Christmas Countdown - not weight! NO BAH-HUMBUGS ALLOWED! lol

***Sleeps***

39 to go!

Ho ho ho, I went to a Xmas shop yesterday, got a few new decs for the tree, really beautiful they are. Peace, Hope, Love and Joy, all in gold metal to hang on the tree. Also a few other baubles! It was such a happy happy joy joy place, pity it was so full!

Jez
xx

Yeah that is the downside now, all of a sudden everyone has realised Christmas is coming so has started shopping so it is getting busier! I have pretty much finished family. I have started Rik's pressies. I have got my paper/tags/cards. I shall next start on decs for the house :)

Not longgggggggggggggggg :) xx

woo hoo

Kat xx

Hi Ya --

37 sleeps before I see my son.

My daughter and I rearranged (dusted, etc.) the livingroom yesterday to get it ready for the tree. I promised her that we would get it out, set up and decorated on the weekend following Thanksgiving (the 28 and 29).
Got some shopping done on Saturday and plan to do some internet shopping this week. I need to get going on the cards... the ones going to the States need to be posted by December 11th.

MM

37 sleeps till you see your son :) thats beautiful :) how longs he going to be back in england for?

Hi Kenshinn112 -

Thanks for asking. I'm so psyched. :bliss:
I pick him (he's 18) and his 15 year old cousin up on December 22 (at Gatwick)
:family2:
and I put them back on a plane on January 4th. :cry:

It is her first plane trip since she was 3 months old -- she is so excited to be coming to England. As it is she will miss one day of school, and he has to be back at Uni later that week.
It is a very short visit -- Really only 12 days if you do not count airport days. (And, I know he'll try to spend as much with the other college kids who are back from the States and the ones still in high school here.)
Oh well, he'll get to sleep in his old room and eat his mom's cooking and I know he is excited about that!

MM

awwwwww beautiful thing :)
well xmas is a time to spend with your loved ones and at times it can be so hard saying bye again :(
i personally hate saying goodbyes :( but it will be a beautiful xmas for you :)

Woohoo!! I heard the first official Christmas song on Heart FM this morning just before 7am!!! Lol Mariah Carey - All I want for Xmas is you!!! I guess they had to play it since she is in town atm and being interviewed by them on Friday!

But it did make me turn the music up and feel very festive on the way into work in the pouring rain!!!

Jez
xx

I am holding off on breaking out the Christmas tunes until after Thanksgiving... but I have been tempted. Just finished online shopping for the in-laws. I started sending fresh wreaths a few years ago (my OH has five siblings! So those of you that aren't already committed: I recommend an "only child").
The great thing is they throw the wreaths away after the holidays, and I send another one the next year. (I do try and pick different styles, etc.) I used to shop, wrap, pack, post... and then I realised that as they are all older (my OH is the baby) they were "downsizing" and trying to unload stuff. So, they need and want nothing. But, all would have bought a fresh wreath for the door every year. They love it, and it is easy for me.

MM

***Sleeps***

38 to go!

***Sleeps***

37 to go!

Wahey 37 that's it so cool :)

***Sleeps***

36 to go!

36 even better, better start the shopping now than

Lovely Xmas People!!!

I had a job on Regent Street tonight.... Saw the Xmas lights there, on Oxford Circus and down Carnaby street soooo pretty and the hot chestnut sellers are out!! Almost time for advent calenders!!

Jez
xx

Lovely Xmas People!!!

I had a job on Regent Street tonight.... Saw the Xmas lights there, on Oxford Circus and down Carnaby street soooo pretty and the hot chestnut sellers are out!! Almost time for advent calenders!!

Jez
xx

I love the smell of hot chestnuts! :) Reminds me of when we used to get a "cone" full with our mum when we went Christmas shopping....mmmm!

And I gave OH an advent calendar yesterday ~ it's sitting on the shelf ready for the countdown. :p

I have a " Christmas scene" big plate on my coffee table ( mum gave it to me after having it for years when they moved to Greece), and I have put red and frosted white tea light holders on it which have snowflakes on! I have also sprinkled those table decoration stars and Merry Christmas words in red, gold and green around the candles on the plate! So pretty!
Am I a tad premature??? xx :p

Start Shopping???

36 even better, better start the shopping now than

Kenshinn,

Are you lucky enough to not have any siblings??? Between my three sisters, and my husband's 4 sisters and one brother, plus parents, neices, nephews, and our own two children... I start in January and pray that I get everything wrapped by midnight on the 24th of December! LOL

MM

Play Mobile

Lovely Xmas People!!!

Jez
xx

Hey Jez,

I have an awesome Play Mobile advent calendar (that was little boxes you put the bits back in each year) -- and I use that for advent (no calories). Once all the parts are out it makes an awesome Christmas scene.

MM

Kenshinn,

Are you lucky enough to not have any siblings??? Between my three sisters, and my husband's 4 sisters and one brother, plus parents, neices, nephews, and our own two children... I start in January and pray that I get everything wrapped by midnight on the 24th of December! LOL

MM

hey I have a brother :) and nephew/neice :) so shoppings going to be for the kids for sure :)

***Sleeps***

35 to go!

Back