8 Weeks

I Shoot Nikons

Day 1/56

Today is my first day on the Newcastle University Diabetic Diet. I was going to start next monday, but in my experience next monday never comes. So, today it is. I can already tell that it's going to be a bloody hard slog, so I'm starting this diary to hold myself to account and hopefully give me the motivation I need to see it through to completion.

The diet is basically 3 meal replacement shakes and one or two portions of non-starchy vegetables per day, equating to around 600-800 kilocalories daily.

Starting Weight: 144kg (317.5lbs)

Waist: 54"

Go for it mate, cool idea puttibg your startibg waiste size too.

Day 2/56

Last night was pretty awful, especially when the rest of my family were tucking into their tea. That really isn't fun.

Today has been surprisingly good so far . . . Setting myself up for a fall?

What do you want to lose at the end of the 56days?

Day 5/56

My strange tuna-based craving has thankfully passed. I've had a couple of moments where I've been close to crumbling, but they have passed quickly enough. Pseudo-stir fry for supper this evening.

5 days on that regime - you're doing good!

I know what you mean about nearly crumbling... sometimes the craving just surfaces and the mind turns to those comfort foods we all crave. It happens to me every night!

Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing you shed that 2 stone

Day 6/56

Still going strong despite ZERO support from my family. My BG reading this morning was 8.8 which is fairly disappointing, but I can't do as much exercise as is required with the leg so I can't really expect miracles. I'm just going to have to start strength training again and a bit of static boxing I think.

Weigh in day tomorrow.

Tonight isn't great. Feeling pretty down that I'm stuck in this blooming house all the time. Little things like a walk in the woods shouldn't be too much to ask for. :(

Blood glucose is still not great. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to use this just to lose weight and that the BG won't start dropping until I can use my leg again.

Back