38lbs to go diary!

ElmerFudd said:
I hope you are right but as you can see from above post I will be baking again next week!!!!!

Hoping for a much better result next week as I'm never going to lose my 20lbs by my holiday. Still got 19 to go!

:wavey: x

Oh no :( this is what you get for being so talented :)
I know I have 36 to go eeeeekkk

Hey Elmer
Its still going in the right direction! A TS week plus getting the TOTM out of the way and I'm sure you'll be happier with next weeks result! Don't forget it takes 3500 cals to either burn or gain a pound of fat - I'm sure that raspberry cupcake wasn't that naughty!
Keep going and you'll get there, and it will be worth it!
LED x

Thanks for support LED. I am sure that next week will be better. Was 100% yesterday so good so far! Didn't realise it took so many calories to gain a pound....my god I must have eaten millions of calories before LOL! :)

Oh no :( this is what you get for being so talented :)
I know I have 36 to go eeeeekkk

I know :) maybe should think off setting up a little business making them. Just moved into a house that a cake maker/decorator used to own and it has a 22" x 17" kitchen so plenty of room to bake, bake, bake. The only problem would be that I would have to kiss my diet goodbye as I would be tasting all day LOL!!!

If we stay focused we can do it :) :)

ElmerFudd said:
I know :) maybe should think off setting up a little business making them. Just moved into a house that a cake maker/decorator used to own and it has a 22" x 17" kitchen so plenty of room to bake, bake, bake. The only problem would be that I would have to kiss my diet goodbye as I would be tasting all day LOL!!!

If we stay focused we can do it :) :)

Wow sounds lovely my kitchen is old and cr*ppy :(
Yes that is true would be hard wouldn't it :S

Love the sound of your kitchen too! I totally adore baking and can be restrained when on plan. I love the smells and pleasure it brings but then I get acccused of 'feeding' people hehehe! Keep up the stirling work sugar as you are doing so well. Hope totm isn't a bad one for you too xxx

Love the sound of your kitchen too! I totally adore baking and can be restrained when on plan. I love the smells and pleasure it brings but then I get acccused of 'feeding' people hehehe! Keep up the stirling work sugar as you are doing so well. Hope totm isn't a bad one for you too xxx

I love baking too, it's something I used to go with my mum, then I went to catering college (although didn't make a career of it) and now I love baking with DS. He is only 4 but has been cooking with me since he was about 2. He chops, whisks and mixes although I do all the hot stuff! I think I have a budding Jamie Oliver on my hands.

The kitchen is one of the main reasons we bought this house! I love it and spend most of my time in it dancing round to my radio! :)

Well a good day so far....still 100% although a good couple of hours before bedtime. Just cooking DH's meal and then putting DS to bed (allowed to stay up late as it's the weekend). Then we are going to watch a film. We have either King's Speech (my choice) or Drive Angry (his choice) to watch. Bet it's Drive Angry as he usually gets his way and I will end up watching mine really early tomorrow morning while everyone else has a lie in!!!.

Not done much today as piddling down with rain. DH set up my WII at last and him and DS spent the afternoon playing Mario Carts. Going to try to get my WII Fit on tomorrow for some more variety in my exercise and to help the weight loss along. Did another 17 minutes on my power plate today and yesterday went for another bike ride with DS. Out for about 40 minutes. Half the route is uphill so DS kept stopping every 2 minutes and the other half was downhill which was fun although not sure I burnt any calories LOL!

Things are going well so far.....let's hope it continues!

:wavey:

Hey hun just read through your diary, and just wanted to say you are doing great and those cakes sound delicious i to would of been very tempted! Keep it up and will be following your weight loss x x

Hey hun just read through your diary, and just wanted to say you are doing great and those cakes sound delicious i to would of been very tempted! Keep it up and will be following your weight loss x x

Thanks k8te, glad someone is enjoying reading my diary :)

Cakes are delicious...got to make carrot cake cupcakes on Tuesday for DS's nursery. Going to do my very best not to taste or lick bowl out!!

Hey Elmer
Hope its going well and you've managed to resist the cakes (which sound yummy!)
LED x

Not been around for a while as too busy. On Sunday my best mate and family decided to pop up for the day so had to cook a roast. Decided to join them so whilst they are eating Roast chicken, roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli, green beans, stuffing, yorkshire puds and gravy I had 2 slices chicken (no skin), 3 pieces of broccoli and about a dozen green beans (and a glass of Coke Zero). Felt a little deprived but was actually really full which was good. My best mate started SW the same week I started this and has given up already and lost nothing. On her way home she text me asking the name of this diet so maybe recruited another loser!

