Alessandra's diary

Why did you think you were being horrible??? You probably dont know how much I appreciate your help!

I will try your technique to eat less. Today I went shopping and was freaking out, I thought I would feel hungry and wouldnt be able to eat when I was out. I ended up having 185grs of mixed seafood and 225grs of prawns and felt ok. That is not much, is it?

It is almost as I had a fobia of being hungry... Something to think about.

Jo, on weekends we all eat together. That is why it is important for the kids to see me eating healthly. My daughter pushed a grape inside my mouth the other day saying "eat it mummy, it is good for you". I had to close my mouth and spit it out in the kitchen...:(

I will try to exercise more. I already got my bike out today! :)

Thu, 10/11

So, this is what I had

Breakfast - Omelet with 2 eggs, 1 tbsp of quark and 50grs of smoked salmon

Lunch - 185grs of sainsburys seafood mix and 225grs of prawns

Snack - 2 portions of jelly

Dinner 1 salmon steak
250grs extra lean mince ( boiled than fried)
150grs quark
1+1/2 eggs
2 p jelly

4 coffees
10 glasses of water

I got really upset today. I went to use the gift voucher I got for my birthday from my friends. I didnt know how much I had to spend but, considering I had 7 names on the card I just assumed I had at least £70. When I got to the shop I found out I had a £30 gift voucher! I felt so so bad, so unloved! It sounds silly but it felt like they couldnt care less. Funny cause I felt bad and immedially felt like having a chocolate (I DIDNT). That just proves how I really think of chocolate and sweet as comfort food.

Last edited:

Last edited:
fri 11/11 pp 60.4kg

break
quiches 1 1\2 eggs, quark, mince
2 jelly

lunch
3 chicken breast fillets
100 greek yog

Snack 1 egg 50gr smoked salmon

Dinner roast chicken, 200 yogurt

Before bed 200grs yog + oatbran

Starving right now!

4 coffees
10 waters
1 tea

Last edited:
I was so so hoping today would be the day I would be less than 60.... To my huge disappointment, I weigh 60.1kgs this morning. That means I lost half a pound in two weeks :(. I am trying really hard not to think of that and just focus on the 7 and 1/2 pounds I lost so far.
In an hour I am going to have my thyroid scanned (had the blood test on wednesday). Part of me wants it to be normal but the other part of me is desperate to find a reason for such slow weight loss. Oh well, the only thing I can do is carry on. Another 12.5 pounds go go before I can have a piece of fruit...

I know it's hard (I'm struggling to stay positive myself at min) but try not to focus on the small amount you've lost - instead be proud that you are going down, not up, not stagnating - down! And definitely take everything Joanne says on board as she is a font of wisdom. Maybe the cycle you've come with is not the quickest for losing weight - you'll have to decide whether to change or keep veg for weekends. (Fully empathise - children's attitudes to food are SO important). If I were you, I would actually but 7 bags of sugar and pile it up in the kitchen - you, Alessandra, have lost all that weight. It's real and it's gone. Well done you.

CaledoniaDreaming said:
I know it's hard (I'm struggling to stay positive myself at min) but try not to focus on the small amount you've lost - instead be proud that you are going down, not up, not stagnating - down! And definitely take everything Joanne says on board as she is a font of wisdom. Maybe the cycle you've come with is not the quickest for losing weight - you'll have to decide whether to change or keep veg for weekends. (Fully empathise - children's attitudes to food are SO important). If I were you, I would actually but 7 bags of sugar and pile it up in the kitchen - you, Alessandra, have lost all that weight. It's real and it's gone. Well done you.

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I am trying to focus on the overall loss and on the fact I haven't weighed 60kgs since October 2009. I feel really good and am trying not to think of how long I still have to go.
I am not going to change the cycle because I don't think that is what is making weight loss slow (just have a look at my signature, it happened before when I was doing 1/1). I think it has to do with my mestrual cycle. Let's see after a month.

I am testing my thyroid at the moment. If it turns out that there is nothing wrong, than I think I will just have to learn to eat very little forever. If it turns out I have an under active thyroid than I might sue the NHS...

