Constant Criticism The New Venting Thread!!!

Awww i missed the moonie part, actually funny story my younger brother who goes to college decided to pull off a moonie at a fellow student passing by... of course there would be a teacher below looking up and he is now suspended loll.

Ok i have a new one yesterday my mother who came down to visit me saw me and my weight loss, she has now commented that i have no bum left. She then proceeds to lifting my top up and trying to have a look....now i dont know what was more disturbing, my mother doing that or her comments, i let you decide!!

A man's bum should never go missing :flirt2:...

Huseyin maybe you should post a pic of said bum so we can give you our opinion on it ;)

And she's yer mum!! You haven't got anything she hasn't seen before, in fact, she made it all!! :rolleyes::p

Now not going to leave the computer until said photos show. :cool:

Haha - this thread really made me laugh (at your comments not at the ones of those who thought they should show such negativity!!)
I have been lucky as not many of the comments I have received have been like that - although at the start a few people thought the diet was ridiculous!! My dr didnt think so though so I didnt listen.

Funnily enough until I got back from my holiday not many people even noticed I had lost 35lbs but since I got back loads more people have commented - and I certainly dont think I have lost any whilst away!! Guess its just where they havent seen me for 2 weeks!!

this is a brilliant thread. thank you so much for sharing your experiences! i had a major run in with my family last week about how dangerous the diet was and about not losing too much - this is from the same people who have made me feel ugly and overweight for most of my life and who constantly watch what i eat and make me feel guilty about it!

i completely agree with the comment that people - including family are just too nosey and i'm very angry that they feel it's ok for them to talk about my weight and try to make decisions about how i'm going to deal with it. i wouldn't dream of telling them they've put on some weight or that they should go on a diet so why do they think it's ok for them to tell me what decisions i can or can't make.

thank you so much - just knowing other people are going through the same rubbish comments makes me feel better, even though i wish we didn't have to.

ps happy to include my bum in any protest!

Nearly there Jazzy, well done

I like your happy new avatar pic too.
Is it from your holiday? Where did you go?
:wave_cry:

From the woman who said to me last week that I looked nice a couple of weeks ago, but don't anymore and if I lose anymore I'm going to "look ugly like the rest of them" (work colleagues who have done fabulously well on LL before me), then called me Victoria Beckham, today excelled herself! Never thought it possible! As I walked past her, she said "hello lollipop head".............................

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Minerva, do you now believe she is jealous and nasty??!! :p

Hi there! Yes I'm nearly there and i have to say you, BL and Anna have been major influences on me and the journey has gone so fast!!!
I went to the Gambia for a week and did kind of RTM while I was there (plus a bit extra!!) but I have got straight back into it since my return and only have 4lbs left to go as I lost 3lbs since my last weigh in!!!!

omg poppy
how rude
what did you say???
daisy x

Daisy, completely ignored her and called up the corridor to a work colleague instead. My manager had a good comeback for me for next time and said I should say "Ann, anyone would think you might be a little bit jealous". My favourite response would be something that I can't write here for fear of offending someone, but believe me, let's just hope she doesn't catch me on a bad day next time!! ;-)

Hi Poppysparkle,

I'm totally with you on that on, I can't believe she called you that, what a b***h.
You know what it is and your boss right, next time say something about her being jealous and don't wait for a bad day to happened, next time she says something to you, just go for it... You can drop a comment too.

Take care.

Just ask her when she's going in for a personality transplant.

How absolutely ignorant! BL and I are on our way........

And of course there is always the Grievance Procedure. If you have any reason, however big or small, and she is making you angry or uncomfortable, just mention it to your line manager. Even if you've mentioned it to your Line Manager in passing, she would have to not it and ask if you wish to take it further. By law they have to follow it up. In fact even one of us could say that we are not happy that this person is not nice toward you.

