling proud - it is amazing to see what you can do if you try and if you push yourself a bit!:) :)

Weighed in on the gym scales which put me at 1.5lbs down so I am now 14 stone 5. Getting there slowly. The 60lbs still haunts me but I'm focussing on reaching the 13's first, slow and steady goals. 13 stone 13lbs will be a fabulous achievement for me so I think small goals are the way to go.

My motto is 'Never give up Hope' - if I get to 13 13 you will all hear me wooping around the country!!!

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. xx :) :)

Well done in getting into the 13's!!!

Your doing good and even I can get overwhelmed if I look at how much I still want to lose....

I prefer to think of it in smaller amounts and set mini goals where I can achieve results without feeling I am getting no where.

Congrats' and well done.

Love Mini xxx

Back