Christmas Countdown - not weight! NO BAH-HUMBUGS ALLOWED! lol

That is wayyy to early, even for me! lol

Kat xx

There is a flat near me who had their decorations up on Monday.
Now I love Christmas and put my decs up as soon as i can get away with it, but even me and DD thought that was a little soon.

***Sleeps***

42 to go!

woop woop! that means only 42 sleep until a mandatory (aw, shame! :D) 12 day holiday!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D :D :D

Same here! That is the bit I am looking forward to - although mine is 10.5 days!!

Kat xx

Definately! I haven't had any time off since August which isn't too bad! My annual leave got soaked up rather alot at the beginning of the year due to unfortunate circumstances for my niece.

Ohhh I can't wait!!

Kat :) xx

Oh my god kat, i can't wait! Never had a proper break at Christmas - so I am in pre-CHristmas HEaven!!! :D :D And it will have been since May since I had a holiday - so I am SO ready!!! :D :D

Heres to it, ay? :D

Oh my god, I am getting so excited about xmas. I can't wait. Don't have kids myself (yet!!!) but do have neices and nephews to spoil. Me and my OH are like big kids really when it comes to xmas.

We noramlly put our tree up on the first weekend in December so this year it will be the 5/6th.

I am actually looking forward to not over indulging this year. I will be on week 8 of RTM so I will be able to have a small amount of carbs with my xmas dinner which will be nice. It will be great to feel in control and not feel like bursting all the time (like I do every year).

Bring it on.....................

:xmassign::26::109::xmascheers:

Yeah Not gonna over indulge either I will be off rtm by than, but I will
be maintaining the healthy lifestyle :)

I know exactly what you mean. We don't have kids either, nor want them but love christmas and like a pair of big kids ourselves.

We have OH parents coming the first weekend of De and are away the following one so I will have to plan when to put the decs up.

I like to put up decs, enjoy some bubbly, play christmas music and wrap pressies all at the same time!

I will be on week 7 of RTM :)

Kat xx

Oh my god, I am getting so excited about xmas. I can't wait. Don't have kids myself (yet!!!) but do have neices and nephews to spoil. Me and my OH are like big kids really when it comes to xmas.

We noramlly put our tree up on the first weekend in December so this year it will be the 5/6th.

I am actually looking forward to not over indulging this year. I will be on week 8 of RTM so I will be able to have a small amount of carbs with my xmas dinner which will be nice. It will be great to feel in control and not feel like bursting all the time (like I do every year).

Bring it on.....................

:xmassign::26::109::xmascheers:

I like to put up decs, enjoy some bubbly, play christmas music and wrap pressies all at the same time!
Me too but I will enjoy it just the same without the bubbly. I am not much of a drinker any way.
I realised last time I did LL, that it is what you do and who you do it with that counts, not what you eat and drink. I totally abstained through xmas and new year last time and it was no bother at all, and I lost 7lbs! I intend to do the same this year.
Think we will put ours up weekend 5/6.

It isn't the alcohol that makes it enjoyable for me it is the situation and who I am with. I will have the bubbles because I like them :)

Kat xx

Good for you Kat. I plan on having a glass of bubbly with my dinner. I'm just having my parents and sis round on the big day. It will be the first time we've had anyone round for xmas in our house, so there will be a lot pf pressure for us to put on a good spread. It will be great though.

Fourth Thursday in November

Yep! After Thanksgiving - never ever before!!

THanksgiving is the 27th November....so fair game after that! :D

xx

Hi BL,

Thanksgiving in the 26th, it is always the fourth Thursday in November in the U.S. (Canadian have their's usually in September).

Little Thanksgiving Facts:

It is the busy weekend for travel in the United States. More Americans will travel "home" (to be with family) for Thankgiving than any other holiday.

The Friday following Thanksgiving is usually the busy shopping day of the year in the United States. And, this includes on-line purchases. Most people have the day off, the schools are closed and the shops are opened. Plus, the pre-Christmas sales start and with all the leftovers no one has to cook (for about a week) lol.

One great thing about being an American living in the UK... there is a whole lot less "pressure" to do the whole huge Thanksgiving Fest thing. I am not planning to do it big... I am even considering doing a little long weekend trip. My OH is good to go with any suggestions and my daughter has grown up over here. She is more excited about Bonfire night than she has ever been about Thanksgiving. Can't blame her -- too far to travel to be with family, so the holiday lacks real meaning.

However, as you can see by my changed profile picture... I went to a Halloween party dressed as Pilgrim this year. I walked in carrying Pumpkin Pie and said, "Damn, got the wrong holiday didn't I?"

My tree, etc. will go up the second weekend in December, because we leave up until the 12th day of Christmas which is January 6th. (Like the Germans, we lived there for 7 years.)

MinnieMel

***Sleeps***

41 to go!

41 wahey :)

Hi BL,

Thanksgiving in the 26th, it is always the fourth Thursday in November in the U.S.

I know. I'm American!! :D

I just got my date wrong! :giggle:

I miss doing Thanksgiving - I loved to cook full on for the family. But my family here does not like Turkey. :( It is my most FAVOURITE holiday of the year!!

It is my favourite meal of the year to cook.

ANyway - one day we'll be back - then the Turkey is stuffed!

Where in the states were you from? :)

Hi BL,

I grew up in Seattle, then moved to Florida as a teen, graduated from FSU moved to Georgia, then New York. I taught school in New York before my husband took a job overseas. We've lived in the UK (94-96), Germany (96-03) and back in the UK ever since. My son is now in Florida in his first semester of college.

Where are you from... the motorcycle makes me want to guess Texas. Am I right?

MM

Nope ! I was practically a neighbour of yours!! California! :D San Francisco area.

We love Washington, me and my hubby take a lot fo road trips up through there, always spending a night or two in Seatlle. But we really love the San Juan Islands best. Plonk me on Friday Harbor, leave me there, and colour me happy! I love it there.

We are eventually going to move back, but when is the $64000 question.

Nice to know another yank on here! There have not been many!! :)

That's one of my goals to move stateside :)
I love it out there it's amazing

Hey BL, et al,

"The City" is one of my favourite places in the world. I lived in Palo Alto as a teen, and love SF. However, I would need to win the lottery to live there. Where do you live here?

We really love Europe (esp. Germany, it is very pretty), and as I was an English History major as an undergrad... you'd think being in the UK is perfect. But, I think when you are visiting Europe and travelling it is one thing, and living here long-term is another. You have job, working in the garden, doing laundry, etc. I am making up a list of the places in Europe I have not visited that I feel I must, and I am ticking them off as fast as possible. Then, whether my OH wants to or not... I'm going home. (Of course, I need to figure out where is home in the US? I was an Air Force brat.) I am probably only feeling this way because there is an ocean between me and my baby boy.

Here is my Christmas Countdown:

37 Sleeps before I pick up my son at Gatwick!!! It'll have been four months since we said good-bye at the airport in Florida.

MM

Back