What foods keep you in ketosis

Bindi

Silver Member
Hi everyone,
Am relatively new to LT, this is day10 for me and had 8lb loss the first week. Only found this forum this evening and cant keep away from the computer reading all the inspiring stories and weight losses. Its such an inspiration. Just wondering what foods keep you in ketosis? Thanks :)

Your not thinking of eating are you?????? Welcome to the forum....fab loss hunni

Well done on your loss and welcome

No Im not thinking of eating yet (mind you would love slice of toast) but Im hearing of foods that can keep you in ketosis, jsut wondering what they are, I have a wedding coming up weekend after next and pharmacist says to come off the TFR for the day and eat low fat then go back on TFR next day, surely this will do major damage?

mushrooms for one in moderation apparantly! your loss though.

Anything low fat and low carb...ham, chicken, rice, green veg, maybe an omlette but only little amounts hun ..... nothing like bread pasta anything sugary or alcohol!!! oh and milk is bad too i personally wouldn't come off LT as it will make a difference to you loss! but its up to you ...could you not take a bar or soup with you?

Fish is on the menu day of wedding so was thinking 2 shakes and jsut have the fish and green veg for dinner and stick with water, what dya think?:confused:

Welcome hun im not even going to tempt you with foods that woud be silly..good luck xxx

Its really up to you...but you could take a soup x

i think if you're goin to do it then you're probably thinkin along the right lines bindi...but you may retrigger your taste buds and stuff x

bindi don't do it, anyone who is long term mega sucessful on lipo doesn't seem to cheat at all.This is an all or nothing diet and you are confusing the crap out of your body by eating and then not and so on...Bring a soup..pretend youre ill during the meal I have been to two weddings since starting the trim and I have feigned a tummy bug at both!!you can do it youve come this far.If you can't then fish, meat, eggs,cheese anything high protein,but,seriously think it through!!!

I've lost the weight slower, but only had three stones to lose so I chose to eat on occasions. If you eat you will not have the amazing losses everyone else has, but I was fine with that! I lost 2lbs most weeks. I often ate, cooked meats, green and white veg, salad, eggs, cheese. I'll be honest and say I have got good self control and I know that when some eat then they can't stop. If you can stick to it 100% you will see results quicker, but there are no rules with dieting. I was happy with 2lbs a week if you think that will get you down DONT DO IT HUN!!!!!!!!!

bindi don't do it, anyone who is long term mega sucessful on lipo doesn't seem to cheat at all.This is an all or nothing diet and you are confusing the crap out of your body by eating and then not and so on...Bring a soup..pretend youre ill during the meal I have been to two weddings since starting the trim and I have feigned a tummy bug at both!!you can do it youve come this far.If you can't then fish, meat, eggs,cheese anything high protein,but,seriously think it through!!!

wow clever bout the tumy bug thing!

me personally nibble a small amount of chicken once or twice on a whole,just coz the shakes are so borin thow,but think ive got a lot of self control apart fron that xxxredhedxxx

Hi,
Have decided Im gonna take my shakes with me to the wedding and stick on the tfr. Im struggling a bit the last couple of days cos the smell of food is driving me mad, Im not hungry just would like to have something, must miss the chewing action.
Right so I have a question - Ok wedding dilemma is over, going on hols 27th May, what are my best options round LT taking into account I would like to have a meal out every evening on hol and a few drinks

Thanks lillie,
Ok so I do a weeks refeed before I go on the 27th....what would you recommend for while Im on hols, I dont want to do too much damage, I have no probs bout having 2 shakes and a low fat meal, can I do this and have couple drinks in the evening...does this even make sense to do? I can go back on the total food replacement when I come back off hols for 3 wks (well 2 + refeed) before I have another weekend away which I will be eating and drinking at.

Thanks lillie,
Ok so I do a weeks refeed before I go on the 27th....what would you recommend for while Im on hols, I dont want to do too much damage, I have no probs bout having 2 shakes and a low fat meal, can I do this and have couple drinks in the evening...does this even make sense to do? I can go back on the total food replacement when I come back off hols for 3 wks (well 2 + refeed) before I have another weekend away which I will be eating and drinking at.

Hi Hun, As long as the low fat meal takes you out of ketosis that will be fine. Maybe add some fruit and low fat yogurt as a dessert (coz the sugar will knock you out). The problem for you then though is you may be hungry with just the shakes during the day. It may be worth switching to low fat throughout the day otherwise with alcohol you may get the nibbles. If you really want alcohol, you have to make sure you are not in ketosis, but you don't want to undo any good work you have already done, so low fat should make sure you don't put any fat on....although the scales may show an increase due to water retention, after the first week back on the diet that will come off.

Thanks Shazpaz for the advice, this lipotrim can get very confusing at times

Back