Yesterday was spent shopping in morning (last chance to go into town on my own before DS is on holidays! In afternoon we played on my Wii Fit for the first time in year. Actually it said welcome back after 296 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy to see that I weigh 4lbs less than last time I used it which was a couple of weeks after last years holiday which I lost 2 stone for!.

Spent 45 minutes on WII fit although DS did some of it. Also did 17 minutes on Powerplate before DS got out of bed. Got to go shopping in a minute for ingredients for the cupcakes we have to make this afternoon (I will not taste!!!!!!!!!) Also buying food in for in laws staying! Not sure how many people will descend on us after funeral on Thursday but think it will be at least 8 if not 11! Going to buy a load of sausages so can make sausage, mash and beans if everyone needs feeding. Was going to make pork in cider in my slow cooker but it don't be big enough and if no-one wants to stay for dinner I will have tons left. Decided sausages are best bet as can freeze them if they aren't wanted.

Tomorrow will be finishing cleaning before in laws arrive so that should burn a few calories. Bit worried about FIL's reaction to my diet as he is bound to have 'an opinion' and to go on and on and on about it!!!

Hey Elmer,
You're doing great! Good luck with the in-laws, always a challenge! If they're like mine they'd have an opinion on exante but also have an opinion on being overweight, so you can't win either way! At least with exante you're doing what you want to do and you'll get to reap the rewards (and leave them with nothing to say once you're slim and back on a delicious, varied diet!)
Good luck with the cupcakes too - think how proud of yourself you'll feel when you havent eaten them!
LED x

Ah I know what you mean about the in-laws situation. Tricky one. Hope it doesn't go too badly and you find some way to shut him up if it does!

Yipee success.....made 33 carrot cake cupcakes, iced them and didn't eat, lick, sniff them!!!!!!!!!!! So happy with myself and the fact that I can avoid temptation if I really really try.

Just about to drop DS off at nursery and then will be cleaning, cleaning, cleaning ready for in laws arrival this afternoon! Making them a chicken pie for tonight but I will stick to my lovely veg soup :)

If there are any sarky comments I will just ignore them and rise about it. I am the bigger person!!!!!!!! They have decided to stay 'a few days' which could mean anything up to a week or more!! Luckily we are going to Great Yarmouth on Friday evening and won't be back until Sunday evening.

Will report back later on any comments!!!

:wavey:

PS thanks everyone for all your words of encouragement.....greatly appreciated x

Morning all!!! Amazingly no sarky comments from FIL?!?!?!?

Got a funeral to go to today (DH's aunt) so not looking forward to it. Just getting DS ready for nursery (last day) and then dropping off at my cousins for the afternoon. May have a houseful tonight with relatives so got loads of sausages in.......may have to feed up to 12 people (excluding myself of course). Will be seeing my sister in law today. Apparantly she is on a skimmed milk diet!?!?!?!? Never heard of it.

Wish me luck for today....dreading it! :(

ElmerFudd said:
Morning all!!! Amazingly no sarky comments from FIL?!?!?!?

Got a funeral to go to today (DH's aunt) so not looking forward to it. Just getting DS ready for nursery (last day) and then dropping off at my cousins for the afternoon. May have a houseful tonight with relatives so got loads of sausages in.......may have to feed up to 12 people (excluding myself of course). Will be seeing my sister in law today. Apparantly she is on a skimmed milk diet!?!?!?!? Never heard of it.

Wish me luck for today....dreading it! :(

Skimmed milk diet? Sounds mental! Hope you are doing ok with the funeral and sausages x

Hey Elmer
Hope yesterday went OK?
Well done on your cupcake success - now you've proved to yourself that you can do it, should be no problem next time!
LED x

Morning all, WI day today.........Lost 4lbs so really happy with that!!!

Yesterday went ok, missed the burial as we got lost following FIL who things he knows his way around here but hasn't lived here for 40 years!!! DH was getting very stressed with him!!

Cooked sausages, mash, chips, beans and peas for 7 people and then sat with them at the table whilst they ate and not a morsel passed my lips (daren't as due to WI today). SIL is going to start Exante after her op in August. The hospital have told her to drink nothing but 4 pints of skimmed milk a day, plus water and a multivitamin for 3 weeks before her op so get rid of the fat around her liver. Not sure what she weighs but must be between 25-30 stone. She lost about 8 stone a few years ago but put that back on plus more. She has lost about 3 stone recently as she was ill ,hence operation. This diet should see her lose nearly 2 stone in 3 weeks apparently.

Anyway another day with in laws!!!! Leaving about 4pm for Great Yarmouth and won't be back until Sunday night. Not sure how the dieting will go whilst away as I have promised DH that we can go out for at least one meal! Will try my best to be very good as only another 4.5 weeks until Egypt and really want to lose another stone.

Back