Alessandra's diary

It is, Atropos. That's why I said "ideally". Lets see what happens!

Alessandra - chasing a weight to which you fell while taking a drug which induces a dangerous illness (hyperthyroidism) is not ideal at all.

why do you think I cant get there naturally? Sorry Atropos, I am not following you! What do you mean?

Hey, I read you lost 5 pounds until now on another post, congrats!!
5 pounds in almost 5 weeks is perfectly normal, I think you are doing really good:)
Elida, I am doing well if I dont compare myself to you!!! You started 2 weeks before me and lost 14kgs!!! How did you do it? Do you exercise a lot? Do you have a diary I can have a look at?
Well done YOU! :)

She says and I agree, if you only got there with some kind of medicine before, it is not natural and expecting to get there is a bit unrealistic..
I lost weight on a pill before and reached 61 kgs, but I didn't mention it on Dukan calculation because I've never been in that weight naturally.. Maybe you should recalculate?

I started 2 months before you, not two weeks:) and I had a lot more to lose than you, so don't compare yourself to anyone.. There are people losing 5 pounds a week, it doesn't mean they are doing better than me or you, it is just every case is different..
Also, you were eating healthy before starting the diet if I remember correctly, I was living on carbs only and that might be a factor..
I don't exercise except walking my dogs, I am pretty sure it doesn't count as the walk Dr. Dukan prescribes. I was just asking curvy how she finds the energy to do all this exercise..

I lost 2-3 pounds every week in the beginning and past 4 weeks it averages less than 1 pound.. 0.3-0.4 kg a week.

You are doing really good, don't worry.. :)

Last edited:
You're right, I was eating really healthily before and was basically following sw red days (which I think it is similar to conso) and yes, I shouldn't be comparing myself to others.

I can see your point now, ladies. I will just take a kilo at a time. :)

Yesterday 61.1 and today back to 61.8kg... Furious....

breakfast
2eggs, 20grs Philly light, 100gr smoked salmon
Lunch
1/2pepper, cherry tomatoes, 6 muffins
Dinner
Liver and chicken at nando's, salad
200grs yogurt
Jelly

5 gl water
4 coffees
1d coke
1green tea

Bkf
Muffins

Lunch
Salmon, cherry tomatoes,broccoli
Jellyx2

Dinner
Chicken soup
Jelly x2
Greek yog + rhubarb
jelly

Didn't feel very hungry today :)

I ate a lot of jelly but it was either that or yogurt!

I don't think you should weigh every day Alessandra if a .7kg gain in one day makes you 'furious'...
It's been said many times that a gain like that in the space of a day can be put down to a variety of physiological changes, water retention etc. Perhaps once or twice a week would be healthier? x

Hahaha wkstepmum, i tried, impossible!

But I'm down to 60.9 today and very happy!

Xxx

60.9kgs today, very happy! Can't wait to loose another kilo and have my weight starting with number 5!!!

Bkf
2 eggs omelet with smoked salmon and quark

Lunch
Chicken soup, jelly

Snack
Muffins

Dinner
Chicken soup, 1/2 meatloaf, jelly

3 cofffee
2d coke
6 water

Today I cheated for the first time and I feel soooo bad that it was not worth it at all.

I had to make some little cakes for my husband to take to the office tomorrow. They were ready when I was starving and exhausted. I gave in big time and had three. I feel sad because I am an "all or nothing" kind of person so I hope that won't take the whole diet down the hill.

:(

Alessandra - I'm so glad you posted. I hope that was the end of it, and that you managed to limit the damage to those three little cakes.

Don't punish yourself - continue with your rhythm. Stay off the scales if you can (ok you won't be able to but DON'T freak out when you see an inevitable increase on the scales). Drink plenty of water. Don't eat any less than you would have. You can't compensate with quantity.

Simply draw a line in the sand and move on.

Take care - I'm off on holiday now for a week (scarey for me as I'll be out of food routine!). I know you're obsessive like me, but please don't lose the plot over this. Keep planning planning your meals, and have plenty of Dukan friendly food always ready to eat. Next time temptation smiles at you, wink back and grab a boiled egg!

Jo, thank you! That was exactly what I needed! Sometimes I have to remind myself I am human!

I hope you have a fantastic holiday!

xxx

I'm back.....

Wed 9/11 61.8kg (how?)

Breakfast
2 eggs
50grs smoked salmon

Snack 2portions jelly

Lunch
250grs lean meat
200grs extra lean mince

Snack jelly

Dinner
400grs chicken livers
1 salmon steak
300grs Greek yog + jelly

So far
3 coffees
1 green tea
2 1/2 litres of water

Last edited:
Just for the records, I have a different pv/pp pattern and it is working really well for me. I do 4pp days then 4pv then 3pp then 3pv. It is great because like that it is always pv on weekends. It is vital in, my opinion, for my children to see me eating veggies. At least during the week I can hide what I eat from them.

You say it's working really well for you, yet you're asking on the other part of the forum why you're gaining weight?

