Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Morning Tipperary, I agree log it as a sts, 200g is a tiny amount. This week will be better and hopefully you'll get going on the bike for sure!

I weighed again after been to rhe batbroom and it was only 100g in rhe diference

Well done on the STS, some weeks that just happens - you might have lost inches though.

And great that you're getting some benefits from the jiggler - i do like the look of Mary's one but can't use one with the blood thnners I'm on, apparently.

And here's hopng the OH gets your bike assembled soon!

I wonder why that is Susie, but obviously docs know best.

Morning all, got lots done this morning already and about to eat. I got ready made indian food from tesco yesterday and I put the nibbles and chicken tikka masala but only ate half the nibbles and some some sauce from the mains. Fell asleep on the couch and woke up when husband came home at 3:30am. Went to bed but hip was very sore and I couldn't sleep with it so got up at 5am to watch TV. I had a bread roll with cheese a t 6am, no idea why I felt like having that.
Two lots of washing done now and hanging out and I've 6 meals cooked for work lunches. Sausage stew with green beans and chicken curry.
About to it and it's the remaining food from last night.
Just woke husband with coffee as I'm trying to get him up to assemble the bike then I'm off to download the Ifit app as I get a free year with the bike.

Watch out Mary, I will be at your door soon🙋

It did Chilli, too much food and wine and lots of TV.🤭
Just awake now and will get up soon. I've weighed in and of course it's up again. So need a very strong focussed day. Lots of water and herbal tea andi think I will make a veg broth for lunch maybe with skinny noodles. Then have something proper for dinner like chicken and avocado.
The bike is finally assembled so need to give it a go. Assembled but not plugged in or started yet so hope it's working. I might have a jiggle first to warm up. I've sent off for my Ifit code for it and I've to register the warranty today.

Ok, popping back here to continue a conversation started on @ladyfelsham thread as didn't want to be hijacking it.
So the topic was CBT and I was wondering has anyone else had it or any other sort of therapy or hypnosis for weight loss or used any of Paul McKennas apps.
About 4 years ago I had gastric band hypnotherapy, I think it was 3 sessions altogether. The first session I was definitely in deep hypnosis, you are awake but can't move. The second and third session I wasn't as deep. Anyway, it didn't work. I didn't lose any weight as a result of it BUT I didn't do all the follow up work required by listening daily to the recording I was given. One of the reasons was the therapist was a little bit creepy and I didn't like listening to his voice 🙄. Anyway, I may have said before that while I lost no weight it did actually help with anxiety I was having at the time and I became pretty chilled out.
So Susie's mention of CBT made me go and look at Paul Mc Kenna's apps. A good few years ago I bought his I can make you sleep app and it did work. So I would be happy enough to purchase a weight loss one. He has 2, a gastric band hypnosis and a loss weight one. I've read through both and don't think the first one is for me. I'm okay now with eating smaller amounts and not snacking. I need something to get me through the weekends without going off plan and having too much wine. The reviews are up and down about it with bad reviews mostly based on technical issues.

I will get the bike and all that goes with it today sorted and maybe look at that for next weekend. Interested though in anyone that has tried any of these options.

So I hopped on and planned on 10 minutes. Well after 6 I was ready to collapse and stretched it to 7 minutes. Stopped and grabbed some water but didn't want to give up so got back on and did the last 3 minutes slowly. I went a total of 3kms, a whole 3kms and the lowest resistance. I could have walked it quicker than that

it's a whole different exercise isn't it Tipperary, I bought a bike last year (a normal one for outside) and was shocked at how little distance I could go. It's mostly sat inside now out of embarrassment, I wanted to use it for work but I need to stop twice on the way home and then arrive home ready to collapse. It's also only a 10-15 minute walk! I do intend to try again this year, take it out for little runs and build myself up. I can walk for miles but suffer from plantar pain, so to swap a few walking miles getting to and from work instead of walking, or taking the car would be helpful, but you and me both need to build it up, it doesn't happen overnight. Even if you split 2x 5 mins to begin with and work up to more that would do you good I'm sure.

I've not used any Paul Mckenna or any other types of apps like those, but you've got me interested in the sleep one. I've not had any counselling etc for weight loss but I have great belief in CBT for all things behavioural, I've seen it work for other things and it makes a lot of sense to me.

Hi Chilli, I actually like cycling and 2 summers ago I was cycling up to 20km a day and really enjoying it. I loved the wind in my hair and fresh air in my lungs. But it's been tough on my hip especially if I go over bumps, it jars it. One of the doctors I was with recommended an exercise bike so I finally thought I'd give it a go as I had some Xmas present money and wanted to get something useful.
The exercise bike is completely different, it has more resistance and no freewheeling. No picking up speed going down hills, every rotation of the pedals is effort. So hopefully it will help me lose some weight.

I will post tomorrow but have you tried these?
I have had a sleep problem since 2012 and can't wear headphones to bed. This works off bluetooth and when I wake up at night I just set it going and I fall straight back to sleep. I use Glenn Harrold sleep app.

Sleep Headphones,Bluetooth Sport Headband Wireless Music Sleeping Headphones with IPX6 Waterproof Speakers Long Time Play for Travel Office Workout Yoga (grey&black)​

I've seen them Mary,, I just leave my home on loud and don't bother with headphones but yep they look good.

I will post tomorrow but have you tried these?
I have had a sleep problem since 2012 and can't wear headphones to bed. This works off bluetooth and when I wake up at night I just set it going and I fall straight back to sleep. I use Glenn Harrold sleep app.

Sleep Headphones,Bluetooth Sport Headband Wireless Music Sleeping Headphones with IPX6 Waterproof Speakers Long Time Play for Travel Office Workout Yoga (grey&black)​

I have some of these and they are great.

I haven't tried any of the apps for weight loss @tipperary sorry I'm no help there

Tired now.a 15 minute jiggle and a 10 minute cycle this morning. Then a short walk with dog and grandson. Has a veg broth at about 11:30 with cracottes and chicken liver pate. Two sausages at 5:30 with onions and peppers, a bowl of tomato soup and half a mashed avocado with pistachio oil. I've also had 2 digestives and a square of dark chocolate with chilli. I've also had about 2.5l water. Not too bad a day and hoping for a not too bad weigh in tomorrow.
I've been preparing for a weight and inch loss next week. I've put two pairs of last summers trousers in the wash, they are a bit dusty from hanging so long. I p!an on them fitting me next week.😸

Tired now and cold, that's usually a good sign weight wise.

"You are beautiful inside and out, remember that"

I was trying out different apps today and found a 21 day change one. I thought I could set the changes but nope they have set changes so not what I wanted. Anyway, it gives you an affirmation every day and that's today's one.

Back