Anyone else had hypno gastric mind band?

Ive had mine fitted last week, after 3 sessions of hypnotherapy and counselling, its going fantastic, I dont look at food in the same way anymore, I eat smaller portions and am choosing healthier options, I have lost 19lbs in 26 days so far without feeling at all like I am on a diet. The best achievement though is that I was a self confessed Diet coke addict and drank 26 cans in 3 days last month, since I see my therapist I have not had 1 sip at all. Really interested in talking to others who have had success with hypnosis to lose weight.

Hi jellymichelly, I've got a consultation on monday regarding having that.
I'm so nervous, but reading your post has made me feel quite hopeful/positive.
That's a brilliant weightloss in 26 days, hope it works for me too.

Dont be nervous, its really a lovely experience, my weight loss has slowed this week and I only lose 1.5lbs more so .5lbs away from a stone and a half, but think my body has gone into shock lol, I am only eating teaplate sized portions and all healthy foods, my clothes are falling off of me and people have noticed my weight loss, I have lost 3 inches from my waist already. Best thing I have ever done, completely changed the way I think about food, it does not control me anymore, I eat to live and not live to eat!!!!

Good luck let me know how you get on xxx

Thankyou, well I had my half hour consultation and felt quite positive.
So I've booked to go ahead. Have my first session on monday!

Starting to feel quite excited! xXx

Well, I had my first session last monday and have already lost 7lbs which is a pound a day, and that's before the "operation"! I'm so thrilled :D

I'm eating much smaller meals (found using a tea plate helps) yet feeling full after them. Eating much more slowly too and tasting everything.
Also I haven't wanted any junk food, my snacks have been fruit or nuts.

Had my "pre-op" today, feeling so very positive.

Wish I'd heard about this earlier! :D

Hope everything's still fab for you xXx

Hi mate, yeah things are going brilliantly for me, my battery has gone in my scales and I cant seem to find one anywhere arghhh I have not weighed since Friday and am itching to get on them lol. I think ive lost more though as my clothes are falling off me lol. I ate out at the weekend for a meal for my mums birthday, I ordered chicken with cheese and bacon on it (as there was no plain chicken grrr) and then scrapped it all off and gave it to my daughter lol, only ate 1/4 of my jacket spud and no dessert. I love the feeling of being in control although its also hard to understand how my body does not want me to eat anything crap anymore and that I have no desire to eat really and also no enjoyment (short lived) about food, I see it as a means to survive and thats all - which is really exactly what she hypnotised me to think lol. I cannot believe its worked but so bloody happy it is, keep me posted hun xxx

Hi, i really need to find my around this site properly because I keep getting lost and popping up all over the place lol, Gigglepants thats a great loss in a week it sounds like the therapy side of it is working properly ! I have lost a stone and a half in 3 weeks since having the hypno band fitted and like Jellymichelly It is great being in control of your food, it was such a huge part of my life before this and now im eating to live not living to eat as they say,

if i had the money i would try this gastric mind band or some sort of hynosis to see if it works. i have read and heard mixed things about hypnosis in general

for now i will have to make do with glenn harold and paul mc kenna cds i have and start listening to them

sorry for barging in

i will be keeping an eye on how everybody is doing to see if this gastric mind band or hypnosis works

Ive just seen it advertised in my local paper funnily enough. But i dont have the £400 it costs unfortunately.

An update from me, overall all the hypnosis has changed my outlook on food and helped me so much with the drinking diet coke and also the skin contact phobia, but over christmas I felt I let myself slip which is what I was dreading, so tomorrow I am going to join WW and hope that just having the thought of a weekly public weigh in will be enough to get me back on track again.

sorry for barging in..was just wondering if the gastric mind band thing is something you would recomend overall

good luck with ww

Hi, it's 11 weeks today since I had my first session.
I can't recommend it enough, it's totally changed my eating habits.

I was 12st 9lbs when I first went for hypnosis, I put on a couple of lbs over christmas which compared to a normal half a stone addition pleased me no end!
I've just weighed myself this morning (monday's my weigh in day) and I weigh 11st 3lbs. That's 20lbs lost so far, after the initial big loss I'm averaging a 1-2lb loss a week. Which I'm very happy with.
I set myself mini targets, for the scales to get out of the 11st reading by valentines day is my next one. So not big targets, but achievable I think.
Tbh I don't feel like the "having a gastric band fitted" worked at all for me, but the common sense advice I took away with me did. My hypnotist put in my head to eat smaller portions, not eat meals in front of the tv, and stop eating once I felt full. He said if I ate food after I felt full, then it was just as much wasting it as if I'd binned it. So now as soon as I feel full, anything left on my plate goes into the bin.
If I feel like I'm struggling (and there are some days when I struggle with my willpower, maybe it's hormonal) then I listen to my 2nd cd again.

Sorry you're struggling jellymichelly, hoping going to WW gets you back on track again xXx

Hope you're still doing well chuffy xXx

To anyone else considering hypnosis, all I can say is it's helping me.
It's probably helping me more than any "diet" I've tried before as it's completely changed my eating habits. I still eat off a smaller plate, I still eat much slower than before and I still savour each mouthful. All told by my hypnotist to do.
Oh and 2 FULL boxes of choc's went straight into the dustbin this wkend as I was sick of looking at them! I would never have thrown choc's away before hypnosis! :D Result!

I don't manage to get on the pc very often, but I will try my hardest to update this thread weekly/fortnightly.
Take care all and the very best of luck xXx

I've just managed to edit my profile, which will help me see how well I'm doing.
To see I've lost over 10% of my body weight already is fab! :)

My update this week...

Another 1lb loss, which is fab as far as I'm concerned. :)

Had a couple of hard days last week I really struggled with, but listened to my 2nd cd again and felt more positive again.

"Stupid" hope listening to your Glenn Harrold or Paul McKenna cds works for you, I've noticed both receive good reviews on Amazon.

well well done on the weight loss. will see how the glen harold and paul mc kenna go. just can't decide which one. sorry

This weeks update...

Another 1lb gone. Am thrilled :D

On holiday this week, so will be a testing time for me. Might have to listen to the 2nd cd a bit more often.

I saw a special offer for Gastric Band Hypnosis around christmas time and paid for the course of 5 sessions. First session was a consultation session to see ascertain your eating behaviour, attitude to food, etc. I too was a diet coke addict and my therapist told me that fizzy drinks inflate your stomach thus allowing you to eat more. Also the aspartame in Diet coke gives you sugar cravings as it keeps you addicted to sugars. I am now diet coke free since January and to be honest I don't think about it now. I saw my therapist on a 10 day basis and the 2nd session was a cognitive behaviour hypno session as there are pshycological reasons we over eat. This coupled with some sound advice on eating and general portion size meant I lost about 8lbs in the first 10 days. 2nd session was deeper hypnotherapy just reinforcing what had already been done. 3rd session was a deep hypnosis to the point where I have no idea what he said to me. 4th session was similar to 3 and the final session was the gastric band session. Unfortunately I did not get hypnotised properly in this session as I was not too comfortable and kept coughing and sneezing. So this part of the treatment didn't work for me. I have however continued to lose weight purely on the principles I was taught in the first few weeks. I have now downloaded a self hypnosis gastric band mp3 and I am going to try it again this evening.

First its weighing time this lunch time and I will report back if this self hypnosis worked for me.

Back