Christie's Fitness Diary

Off yesterday (Saturday) to spend the day on an outing with mother-in-law and both sisters-in-law; lunch, then say Strictly Come Dancing. Not really my thing, but I do think Julian Clary is a scream!

Back on schedule today...

Sun - 65 mins cardio, 30 mins lower body weights.

WOW! Noticed you do A LOT of cardio a week...I do walk everywhere and run to and from the gym and sometimes to pick the kids up, I also cycle and mountain bike so I reckon this makes up part of my cardio (I do cycle and run as fast as I can if possible)...I tend to do spin three times per week (45 minutes per session) with 15 minutes of rowing to make it up to an hour...and the rest is mainly weight training and HIIT twice per week.

Your programme/regime/routine sounds fab! I wish I could do an full hour of cardio at one stretch...it seems even my rows are around the 45 minute mark when I am training properly (10000m)...guess I still need to work on the cardio rather than the strength...

Hi there, nexangelus. I guess I am doing between 5 and 6 hours of fairly intensive cardio each week, some weeks a little more if I'm going to some step classes. I used to smoke cigarettes, so part of my cardio work is to get my CV fitness back to where I want it (I'm getting pretty close!), and part is to maintain my weight and possibly cut a bit more of my fat percentage (% bodyfat, not BMI), plus as my CV is weightbearing, to avoid osteoporosis :eek: . I've always found it difficult to build muscle, my actual physical build has always been a bit lanky, but I reckon I've built a bit up as I feel stronger and have more endurance. I'm also pretty careful about what I eat.

I've read your exercise diary and seen some of your posts, interesting that you're doing clean eating (I've read about it in Ultra Fit, I think), are you finding it difficult? I don't actually eat much messed-about food anymore, but I have my Greek 0% yoghurt each morning (yumm!). Seems like you have a great program yourself!

Snap on trying to cut the body fat percentage...I do fall into the excellent category for my age, but in order to have more muscular definition (which is my main goal) I need to cut some more and obviously build larger lean mass. I find it fairly easy to build up muscle...never been lanky...but still am working on the cardio, as I know this would help accelerate the fat loss of course...

Rest day today; supposed to go out for the day with OH, don't know if we'll go or not as he can't get his lazy butt out of bed. :mad:

Feeling a bit down today. I've lived in UK for about 4 years, and after I moved here I developed psoriasis. The derm says it's due to stress and the change in the environment (darker days, not enough sunshine, more rain, etc). I've managed to get it under control with a lot of work and concentration and care, but I have noticed in the last couple of weeks I'm getting a few of the small red spots on my legs. A place on my right shin started itching last night when I was watching TV, and I looked, and sure enough, it's a red psoriasis spot coming up. So I have put the special creme on it, etc, but I"m feeling rather down about it all. I want to go to Sharm or somewhere sunny for a week or so, OH isn't enthused as all he wants to do is play frigging golf. :wave_cry:

Aw, bummer...there will be down days, but this too shall pass...you've done so well and are doing great with regards to the exercise, etc...why not go out someplace yourself, might lift the fuggyness?

We went into Liverpool this morning, OH had promised a nice day out. What a frigging pain! We went to museum, rushed through (he wasn't very interested), he ran over to Samuel's jewelry to buy himself something, then went back to train station and came home. I'm feeling fairly furious and frustrated at the moment and just about to go to Sharm by myself! I'll be at gym tomorrow morning, a good long pounding on cardio machines always helps. But some days I feel like he is so frigging selfish and self-centered, it really pisses me off.

I'm feeling fairly furious and frustrated at the moment and just about to go to Sharm by myself! I'll be at gym tomorrow morning, a good long pounding on cardio machines always helps. But some days I feel like he is so frigging selfish and self-centered, it really pisses me off.

Where is Sharm, please forgive my ignorance? And I can empathise with the last bit...my OH has this tendency too, frustrating and sometimes it makes me cry, but then I just grab my own space. keep up my self confidence (that what it seems to hit the most) and feel so much better...I don't live with him, so this helps loads with doing my own thing though...

Go at it great guns in the gym, yeah the endorphins and adrenaline might help with lifting the mood and boosting everything else...chin up!

Sorry, I mean Sharm el Sheikh; just somewhere by a beach, terrifically sunny!!

Now he's downstairs sulking like a 4-year old. He always tells me I can talk to him about anything, but whenever I try, I get **** from him so I seldom bother anymore. So he is in a sulk being a jerk. *sigh* It does get frustrating, doesn't it? I'd go to gym now but I hate going in evenings, it's always very crowded, so I am best there in morning. Oh well! We were supposed to go out to a get-together at about 7:30 or 8, but he's being a **** and I may just end up staying home! :cool:

Did ya go out?

Yeah, evenings are a complete nightmare (for me anyways, some like it all busy and buzzing) at my local gym too, can hardly move or breathe in there, the only time I do evenings is for the challenges...

Hi nexangelus; yeah, did go out, did a quiz night thing that was fun with bro & sis in law and other friends, they're all pretty unfit and overweight so it was interesting! Plus we won the quiz which was cool. I've calmed down a bit, still pretty annoyed -- I really hate selfishness, I think it can be soul-destroying. I think that's what is bugging me the most. But he went early this morning to play his golf ( :wavey: ), so I pounded it at the gym and feel a lot better! We're going out for Sunday lunch with mum-in-law @ 3, she's a pain but a hoot as well.

Sun - 90+ mins cardio :superwoman: 30 mins lower body weights, and about 20 mins stretching. Nice! :p

My word, that was some workout....way to go!

Yeah, Sundays is always a good time to do a longer stretch. It was great! Just home from Sunday lunch, which was good. It's a nice sensible portion, not a ton of potatoes etc, and they put a lot of extra, nice fresh green beans on my plate which was lovely. Now I wanna go take a nap, heh heh! :4635:

Workout derailed this morning due to snow, roads were too bad for driving when I needed to go. I think it might be icy Tues morning as well, but I think I can get away later Tuesday around noon to the gym (I hope!). Had fun watching the cats chase snowflakes across the windows, though!

Back