Our monthly cycles hugely effect water retention etc - so glad you are staying positive.

... Another 12.5 pounds go go before I can have a piece of fruit...

Alessandra, many times many people told you 120 is too low 'for you' .. You've never been in that weight naturally before, it will be very very hard to get there, even if you do it will be hard to maintain..
The amounts you are eating are too much, it isn't a problem in cruise but when it comes to stabilizing I think you will struggle with an unrealistic goal weight..
and you will be even more disapointed and depressed than pre-dukan..
Please reconsider your goal weight.

Elida, im going to try to be even more precise on my diaries because it doesnt seem too much food to me (honestly).

About my goal, I am going to put that on hold until I get my thyroid results. Right now my goal is 58kgs.

I will try to write down exactly what I eat!

Woke up starving today and missing muffins! I didn't have any yogurt left and only 3 eggs. I doubled the amount of quark and add some silken tofu. They taste great! I know I shouldn't be having any tolerated but I really wanted muffins today :)

Breakfast - 6 muffins ( 1 and 1/2 eggs, 3 tbsp skimmed milk, 2 tblsp oat bran, 1 tbsp wheat, some baking powder, 3 tbsp quark, some tofu (not much), cinnamon, sweetener.

2 glasses of water and a big mug of watery coffee ( one nespresso capsule with a lot of water)

Hi Alessandra, I know how disappointing it is because I also have a problem with stagnation. I have stagnated for well over a month now.:( I have been considering all sorts of options but was just told that it could be my calorie intake.

Dukan is meant to be a diet where calories aren't counted but what I have been told with some people the closer they get to an ideal BMI, calories are very important in order to lose weight. So even eating too much protein in calories could be converted to fat.

So I am going to really watch and count my calorie intake to see if it makes a difference.

I use: FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal to see what my total calories are for the day. That would include all the ingredient for example to make muffins etc.. Good luck!

I didn't think I was eating too much but both jo and Elida said that so I am going to start counting calories. How many do you have a day?
I will try for a while, I am very scared of feeling hungry and ruining everything.

I am the same, I have a big appetite as well as being a grazer and a binger!! I have it all!

I will from now on try to stick to around 1400 to 1500 calories and see if it makes a difference.

Perhaps this isn't necessary for you but perhaps just consider eating less beef. For example 500 grams of extra lean minced beef (5%) is 1,250 calories!

Alessandra, I said you are eating too much to stabilise in an unrealistic weight. What I am suggesting is not you eating less or count calories, I just want you to make sure your goal weight is a weight you can stabilise comfortably.

if your goal is too little it will take loads of effort to stabilise, and with the additional carbs you will be forced to eat much less than you are used to.

I thought what I meant is clear, but you are focusing on 'eating too much' part of all my post..

I really should stop posting on your topics..

Elida, i understood you! There why i told you my goal at the moment is 58 kgs!

What I don't understand is why you said you should stop replying to my posts! I have always read what you have to say with interest, always respected your opinion! What made you think otherwise?

I know people say 120 is too low but right now I'm focusing on 58 which is what dr dukan said. I think (as I said) until my tyroid is fully tested I will know what my true weight is.

My apologies, I just thought whatever I am trying to say is coming out wrong..

I'd love to spend an evening debating all this with you Alessandra... over a bottle of diet coke and a batch of muffins of course. I also think your target weight is too low, and I'm glad you're knocking that on the head for now (if my memory serves me well that weight was a weight you reached on diet pills prior to having children?), so obviously not a comfortable weight for you. Your BMI right now is perfect. You don't see yourself that way, I know...

I'll be honest with you - I fear your reaction when your thyroid results are totally normal, I honestly do. While I really don't want to be wishing you thyroid ills (I have a friend with problems and it really is a pain!), I hope you're not counting on it being a reason for your "slow loss".

I prefer seeing that you've lost a pound a week since you started.

Like Elida, I don't think counting calories is the answer - you're far too obsessive a character, as indeed am I. Besides, that is not the Dukan way. No, it's more a question of filling your plate with a normal quantity of food.

Back