2013 is my year :)... 40lbs to go!

Can't stop writing in this diary today. It's weirdly cathartic.

This year I'm not just losing weight, I'm going to take care of my appearance. At home I live in pyjamas, literally. When I'm out I wear stretchy leggings, jumpers, hoodys, baggy cardigans. My hair is nearly always scraped up because it's so long and thick it takes so long to look presentable.

Tomorrow I'm going to wear jeans, muffin top or not. I might even wear my hair down, I washed it tonight - if I plait it before bed maybe it will be more wavy and less frizzy tomorrow.

As soon as I have money I'm going to get my roots done.

I've also started a gratitude journal. I'm a very negetive person - but I'm always *trying* to be positive. It's like I'm not only a slim girl in a fat body, i'm a positive person in a negetive state LOL.

Anyway so I bought a scrapbook and each night before bed I write down something good about the day, no matter what it is. Apparently they're meant to be quite good, used in CBT etc. I tried a mood diary once but it was like 5 days of the week 'i feel crap' 1 day 'i feel ok' 1 day 'i feel fantastic' haha.

The scrap book idea is fantastic I am starting again on Monday after eating everything in sight over the Christmas break but I determined 2013 is my year so I might invest in a scrap book tomorrow hope everyone is doing great X

Well done chaz your doing great xx last time I was doing vlcd properly I really looked after myself after losing a stone or so i made effort with Hair, nails and even a sun bed once a week when I could afford it I looked pretty good. it was like being a different person I can't wait to feel like that again. Enjoy seeing your friends stay strong and see you back tomorrow xx

Well done chaz your doing great xx last time I was doing vlcd properly I really looked after myself after losing a stone or so i made effort with Hair, nails and even a sun bed once a week when I could afford it I looked pretty good. it was like being a different person I can't wait to feel like that again. Enjoy seeing your friends stay strong and see you back tomorrow xx

I must admit, I did this too.
I found exante helped my nails not break.
I always had shoulder length wispy, bum fluff, fine hair.... but I got it cut fairly short. I always had it tied up. During the weight less process, my hair dresser said to me, if you always have your hair tied up, there is no point in having it long. She cut it, and it did look so much more healthy!
I used to find that because I wasn't eating I had more time to look after my appearance, do I did :)
It gives you something to do instead of eating ;)
This is something I need to get back into too :eek:

You know how all the stuff tastes that you shouldn't choose, so do you really need to choose it again?
You know what you need to choose to keep on track :)
Make chatting the game play tomorrow, not eating.
Your friends will love to see YOU! !!!!
Enjoy :D

loved this x

Hellllllllo.
Well. I had a lovely day.
Had the meal all planned in my head - chicken breast was on the cards.
Last minute change of location to..... duh duh.... PIZZA HUT. Which every single thing on the menu was carb loaded.
I think I did well though, In the past I'd have munched a starter, whole pizza, then pudding!
I had cheesy garlic bread to start (i know, i know - it's my fav and everyone ordered it and i couldn't stop myself!) then for main I shared a pizza with OH. Only had three slices then just drunk to make sure I was too full to eat any more hah!
Oh well damage is done now, being good tonight - not going to have anything else. Had water and coke zero.

Back 100% tomorrow. Even after eating i still feel TOTALLY motivated. I know this is it, I can do it.

Oh and. Instead of my usual stretchy leggings and baggy hoody combo I wore jeans and a slim-fit style hoody.

And friend (who saw me NYE) was like 'have you lost more weight??'. So i was like 'nope, definitely not' and he was like 'are you sure?' and I was like 'yes definitely. Have weighed myself!'

So maybe it pays to take more care with the clothes your wearing. Or maybe just the last couple of days cut down the bloat etc. Or maybe my confidence of being in the zone and knowing that I'm DOING this was shining through?

who knows. but it was nice to hear and I wanna hear some more of it!!! lol

Ah, thats good you had a good time.
Tis a shame the location changed, but I think you did remarkably well in the circumstances !!
Its great that you are still so motivated....
And I love that you want to hear more compliments.
I definately want to here them again as well. They are the most addictive thing ever !!!
See ya tomorrow chick :D

Haven't had anything yet today - going to have a porridge I think, then off to my exam. Feel sick with nerves, want to cry. And it's a miserable day to boot.

Hi Sage, I'm back too, day 1 again today. Good luck with your exam honey :) x

Nerves can be good in such circumstances :)
They will keep you alert and wanting you get it through it :)
I would rather do an exam in the pouring rain, than glorious sunshine ;)
Good luck with your exam :)

Good luck with your exam hun xx

Bloody awful day. So much for trying to be positive this year. Spent the evening crying, now head is pounding, feel lightheaded.

Porridge for breakfast- forgot to take a bar, got home an hour ago.

Been starving all day, stomach rumbling etc. But somehow I managed to resist??? All I wanted was a nice big chinese... or curry. But nope! I can have one when I'm slim can't I!!!!!

I have a confession to make. I quit smoking 3 years ago. I still smoke when I'm with my smoker friends and have a drink, and then I go back to normal the next day. However over Christmas I spent a lot of time with them, drinking and smoking and it became a habit again.

So I'm trying to quit smoking as well as do this diet and it's like battling two demons at once!

In the olden days I'd get a massive takeaway, have a few drinks an smoke after a day like today.

Instead I'm gonna go get my jammies on, force myself a shake and try and get some snooze.

Hope everyone had a better day than me xxx

It's horrible when everything gets overwhelming and giving up two addictions is hard going but think of the long run how fit and healthy you will be x

Oh I'm sorry you had a poop day Hun. I'm not a smoker so couldn't give you any advice there but you done it before so you can do it again just like the weight thing! Sleep well babe xx

Back