Tipperary wobbles into 2024

So annoyed, unofficial weigh in and I'm now 1.5kg heavier than weigh in Friday week. I know I go up at the weekend but thought this morning I would be back to Fridays weight. Anyway, just have to try harder.

Just had a 15 minute jiggle and 7 minutes on the bike. I felt the jiggle was important to warm up. And thought rather than push for 10 minutes on the bike to do 2 shorter sessions. So 7 minutes took me a measly 2km. I've decided to try to build up time on it rather than speed for now, I don't want my body to go into shock.

Aiming for lots of water today.

Today's affirmation

Showing emotions is healthy and okay

Take it slow. The last thing you want to do is hurt yourself and put yourself off your new bike

I agree, so decided to do short slow bits rather than go for a long session. It's grand that I can sit and watch TV but now my sitting room is a mess so need to figure something out. Any room moves will have to wait for the weekend.
Stay positive everyone, we can do this.

oh you've made me want an exercise bike now haha. I used to watch TV on my treadmill which I no longer have but I walk plenty anyway these days.

That's what I did too but I felt I should so the jiggle would warm up my muscles.

Planned on another short bike session but wrecked now. Got a call at lunchtime to go for my vaccine an hour later. Then spent over an hour standing in a queue so back and legs sore and I'm resting.
Will see how I feel in the morning.

I managed to go back asleep but realized I was FREEZING. It's not often I get cold so assuming it's a side effect of the vaccine. I put on a pair of wooly socks and a jumper and fell back asleep. Awake no and going to give my body a rest today, so no jiggler, no bike, no walk. Just warm tea and warm food. Ankles, leg and hip quite sore but due to the standing I'd say rather than a side effect.
Anyway, having tea now and will check in with everyone later.

Great that you are vaccinated. I believe a lot of people are getting symptoms after either the first or second shot depending on what one they get. Ul soon be back to yourself 💖💖💖 send hugs and fluffy slippers your way

I felt really crappy about 12 hours after mine for about 12-24 hours but then was fine, similar result both times but I still am grateful. Small price to pay. Hope you got home early and feel better, good nights sleep will work wonders if you can get it!

Morning and still not 100%.5 of us at work got it together and only 2 of us made it through yesterday. Was really bad at 6pm,I thought my head would explode. Lots of paracetamol and slept on and off all night.
I'd say I'm on track for a gain this week though. I was so miserable yesterday that I had 2 slices of toast and butter when I came home. Then at 6pm I had 2 more along with 2 scrambled eggs for dinner. Then 2 glasses of red wine. I've also just had a slice of toast with ham and butter now. No exercise at all yesterday and won't be doing any today either, still feeling very achey and sore

Last edited:
Will do, at least miracles aren't expected from me at work this week

a few days off won't stop you long term. That sounds quite excessive though, only one of our staff had to go home will effects, hopefully it will wear off today for all of you.

Back