3 stone gone. Starting a re-feed before festivities

Ha you're right. If I really believed I could have the same results on a "conventional" diet I'd have eaten something by now.
I know when I did Cambridge my usual losses were 3-4lbs but were anything from 2-7lbs a week. Fingers crossed for a decent result next week!

I'm happy with anything over 3lb these days :)

They say 3.5lbs is average on a VLCD but everyone is different x

Yeah, I guess 3.5lbs makes for a stone a month and I'd settle for that. I'm having good losses (for me) in the last 10 days and I'm enjoying it while it lasts because I have no doubt I'll go back to crappy losses at some point!

I've tried to up my water to 3.5-4litres a day in the hope that it makes a difference to my losses this week. Fingers crossed!

Hopefully you will see a decent loss this week. I've had weeks that have been very slow but have had a couple of decent ones (for me) the last 2 weeks and am in a positive mood at the mo :).

4lbs off this week so a bit better than it has been but I'm still a bit p!ssed off with how slowly it's coming off :rolleyes:
The 1st 2 weeks I had fantastic losses but every week since has been (relatively slow) meaning I've "only" lost 11lbs in 4 weeks.
That's 11lbs I wouldn't have lost otherwise, but I know people that are on more conventional diets and getting the same losses. I think I'm starting to feel a bit demotivated :sigh:

You're where I was to be honest and I'll include my signature on this post so that you can see. I lost 7lbs less than you in the first 6 weeks and like you I was getting demotivated, but I knew that I had to keep going, and once I hit the 3 stone mark I absolutely knew that I would not have lost that on any 'conventional' diet.

You might hear that people lose that on WW but that's probably the odd week. I bet they don't lose 4lbs every week on WW. Look at the bigger picture - not at individual weeks (I know it's easier said than done as I've been there!). You've lost 2 stone, yes 2 STONE, in only 6 weeeks! That's fab!! And over 10% of your body weight. Now go off and find something that weighs 28lbs and carry it around for a bit and realise that you were carrying that around permanently just 6 weeks ago. By week 10 you may may have lost another stone!

All we can do in the end is continue because the alternative is that we will do another diet and not lose so much, or fail, and none of us want that.

You go girl, and don't look at what other people lose, look at what you've lost, because we're all different and we all lose weight at different speeds. This is about you, not them xx

And I can tell you that once you get 3 stone off you feel so much better. OK, so not a skinny mini as we're both a bit away from that, but there is a marked difference from when you started, and it feels good! :)

-4lbs off this week :) 9lbs to go to get 3 stone off. Excited as it seems do-able by Christmas :D

Well done fatfighter. 3 stone lighter by Xmas will be fab and you'll feel so much better.

What's annoying me is that I'm less than a stone heavier than I was pre-pregnancy and I was a 16 then, but very definitely a 20 at the min. Seems having 2 babies in 12 months has really affected my body shape :rolleyes:

I think it comes off different places at different times so you might find that when you get that additional stone off it comes off the places that will allow you to get into your size 16 stuff. I'm just over 14 stone at the mo tho and I'm definitely not in size 16 yet. I'm in an 18. I can get most of my 16s on now but too tight to wear. Waist definitely fits ok but boobs, tum and bum prevent them fitting.

Don't forget to do a mini WI on Wed to update the Nov challenge. You're really close to your target!

I am defo a dif shape after having my son in april, my butt, hips and lower stomach are much bigger than the rest of me! Can fit into size 16/18 on top and 20/22 on bottom. Still wearing jeans from when i was 3 1/2 stone heavier! Ok they are a bit big but not hanging off me which is just plain weird!!

It's funny isn't it?
Suze it's definitely my bum and hips too. My hips currently look disproportionately huge actually. My shape is so weird :/
Will WI for the challenge, I think I might be just shy but as long as it's -14 I'll be happy x

I am defo shy.. and also sabotaged myself by cheating last night after only losing 1lb at my weekly wi after being 100% think i was like well if i am having a rubbish loss then i want to eat! Crazy eh as prob set myself back evrn further, n for the first time since i started out of ketosis. I do tests. Was 100% today so back to the start i am having a break fri so could of prob loosened my resolve a bit too, as in well i am nearly there.. grr

Back