Haha - this thread really made me laugh (at your comments not at the ones of those who thought they should show such negativity!!)
I have been lucky as not many of the comments I have received have been like that - although at the start a few people thought the diet was ridiculous!! My dr didnt think so though so I didnt listen.

Funnily enough until I got back from my holiday not many people even noticed I had lost 35lbs but since I got back loads more people have commented - and I certainly dont think I have lost any whilst away!! Guess its just where they havent seen me for 2 weeks!!

Hey Jazzy - GREAT PHOTO! YOu look fab in your new Avatar...

I had the same thing happen to me. I lost 5 stone and no one said a word!!!!! Then I went on hols for 3 weeks and when I came back their jaws collectively hit their desks!!! It is the absense that did it, as you say. :) Funny though. Blind muppets!! hehehehe

I was very lucky too - I had nothing but support except for one jealous woman who has been up and down on WW or S.World for years. SHe just couldn;t cope that I had done it so fast, all that came from her was 'sucking air through her teeth' and other comments. I shut her up though. :D

People are funny. :)

From the woman who said to me last week that I looked nice a couple of weeks ago, but don't anymore and if I lose anymore I'm going to "look ugly like the rest of them" (work colleagues who have done fabulously well on LL before me), then called me Victoria Beckham, today excelled herself! Never thought it possible! As I walked past her, she said "hello lollipop head".............................

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Minerva, do you now believe she is jealous and nasty??!! :p

hhahahhaa - I am sorry - I can't help but laugh at the "lollp pop head" comment - I have never ever heard anyone called that before!!! Is that the best she can do??? defiantely sounds like jealousy.

As Thunderthighs queried - yes - some comments may be a general concern for your health. But it is quyite easy to differentiate between that and snide comments. Most of them are snide.

Honey - you look fab, and if you want to lose a few more you will also look fab. Its whatsw in YOUR heart and head that counts.

You will know what to do if you listen to both of those things. :)

xx

Thanks BL - I have very very few pics of me, but I did take some befores and will put them on here soon. I like to hide behind things still like BIG sunglasses and hats!! In case you didnt notice!!

Have you thought of being a counsellor btw? I think you would be great at it and I know you were thinking about other jobs a while back. According to my LLC last night there is a chance that the NHS may partially fund LL for some patients soon - at last a glimmer of hope that they realise its more cost effective to prevent rather than cure!! I'm sure the cost of treating someone who has had a heart attack must be much much more than a diet for a few months?

Do you have to pay to train do you think?

Hi JAzzy

Hey - looks like you don;t need to hind behind anything - you look really lovely! Honest!!! But you will get used to that. ;)

Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately, the way LL operates is LLC's buy a franchise, which includes the training in cbt, etc., but it's rather steep - about 14 or 15 grand. A bit more then I could manage, particularly as my plans involve moving back to California in the next year or two, and while we could use it in the states, neither LL or even CD are available there.

Otherwise, I might consider it!

Thanks for your vote of confidence! :D

Thats great news the NHS may assist people. At last!! :)

Hope you are haveing a good day! :)

xx

Hm...
My question is...
What if you get two conflicting comments thrown at you? I still haven't reached my target, not even my INITIAL target of 140 lbs (10 st). My boyfriend tells me I look fine, I don't need to lose anymore. I don't listen much to that, I feel good that I've restarted the program to satisfy my weight-demons of not reaching 'Goal'.
HOWEVER, yesterday I was feeling quite good, I'm a very comfortable size 12, I felt good in my clothes (even got some high heels on!! I never do) ... but my dad sort of looks at me and in his way just goes : "You could still lose some more." ... and this is after an 8 st loss over the past year ... Then again my relationship with my father has always been emotionally strained...

I have two conflicting comments, both from people I respect greatly. Then there's the third conflict in my own head of knowing what I want too... Maybe I expected my dad to finally say that I look ok. I'm wondering if he'll ever say it.

Maybe he can't Minerva

You've got to do it for YOU.
If others approve - great
If they don't - tough.

Back