Tipperary wobbles into 2024

How are you feeling this evening?

Hey Tipp just catching up - sorry you've had some adverse effects from the jab, hope it's passed now and you're enjoying a little vino!

The bike sounds great too, but a lot of hard work - but I'm sure you'll get loads of use out if it.

Thanks to whoever it was (Mary?) who recommended the bluetooth headphones, I've just bought myself a pair to play audio books as I sleep. Amazing really that they can even be washed.

Sounds like a gadget buy Susie🤭

Feeling fine now, arm was sore yesterday but gone by midday. Staff number 5 didn't make it to work yesterday so we really got wholloped with it. Another went yesterday for it so will be curious to see how they are today and then about 6 to go today so tomorrow could be a quiet day at work.

So (a sentence is more important when it starts with so 😁), I don't know if I was feeling sorry for myself, or feeling rebellious, or feeling bored with food but went totally off the rails yesterday. I put it down to the slice of toast I had at breakfast. Once I start with carbs I stay with carbs all day. One slice of toast for breakfast, then someone at work made scones so had one with butter and jam at 11. Had a pumpkin cottage pie for lunch but only ate half of it. That didn't stop me though eating a chocolate brownie that someone else at work had made. Came home and had chips and an egg and a slice of bread for dinner. Then I told my husband I was going to open his wine and drink it all...and I did, the whole bottle.🤭 And it felt great.
I know it wasn't the right thing to do and I know my body and weight could do without it but I felt I needed it for my sanity. Done now and moving on.
I have the rest of the cottage pie for today's lunch. I have some cracottes and cheese too. Will have it early at my desk if I can and then do the shopping at lunchtime, running low on essentials avocados, ham and eggs. I also need to get some dark chocolate, at least last week I moved from salted caramel to chilli chocolate, it has to be lower in sugar, tastes as good and fulfills and lusciousness cravings I get.
I'm not going to jiggle or cycle or even walk today and possibly tomorrow as my body is just saying no. Will be back on track on Saturday.

And so ends this week's confession😮

LOL on the wine, brilliant - and love the whole approach, sometimes carbs happen - so just enjoy them, as you did, guilt free and then ease back on plan x

we have to live during a weightloss journey, the long term is what matters not a few days here and there or even weeks.

Glad to hear you're feeling better

More confessions tomorrow, not up to them tonight. But our whole section at work now out with side effects from the vaccine. Realy weird, all have bad "pink eye" "effect, we can tell who has had it by the eyes. And not some weird mass hysteria thing as some sent privately and no one knew.
So those of us still able to work struggling with the caseload. That meant today i did a donut run, but only because i couldnt find sausage rolls for 24 people and it didn't seem appropriate to buy wine. Someone else ordered chocolate for 24 to be delivered. And by 3pm we were discussing what would be preferable, gin or whiskey. And just a reminder, we are all healthcare professionals😩👍.
Well thats sort of how my day went. Hopefully by Monday all will be well, I'm not expecting anything for tomorrows weigh in

We also spent most of the day following the news in New Zealand and being really concerned about family and friends there and particularly trying to contact one family. I hope all and particularly @ladyfelsham all family and friends are safe

Morning all, official weigh in has me 400g up. I'm surprised it isn't more to be honest but reckon it will be tomorrow. Going to finish of today and will get back on track tomorrow. Just not feeling it this week. That 400g includes the 200g from last week . Leaving my stats as they are and hopefully have a loss to report next week.

We also spent most of the day following the news in New Zealand and being really concerned about family and friends there and particularly trying to contact one family. I hope all and particularly @ladyfelsham all family and friends are safe

Thanks hun, all good with mine - did you get hold of the family you mentioned? No reports of anyone being hurt or anything so I;m sure they are fine - just a bit scary being told to pack a bag and wait for a siren! But Kiwis are a hardy lot - and used to it :).

Pleased your gain is a small one, you will whooshie it off in no time - and I really like your attitude - we put way too much guilt on ourselves, which is just so counterproductive, and who needs it! xxx

Last edited:
I don't think any of our lot at work had pink eyes, and only 1 person had to go home, I don't think anyone didn't come in the next day. Hope everyone feels better quickly.

You'll be back on track in no time, whether you share here what you ate here or not so long as you are being honest with yourself.

Thats good news Susie, a yes my colleague finally made contact with her sister ans they are safe.

Ywp, ive had an off week and i know it and moving on.

Morning all, well already he day has gone better than I planned. I finally got Ifit registered on my tablet and got the exercise bike and the tablet synced. And I did my first workout on it. I cycles from one beach to another through coconut groves in French Polynesia. I didn't intend on doing it, I was just trying to get them set up. But gave it a go and glad I did.i would have just done about 5 minutes at the easiest setting on my own and left it at that. But with the program it takes control and changes the settings on the bike and the coach really motivates you not to stop. So the actual cycle measured at about 7.5km and I measured at 5.4km so must have been going slower that should have been. I might nearly do the same one again, when I am prepared for it. And tie my hair up and wear a pair of shorts. I was definitely too hot in tracksuit bottoms.

Breakfast was a two egg omelette with goats cheese and chorizo. I had some rocket with it and half mashed avocado with pistachio oil. I've also had a digestive, about 4 mugs peppermint tea and 500ml water.

I said the exact same thing to my daughter🤭

I did the same cycle again this morning. I tried to keep up with the speed this time and managed a bit better and it measured at 5.5km this time. I really wasn't ready for the second cycle in the series as it involves uphill, I thought it would be better to achieve the first one properly.

It is motivational, I had tried the bike myself twice and given up really quick once I felt challenged. But with this I try to push more. I mean,I'm not doing the Tour De France but I am cycling 5km at at faster or harder speed than I would without it. However I also recognize that I won't get to do it every morning before work. Even a 5km cycle takes a good 20 mins for warm up, course and slow down and then crash out to recover for a good 10 minutes.

I should call this that aches and pains of Tipperary. Firstly, no aches and pains from the bike. I was expecting either or both sore leg muscles or saddle sore but have neither. The saddle is very big so is comfortable. And why my legs aren't actually sore I don't know, if it was a regular bike my experience is it would have been sore.
Hip still uncomfortable and not easy to sleep on it, glucosamine doesn't seem to be making a difference and neither is Devil's Claw as recommended by @ladyfelsham .
I've also been having aches in my hands on and off, mostly in the joints when overworked. Anyway, was cooking yesterday and doing lots of chopping. Anyway, it pulled or twinged something and now the bottom knuckle on index finger is swollen. Yes, the one I'm typing with now and the one I need all day for mouse clicking.
I'm going to see if I have some Nurofean gel or something for it.

Oh you poor thing, maybe you were overdoing it in the garden/polytunnel earlier?

I'm at that stage now where things just happen. My conversation is always peppered with ouches and ows as a new pain suddenly arrives!

Back