Where is your oatbran in your menu? I am still amazed at the quantities you eat. When you see your doctor about your thyroid etc etc, perhaps mention your healthy appetite too? I can't imagine eating a whole pound of meat in one sitting. Are you really that HUNGRY?

You're eating lots of jelly now, I see... is that one sachet made up per day? more? What are you drinking? Exercise?

I hear you re veggies at the weekend... but if the rhythm isn't working for you, causing bloating (transit ok?) etc., then perhaps it's time to rethink and move to his recommended alternating days.

On veg days, do you eat LOADS of veg?

Jo, you made really good points there. You are so good at this you should be getting paid!

You say it's working really well for you, yet you're asking on the other part of the forum why you're gaining weight?

You are right, when I said it was working well for me I was thinking about my life style alone, not about the weight loss. My kids health is way more important than my weight so I guess I was focusing on that. Maybe I will wait a month of this routine to see if it changes anything, do you agree?

Where is your oatbran in your menu? I am still amazed at the quantities you eat. When you see your doctor about your thyroid etc etc, perhaps mention your healthy appetite too? I can't imagine eating a whole pound of meat in one sitting. Are you really that HUNGRY?

I didnt have any oatbran yesterday (fist time, i promise) because I ran out of it in the morning. I did eventually go to the shops to get some more but because I was so bloated the day before I thought "let me see if not having the oatbran will help". I dont know if that made a big difference but I am fine now, no bloating and back to the weight I was 10 days ago.

About my appetite, it is interesting you should say that. This diet made me find out something about myself: I cant stand feeling hungry! That seems stupid but it was a great discovery for me. When I did ww I used to have buckets of soup because the points werent enought. I would occasionally binge on ww (always with ww food so I wouldnt feel so guilty) and I used to think it was because I wasnt strong enough. Now I know that consciously or uncounsciously I hate to feel hungry and that is when the overeating occurs.
Am I really that hungry? EXELLENT question. I dont know. First of all I didnt think what I ate yesterday was a lot. Thanks for oppening my eyes to that! Do I eat because I am hungry or do I eat to feel full?

You're eating lots of jelly now, I see... is that one sachet made up per day? more? What are you drinking? Exercise?

I am eating a lot of jelly now, true. I have a very sweet tooth and I thought between having a lot of yogurt or muffins with tolarated items, the jelly was the best option. I am having maybe 2 to 3 sachets a day. What do you think about that?

Water- I was relaxed about that because usually I have 3 cups of coffee and 2 teas a day so I thought if I had 3 or 4 glasses of water it would be enough but yesterday I made an effort and made sure I had 3 litres of water. Result: the extra kilo was gone this morning.

Exercise: I do try to do as much as possible. I have two messy kids and a messy husband so I am always busy around the house going up and down the stairs a thousand times a day but yes, I could do a lot more.

I hear you re veggies at the weekend... but if the rhythm isn't working for you, causing bloating (transit ok?) etc., then perhaps it's time to rethink and move to his recommended alternating days.

On veg days, do you eat LOADS of veg?

Jo, I dont know if I am eating loads. I must admit, after 4 pp days, I do miss my veggies. I cant remember exactly what I ate but roughly, in two days,I had one whole cauliflower, one whole butternut squash (both in soup), 3 little bags of cherry tomatoes and a big salad. Is this a lot?

Anyway, as I said, today I went back to 60.4 kgs. (what I was 10 days ago). But today more than ever before (if this is at all possible) I am even more sure I dont want to put anymore weight. 3 Kilos have made such a difference in my life!

Thank God I found this diet and thank God I found this website.

Jo, thank you very very much for your answers. I wish I could help you as much as you helping me! :):):):):)

Oh Alessandra - I'm so relieved to read your words as I wondered whether you'd feel I'd been horrible to you this morning! :D I'm really happy.

I know we've discussed before our mutual eating problems, and I definitely "overeat" with Dukan (because I can...), and hunger rarely comes into my environment as I too can't abide getting to that stage.

It might be good for you to try having half your lunch (ie an 8oz portion of meat), and then stopping there. Have a glass of water. Do some housework. And then wonder whether you're hungry? If you are hungry then, midafternoon, you could eat the remainder then. Gradually pushing it back until one day you forget it.

I personally think three sachets of jelly is a lot of jelly. I hear you re it being the better of the evils, where dairy and tolerated foods are concerned, but I make two sachets up each time and they do me three days in three decent sized pots (a yoghurt sized portion). I'm not saying it's bad for Dukan, but it's bad for you perhaps, as an EATER, to be eating that sort of quantity of one food...

Try posting your menus meal by meal as you used to, veg too, and then it's easier to gauge what you're eating quantity wise. Remember the 2/3 protein / 1/3 veg/salad and then you'll know not to be eating too much veg.

Where the kids are concerned, most of my friends with kids seem to eat dinner after them... do you not?

Yes, at your weight, you really need to do some exercise to help yourself along. While the kids are at school?

Back