christmas countdown buddies needed !!

I find dairy stalls me and bloats me a ridiculous amount so I switched the source of my fats to lean ones. Oily fish, olive oil and avocado. Try that? Keep your coffee but maybe switch your meals to include some tinned mackerel (less smelly than the smoked stuff) and it's also really filling! I cut out the butter, cream and processed meats and found it helped loads. Lots of water too. with a couple days graft you could see 69 by the weekend! xx

Well today was excellent and rubbish! Started off so well, no coffee today :) but one of the girls was leaving today and brought in all sorts of treats, resisted the cake but was starving as I forgot breakfast so had a small flapjack (v small square) tried to redeem myself at the pub and had a mushroom starter and a steak for main swapping the fries and peas for a delicious salad and more mushrooms ( only a little naughty with a couple of little onion rings)
Just had sausage and eggs for tea.
Will give the mackerel a go, and get a couple of avocados x

Hey teeny! Don't be too hard on yourself, you made some good choices with your menu. Can you keep any Atkins bars in your desk or bag for future emergencies? We also had a birthday in the office and didn't do as well as you for resisting! Have been keeping my cals quite low at the min so hoping it will just stall me. Have drunk 4.5lt of water today too, been peeing like there is no tomorrow ! It's our work party tomorrow so have ordered beef carpaccio to start, then rib eye steak, will send the dessert back so as not to tempt myself! x

Good going on the water Cornish, iv failed and not had hardly any today but no coffee or dairy today :) having 2 big chicken thighs and drumsticks with a roasted red pepper for tea, had 2 eggs for brekkie and a bag of spicy chicken wings for lunch. Gonna add some brocolli to tea as struggling getting veg in but only like it smothered in butter......
Oh and my naughty flapjack resulted in 200g gain!!!!! So hard to it, our Xmas do is on the 17th so still have a couple of weeks x

hey teeny dont worry, just keep going and try not to let the little 200g bother you. it could be water retention. i love my water, i always suffer when i dont have it. but i think thats a left over LL thing, as i used it to fill up. we had a work do yesterday and have been suffering all day, didnt put any on that god, but i have been really lax today. not beating myself up about it as i know i am on track and hopefully come monday will see a better result. need to seriously up the gym, but the cold weather is really getting to me and dwindling my motivation! might have to start going on the way home or way to work as i'm not going to the one by hte house as i hate going back out! might be time for some fitness dvd's!! xx

HI everyone, I have been trying so very hard to resist the children's chocolates. Its hard, I did eat a couple of quality street but not thinking there was enough to actually worry about. However it did leave me feeling like I 'needed' some more and for a few moments I was almost ready to raid the sweetie drawer. I didnt I had some coke0 instead and tried to convince myself it was as nice LOL

Looks like everyone is hanging in there, I am hoping we all have a good few pounds off by christmas even if we dont meet our 20s. it would be interesting to add everyones totals and see what we have lost collectively.

Hope you enjoyed your Do Cornish. I tried on the gown I wanted to wear for ours but I think a miracle would have to happen, I need to lose about 2" everywhere! Got a backup though which fits nicely. Was 100% good yesterday and today weighed 70kg dead :) not had coffee or dairy in 3 days now so fingers crossed tomoz 69!
Iv just found a davina DVD I "borrowed" from a friend, going to start that on Monday, hope everyone has a good weekend x

4isnotenough, so many can relate to that where picking and dipping into festive foods because of the time of year is really hard. If it helps, I still have my lighterlife books which look at cognitive behavioural therapy techniques, we would discuss some topics etc put our thoughts out there. Would it help if I picked some out for us to throw in our two pence on how were doing? It might help?

Teeny, you're doing ace - clean and lean! Fingers crossed on that magic 69 by Monday ;)

Looking forward to the gym today and putting up the chrimbo tree! Yay!

Hello CP... I've been reading all your posts I find it helps enormously to see how other folk tackle the task in hand...I'd find the CBT stuff really interesting!

And good luck in getting into the 60s! :)

No problem Alpaca, and it always helps to go over things. Keep discussions going, everyone deals with things in different ways and when it comes to food and especially holidays when feasting is considered "normal" we need to make sure our mind is in check to get our bodies through to new year feeling tip top.

So, this is from the book "Challenge", on Lighterlife you get a book a month which tackles different issues and this one is definitely appropriate to a certain extent for this time of year.

It says, Change can be a challenging process, with both disadvantages and advantages. Recognising this is vital for achieving your goal. If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always had.

Use ABC thought logs to reality test the way you think. This can help you come up with more balanced thoughts. In turn, this can lead to behavioural change, including a more balanced lifestyle and a healthier weight.

(Cognitive Restructuring: Challenging Your Thinking)

ABC thought logs can help you undersand how the way you think influences your feelings and behaviour (blipping, going off track, emotional eating?). Use thought logs whenever you notice a strong feeling or sudden shift in mood thats disproportionate to the situation. and, importantly, whener you notice your behaviour is out of line with your goals.

Questions we should ask ourselves, maybe copy and paste this into a reply if you want or into your own diary to answer the questions?
1. Which areas of your life would you like to change?
2. How or what specifically would you like to change in these areas?
3. What are the pros and cons of the change you have identified?
4. How would your life look if you didnt make this change, 6 months from now, 1 year from now and fives years from now.
5. How would your life look if you DID make this change, 6 months from now, 1 year from now and five years from now.
6. Make a note of the actions you'll take this week to enable you to make changes in the areas you have been looking at. Take these actions.

Hope that helps for now! I'll leave my answers to the above questions in a new post on my diary

CP xx

Hey Cornish, tell me more about cbt please. You could start a thread if need be.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say I really don't think about cbt very much, but I realise I should.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

On a positive note - last night it was our village Christmas lights switch on. I hadn't seen many of the villagers for ages due to the fact I'd been on holiday and also dealing with a few health problems.
Anyway - everyone said "wow, you've let weight", "you look so young", "I didn't recognise you". All good comments came my way.

This morning was a village coffee morning, buns and scones everywhere! I didn't have any, not one! Had two cups of tea though :))

Teeny - I'm glad you have a ack up frock. Maybe ... You you will get into your original dress for the new years do? Regardless, you make sure you have fun no matter what you wear. Our Christmas do is the 10th I have a dress but I definitely need some big knickers to we're with it.

Hello 4 ... What great comments from the neighbours! You must have felt really chuffed! :)

well done 4! thats ace - you must be feeling super chuffed with yourself! xx

After doing so well I slipped up yesterday, went to Lakeside shopping and went for lunch in ikea...... A portion of chips and meatballs later and a big bite of a cinnamon Danish .......... Feel really disappointed! Not sure I will see 69 for tomorrow, maybe toward the end of the week though as back to clean :)
I love my back-up dress, if I lose any more it will by loose and look better. Enjoy your upcoming parties folk!
Off to look at Cornish's Cbt bits x

Awe teeny, always there's obstacles in our way. It's always food and always the wrong food. I hope you can feel okay today and get back on track.

Awww teeny just put it down to a blip I've had an awful weekend hubby has had no work on and we r skint with a capital S :( so I've not been able to get my normal shop I'm trying my best but finding it very difficult because of the lack of atkins friendly food I have in :( I could only afford freezer food this week am still trying tho so that's the main point x good luck I wi tomoz not lookin forward to it lol x

Hi teeny, dont panic! Lots of water and you'll soon be back on track

Yes I'm now on the water after some "comfort" mini choc donuts from tesco as hubby being an arse! Just had a pint of water and gonna have lots and lots more, thanks for all the encouragement :) not liking this feeling as I now feel yucky and bloated.

Back