Wii EA Sports Active 30 Day Challenge

the fear has me shaking:eek:,
i had a rest day today, and i must admit i'm not happy that i have not worked out today. think i may jump on the wii tonight, and do a 30 min work out. before bed.
had a long day today, but have really missed the exercise.
we have been looking as well at costumes that we want to wear to newquay on new years eve as they have a fancy dress street party. and i'm gonna be really daring and depending if i can get back on the cambridge diet i want to be cat woman:eek:

I take it that will involve a skin tight catsuit then?;)

I take it that will involve a skin tight catsuit then?;)

with middrift showing, so i have till december to shif and lift everything on my body.
if not then i'm ..... actually i don't have a back up plan. heres a pic.

:eek: My word you're brave!

Did day 3 today, managed everything, and rather enjoyed it! In fact I looked at the custom workout bit and did a minutes boxing on the hard bag. Thought my arms were going to drop off!
Then I did 30 mins free step while I watched the end of the Tour de France,, now they ARE fit!

Day 4! Harder than yesterday but on a day I don't work that's not really a problem. Lots of lunge jumps (gnash !) and squat jumps plus the inline skating. I'm begining to like plain lunges! Passed my projected calories again.

:eek: My word you're brave!

Did day 3 today, managed everything, and rather enjoyed it! In fact I looked at the custom workout bit and did a minutes boxing on the hard bag. Thought my arms were going to drop off!
Then I did 30 mins free step while I watched the end of the Tour de France,, now they ARE fit!

brave or daring i don't know yet.

your doing fantastic, i'm gonna do a 30 minuite free step today, have spen t the weekend putting together a wardrobe,
but not sure if it was being on my feet all day, but my legs are killing me feel really achy.
but was doing a little sweating yesterday,
will be on the ea today as well will update when i go on and finish.

keep up the good work, love reading how you are doing it keeps me motivated
THANKS!!!

oh my gosh ladies,
diet and exercise defo works, i have just seen an oldpic of myself and a new pic, now in my head i looked the same, but in the pic wow my round face has a better shape and my rugby shoulders are looking more female like. you can defo tell that i don't look the same as i did last year and i'm very happy now that i have seen those old and new pics side by side.
i will post a pic of myself when i get to goal for a week. so probably in november ha haa.
but anyway the point of this post was to say if i was ever in any doubt about diet and exercise, i am not now.

That sounds fab Tryer...well done :D

I did a wii active session yesterday - it was more of an arms session and I have to admit to deleting one of the lunges sections from my workout - it really hurts my left knee (which I had an op on a couple of weeks ago)

Also, does anyone else find they have a problem with the motion detection when using the leg strap on exercises? Sometimes it doesn't detect that I've done a movement, and other times it thinks I'm moving when I'm still at the top of an exercise...I get this message saying 'stand still' or 'try again' when I've blatantly done it right. I was shouting at the screen yesterday. Frustrating!!!!!

Anyway-20+ mins done yesterday and 120ish cals...plus a trophy for 25 laps :)

Way to go Hellie! I've had trouble with the side lunges on day 2 , ok to the left but took ages to come back from the right, but it hasn't done it since. I think it's how you hold the doofer! I have trouble sometimes with the straps and getting the line between the nunchuk and doofer tangled. It's not long enough.
I found day 4 quite tolerable, but they do jump and lunge alot! I'm suprised my old knees are standing the strain. But my thighs are changing shape, and after the band work yesterday I could really feel between my shoulderblades! Lets hope it sorts my bingo wings out! Still deciding what to do, if anything tonight, it's supposed to be a rest day.

nice one helli,
take it easy on your knee, but defo keep it moving.
ok i hold my hands up i have deleted the odd lung or two.
i've decided that i'm gonna get a wireless nutchuck, the wires are doing my head in.
also got to make sure when turning it on not to tuch nutchchuck directional nosel.
and that it is pointing to the right (i think ) when i leg strap.

judi, do what feels right for you.

ps must also appologise for not updating yesterday.
did 25mins and 130 cals, did my own customised workout.

today i have not done anything at all.
except running around on my half day off , and waiting in waiting rooms in hospitals ahhhhh soooo frustrating.

I did Day 5 on monday tho it should have been a rest day. Supposedly for arms but lots of lunges and jumping! I've always been strong of arm (Yorkshire girl :p) so I changed the red banding for a blue one which is stronger and I feel I am really doing something now.
I got on the scales yesterday morning and looked to have stayed the same , in actual fact at class I'd lost 1/2lb, BUT I got my tape out and I've lost 1/2" of my bust and an INCH off my hips the last fortnight! I'm so sure that that must be down to the exercise!
Off work today so I'll fit a good session in this afternoon.

Sorry I have been AWOL! :rolleyes: Loads of things going on BUT I am on it tonight WITHOUT FAIL! I need to get back on it :D So will report back later x

I am a bit annoyed as I havent been able to keep up my exercise routine due to lack of time! As I missed my workout on Sunday I decided to do it on Monday. I started quite late at night, around 23.40 (it was the only time of the day I could find to do it) but by the time I finished it was past midnight and it counted as I did the workout on Tuesday! :-( And then today I will have a kids birthday party at my house so I will not be able to do it either! :-(

I feel so guilty when I cannot do it! And I had been doing it so well... :-(

Life just sometimes gets in the way Typa.
My day off today, and did Day 6. I'm really getting into this! The way I look at it, it's only 20 mins, I can cope with the shortness of breath and sweat for that long! I already feel fitter! But must do some yoga and muscle work on Wiifit later.

Just done 30 mins step.

Last edited:
typa, judi, is right, only 20 mins or so.
try first thing when you get up.
i do as much as possible in my lunch hour as i know with how work is at the moment sooooo busy i start early and finish late.
if ido a late work out then 20 mins it is. don't worry about how it is recorded as long as you are that's the main thing.

judi the band that you got is it a tighter band
(more resistance than the red one.) as was thinking of getting some arm weights to add resistance, but may get a tighter band- as well.

ok confession as well have forgot to use my pedometer as well so have decided to restart that on the first of august, and commit myself to use it everyday.

Woo hoo! Reporting in like I promised! :D

Re-set my 30 day challenge and done 25 mins. 120.9 calories suggested... 126 completed! :clap: go me!!! I am so pleased I done it and back on the active bandwagon :bliss:

Todays was a killer! lunges, jump lunges, squats with calf lifts and then holding squats! Sat here sweating and my legs are like jelly! lol

Just thought that sounded negative! On a positive note...no way could I have done what i've just done 2 weeks ago! so it definetly works!

Hannah

I found the hold squats a killer! I didnt think I could do the second set as you have to hold it for 40 seconds! They were the longest 40 seconds of my life!

Tryer - I know it is only 20 minutes or so.. a few days when work was ok I drove back home to do it during my lunch hour as I knew I wouldnt be able to do it in the evening.. but work has been mad lately.

Also in the morning my flatmate's 2 year old toddler is awake and watching tv. He wakes up at around 6.30 am everyday.. and I am not a morning person!!!!

I will try to do it again.. but I feel so guilty about missing a session!

Oh.. I just ordered yesterday from play.com my fitness coach Cardio one... I will try to combine this with EA Sports...

Also.. I bought the Wii Resorts and I have to say that the Sword Fighting game is also a very good workout. You can break a sweat and feel your muscles. Some of my friends from work (Yes.. I bought the Wii to the office and there were a few of us playing on it in the meeting room outside opening hours) said that they could not move their arms after we played. I didn't feel it as I feel my arm muscles much stronger after I started on the EA sports!!!

Back