** Claire's low carb blah blah chit chat gabbing **

D. 2 lincs sossies, 2 rashers bacon, 2 fried eggs, lil bit ketchup, bucket of a brew

Just doing an order on LCM. Ordering the low carb heinz ketchup, some different choc bars of around 2g each, some buttermilk flax mix for pancakes, some sf maple syrup, 0g carb strawberry syrup, couple packets of sweets. Hopefully this will mean i've got things in at home for the times i fancy something sweet n also a different sauce other than mayo to have with meals.

Been on a flax mission too as the only variety sold of the ready ground stuff at my local H+B is -

HB083440_R_H200W000.gif

Which is nice enough with cinnamon n cream on top but haven't been able to do anything else with it really that i like the taste of. The porridge i tried making was horrid lol.

Just ordered from the H+B website -

HB086085_R_H200W000.gif

With nuts n Q10 in and also -

HB086086_R_H200W000.gif

With cocoa n berries in.

I'm assuming both are ok carb wise as i've seen in the flax thread others have used these varieties before. I'm not able to check the nutritional bits on the website so fingers crossed. H+B have an offer on atm, buy one get one half price so that kinda covers the £1.99 postage n packing paid i suppose. Going to have flax coming out me eyeballs!! LOL. Ah well, it certainly helps the ol digestion lol.

Regarding the cocoa and berries flavour flax this is a snippet of what their website says -

Linwoods Milled Flaxseed, Cocoa and Berries blend boasts incredible antioxidants qualities, particularly when compared to other fruit and vegetables. An adult would need to eat a total of 1 cabbage, 3 full broccoli, 6 carrots, 3 apples, 1 grapefruit and 10 tomatoes to get the same amount of antioxidants contained in just two spoonfuls of this new super food!

I was using that blue on and found it too strong, i'm now using the one with gogi berries in it and it's much better.

It's the only one i've tried so far as it's the only one my local H+B stocks. Looking forward to trying the other two i've just ordered online though and seeing if they make much difference. I'd love to try the flax porridge, bread, pancakes etc that others make but after a few attempts with the blue version i gave up as it tasted way too eggy. The only thing that tastes nice is dousing it with cinnamon n either butter or cream once cooked.

T. 3 roast chicken drummers, savoy cabbage boiled then with butter on, mashed celeriac with butter

S. For at work = 1 chicken drummer, 1 babybell. Portion of the pie

Morning Claire, how are you sweetheart, just in off nights?

Yes, that I am jim. Been a strange night. Called in at asda on the drive home so I at least have a few basics in the kitchen again.

B. MiM with spoon of extra thick cream

What happened in the night then Claire?

Go to bed then or you'll be knackered later love.

Night night love. Sleep well.

Back