Apple approved the slimming world app!!!!

Phew! Thanks! Roll on the members app! Will make my life so much easier!

Ohhhhh *facepalm* fair do's lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The really odd thing is that the app is more expensive than buying the actual mag at group!! Random ...
Wish they'd get a move on with "The" app - I suppose it's asking too much for a barcode scanner to give you syn values on products you scan? Now that WOULD be great ...

Eeek said:
The really odd thing is that the app is more expensive than buying the actual mag at group!! Random ...
Wish they'd get a move on with "The" app - I suppose it's asking too much for a barcode scanner to give you syn values on products you scan? Now that WOULD be great ...

That would be amazing lol!!

My Fitness Pal and Nutracheck have barcode scanners that show the calories in a product and allow you to add it straight to the food diary - would be nice if SW could have a Syn version!

Would love a barcode scanner :( So much easier to have one then to try and find Syns all the time...Is there anyway we could suggest this?

I'm confused about this App? Is there only a magazine App coming out? Or is there an App that we use for food directories and stuff coming out? Thanks x

There's supposed to be a members app coming out. X

It would be so great if this app included the syns database so that we could use it without internet access. Often I don't get a signal in supermarkets and when I do, access is very slow. However, I don't see SW allowing local copes of the database.

I emailed slimming world about release date and just received this back..

Hi Hollie

Thanks for your email.
There's been a slight delay and we're just ironing out a few things with our developers. We don't have a specific date for the release but we're expecting to be able to submit the app to Apple before the end of the month, after which it should be available on the App store within a couple of weeks - so fingers crossed it should be too long now!

We'll be updating everyone via the website in the next couple of weeks too so keep an eye on there too maybe.

Best Wishes
Leigh

Hollie5by5 said:
I emailed slimming world about release date and just received this back..

Hi Hollie

Thanks for your email.
There's been a slight delay and we're just ironing out a few things with our developers. We don't have a specific date for the release but we're expecting to be able to submit the app to Apple before the end of the month, after which it should be available on the App store within a couple of weeks - so fingers crossed it should be too long now!

We'll be updating everyone via the website in the next couple of weeks too so keep an eye on there too maybe.

Best Wishes
Leigh

Yey!!!! Hope it's worth the wait!

Has anyone downloaded the magazine, if so is it any good?

I too can't wait for the members app, hope it has the food diary, will make life easier

I have the magazine app and it's really good, just wish it had a function to search between issues for recipes or articles, it's hard remembering which issue I have seen things I want to try in. Hugs Crystal xx

I was going to get the magazine app on my iPad but love reading the actual mag and keeping the copies (I am almost 40 though so very old fashioned LOL!) x

App update

As anybody seen the story on the SW site? The new app is days away for iPhone users!

Apparently it's an update to the existing SW app.

'syns on the go' is how it's currently being marketed, so not sure if you'll be able to keep food diaries etc??

selwonk said:
As anybody seen the story on the SW site? The new app is days away for iPhone users!

Apparently it's an update to the existing SW app.

'syns on the go' is how it's currently being marketed, so not sure if you'll be able to keep food diaries etc??

Woohooo!!! Can't wait!! I've been wanting this since I restarted in jan!

Is it just me or does the current App not work? Mine pretends to open, but then just crashes back to the phone everytime. Haven't got any further than the screen taht says slimming world :(

Back