Yoghurt in the galette?

redmel

Dreamer
Hi

Well the title says it all really...

Dh came back with no fat yoghurt instead of fromage frais, has anyone used this in the galettes with any success??

What else could I do with the oatbran instead?

UPDATE - I made the galette and I wasn't at all impressed!!
Will try the muffins but will most likely just add my daily allowance to a muller or to some natural yoghurt:)

Last edited:
ive had it before and is just tasted more yoghurty lol and was crispier

We often make ours with "fromage blanc" instead of fromage frais, and can't tell the difference. The other half has even experimented with putting a fruit yoghurt with pieces in, for a sweet variation, so anything goes really...

As for not liking the galette, I didn't the first time I tried it. In fact, my first taste almost made me cry! I couldn't believe I was going to have to eat a stodgy disgusting tasting thing each day on this diet - I'd not cooked it long enough and it was wet and stodgy!!

You can of course just spoon some into a yoghurt... but I think you'll be missing out on other delicious recipes you could try with it. Cakes, bread, etc. Let me know what you fancy and I'll find something in my "archives"!

Last edited:
My first was horrible too, I though I cant believe everyone is raving about this pile of cak. Anyway made another yesterday and it was gorgeous

I was indifferent to the galette the first time I had it - was OK, but nothing special (had already had the bran as porridge and in yogurt). Now, I look forward to it :eek: and probably will carry on having it as sweet/savoury breakfast once I'm past phase 4.

Yes, I am sad :D.

I thought mine was great too you will get it right for you after a few attempts

I just made the most amazing one, in it I put cinnamon and sweetener and on top I had fat free yog sweetened and mixed with cinnamon and mixed spice, OMG it was heavenly, supposing I ended this diet today I would still make one of those every day!

I was indifferent to the galette the first time I had it - was OK, but nothing special (had already had the bran as porridge and in yogurt). Now, I look forward to it :eek: and probably will carry on having it as sweet/savoury breakfast once I'm past phase 4.

Yes, I am sad :D.

<giggling> cos "past phase 4" is when you're no longer of this world...!!

Phase 4 is for LIFE!

Interesting idea Cathy... but, since going to the Strasbourg area to attend all the Christmas markets last year, I can't yet look cinammon in the face again... (EVERYTHING was cinammon flavoured... three whole days of eating, seemingly, CINAMMON...)

Thanks people I will try it a few different ways then...I didn't find it disgusting, just bland!

I had it this morning in natural yoghurt which was pretty yum:) I will experiment though, I do like cooking and trying new recipes, probably the reason I am in this position haha x

aaah but once you've made it, you can use it as "bread" - you can toast it! You can put smoked salmon, spoonful of fromage frais, and some fake caviar on it... (think "blini"!)... Use it as the base of a pizza on a PV day... or a lemon meringue pie... cut it in half and fill it as a sandwich

The world is your oyster!

Lurve the gallette and only ever made with yoghurt and nothing else - awesome :)

Back