christmas countdown buddies needed !!

Shelly I usually buy the tesco value drums and thigh packs, quite cheap and can easily eat them all week. Asda do a value bag of seasonal salad (cabbage and lettuce mix) for 47p I enjoy that better than the florrette stuff. Haha I must sound like a right skinflint :) and buy the big packs of eggs. Before my donut escapade I was stood in Tesco examining the ingredients in casserole mix as they had reduced a big pack of stewing steak!

I only really buy for me and can keep my shop quite cheap. I shop in morrisons and they have a bag of frozen cod loin for £3 - usually 4 meals at least. Frozen spinach is £1.30 for a kg and £1 for brocolli. If you buy a bag of brocolli and some cheap stilton you could make a soup. Have Steamed fish and spinach for dinner and your eggs for breakfast? You can definitely keep it under £20 for everything you need hun.

Water, is so crucial for me right now. I feel so bloated today. Am going to the docs next week as atkins isnt having any affect on me at all, I have probably lost about 3lbs and thats it in the space of a month and keeping a good eye on cals and fat etc. Something doesnt feel right. Also, and forgive me if too much info, but i havent had a period since i started LL back in Feb. I thought it would kick in after I finished it, but nearly 7 months later and nothing...so wondering if i have a thyroid or hormone imbalance which is causing my body to not drop weight, or my metabolism is too low...no idea, but something isnt right!

Just watching the beyonce show, and lord she is looking AMAZING! xxx

I'm 1 pound down. Argggghhhh. Well I guess I shouldn't complain a pound is a pound. I'm now into the 11s and hope to be out of the 11s by the end of 2011.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well done 4 I'm gonna wi tomoz I wanna be in the 11s by crimbo but it ain't gonna happen :( x thanks teeny n pixie I'll have a better shop on Thursday x x

4 well done on the pound! I decided not to weigh today after my mishaps over the weekend! Been 100% clean today and have eaten loads, even had time for brekkie (boiled eggs and sauté broccoli) have made an effort to record everything I'm eating, something iv not been doing.
Been good on the waterfront too, about 3l today :)
Cornish, have you been fretting over your period? Hope the doc sheds some light on it x

Well u finally weighed in 3lbs off since we started only 17lbs to go b4 Xmas oooops ha ha I'll be happy with another 7lbs off to be honest ! Well done everyone else x

Well done Shelly!!! I'm not going to weighin till next week after being naughty over the weekend. Been good so far this week though, think having brekkie has helped, also been quite thirsty so managing 3l of water a day :-(

Hey guys, yeah I have been a bit concerned about it. It makes no sense to take this long to come back, plus the lack of weight loss when my carbs are way under 30g a day, my cals are never more than 1200 plus I get about 5 hours exercise a week. It's not logical. I have my first appointment tomorrow then another on Friday. Looking forward to having 6 days off and getting in the gym! x

Cornish your cals look way too low! I'm sure they should be around 1700-1800 (from Atkins website) if your body is in starvation mode it often clings to anything it's got coming in, may be another reason it's not come back yet..... How about increasing cals for a week and see how you get on.... I did a low cal diet earlier in the year, 1200 cals for over a month and didn't shed an ounce :-( realised my body didn't like it so stopped. x

hey guys, so the doctor came back and said that basically my hormones and metabolism are out of balance from LL and basically it doesnt matter what i eat or how much, but body is just burning that and not the stored fat. He suggested I have only 3 meals a day with a min 4 hour gap in between with no food at all, and then in a fortnight start reducing my portion size by 10% every week and increase my exercise by another 15 minutes a day. If my weight has gone up again in 8 weeks he will give me some meds. I cant take that chance...am so confused, no idea what to do as i feel like i am battling my own body. As i have such ineffective hormones and metabolism I am half tempted to blitz 12 weeks on LL and get it done then work from goal to build up my hormone regulation again...no idea, just really confused! :( xx

Aw Cornish, such a dilemma! I guess it really depends how much you want to lose the weight...... I think you need to weigh up whether doing LL will do any further damage. Have you been on Atkins.com? I would be tempted to post on there for advice as they really have a massive wealth of advice on the forum. Hugs x

Cornish you could do three Atkins meals a day or did doc say otherwise? Maybe you just need a little time. Personally I would do three meals a day till the big day on the 25th is over then blitz. When you are a goal weight hopefully everything will balance out.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

hi guys, i have been doing lots of reading today and will follow doctors orders for now. so three meals a day and nothing in between, sticking to the meals i was having, so protein shake for breakie, soup for lunch and fish/veg in the evening. will stick to low carb. then on january 4th i'll join lighterlife again and blitz off the rest of what i need to lose, as the sooner that is done, the sooner i can focus on getting my hormones back in balance and my focus on my metabolism. it would seem i cant lose weight and have a regular hormonal system at the same time, and as the latter needs rectifying sooner rather than later, i need to get my head down and get the weight off. I think that seems fair enough. It would take about 12 weeks I think to get the rest off using total, which means hopefully after that I can focus on getting the meds in to get my system regulated again...i hope that makes sense. just feel like i dont want to be battling my body to be able to lose weight in a healthy manner, but it seems like its just not going to work! :S

Back