Dominoes' SW Diary

Gaah. I set my slow cooker to high rather than low and then went to work. Came home to tasty tasty burnt lentil mush. Oops.

Otherwise I had a great day. I went to look at a new hall for derby training after work. Most places hate us because they think we'll damage the floor with our skates but the manager at this place was American and super super excited to have derby girls training there! Just got to get the costs cleared by the league and we've got extra training!

Anyway, here's my revised food:

B: magic porridge (hex b), coffee with milk (hex a)
L: salad, baby potatoes, mackerel (finally got the right one!), 0% yogurt, grapes
D: home made spaghetti bolognese, toffee muller light (wow!)

0/0 syns

Oops, minor slip up. One of my housemates has gone away for a week and left a note saying eat the ice cream in the freezer. So we did. I didn't have that much but enough that I feel ill and pudgy. Oh well. No syns used today otherwise so hopefully it's not the end of the world. Might sneak a look at the scales in the morning.

Tomorrow's food:

B: omelette, 0% yogurt, coffee with milk (hex a)
L: home made spaghetti bolognese leftovers, 0% yogurt
D: not sure yet... maybe just a tuna and egg salad or something.

Exercise: cycling as normal :)

I hope so! Feeling very bloated too so hopefully lots of peppermint tea will help and I'll be ok by next weigh in. I always seems to sabotage myself if I start actually losing. Got to get back on this. Today's going ok so far.

as long as you have a positive mind about you'll be fine!! x

Ohh I'm trying! Just saw some photos of me at 11st 4 on Facebook so that's a good incentive and I WILL be even slimmer than that. I was meant to be going to the pub tonight with my housemate but might try and get some work done and get an early night to save my syns.

Ohh I'm trying! Just saw some photos of me at 11st 4 on Facebook so that's a good incentive and I WILL be even slimmer than that. I was meant to be going to the pub tonight with my housemate but might try and get some work done and get an early night to save my syns.

I'm always the same when I look at photos! it's always a motivator! sounds like a plan! :)

Wow you exercise SOOO much and doing great on your diet you are going to so fab !!!!

Aw thanks hon! I just bike to work and back (about 1 hour round trip) and then play roller derby at the weekend. I don't think I eat that badly normally but the weight just doesn't seem to shift at all!

Had a glass of wine and a g&t last night at the pub so 8.5 syns all up. Not too bad!

I'm shattered today, so glad it's the weekend although I think I'm spending tomorrow at the uni library. Boo. But no proper work at least and I'm going skating with friends tonight.

B: toast (hex b), low fat spread (0.5 syns)
L: couscous, tuna, tomatoes, lettuce, kiwi fruit, 0% yogurt
D: jacket potato, baked beans, cheese (hex a)

and then drinks after derby but I'll try and stick to spirits.

Thank yooooou! I'm effing starving already! Toast is NOT breakfast but I forgot to make magic porridge. :(

Sometimes I just mix the oats in with my yogurt in the morning, it's a bit more like muesli that way but still fine to eat.

Sometimes I just mix the oats in with my yogurt in the morning, it's a bit more like muesli that way but still fine to eat.

Good to know! I'll try that next time. Sometimes I end up getting out of bed again and going down just to mix the porridge before I go to sleep. :(

Just popping in to log my food. I'm busy studying so having a short break.

I spent ALL my remaining syns on rum yesterday. It was great! Ended up getting a taxi home at 1am with my friends. I am dying today.

B: eggs, toast (hex b), jam (2 syns), spread (1 syn), mushrooms, baked beans, bacon, coffee with milk (hex a)
L: couscous, tuna, salad, grapes
D: chicken, new potatoes, carrots (might make this more exciting if I can be bothered to go to the shop!)
S: skinny latte (4.5 syns), lots of diet coke

7.5/15 syns

Hope your hangover didn't last too long yesterday. I've really gone off alcohol after a bout of food poisoning over the summer (I was drinking a lot of wine at the same time as eating dodgy food), although I can't say no to a medicinal whiskey now and then.

Oh my god. I'm so hungover. Open bars are not good for diets!

We had the first of two minimum skills assessments at roller derby yesterday. They check we're safe to start playing full contact with the rest of the league. I did really well and beat my previous personal best for most laps in five minutes. Hopefully next week's the same and I get to start playing properly!

Yesterday evening I went to a Collectif event. They're an amazing vintage clothing brand and some friends and I managed to get tickets to an event they did. For £10 we got a dress to keep and then to party in Camden with an open bar. We had a really fantastic time and I love my dress so so much but I drank far too much!

Here's the food:
B: yogurt, fruit, toast (hex b), marg (1 syn)
L: pasta, bolognese sauce, yogurt
D: chicken shish at about midnight. Fail (10 syns)
S: banana, chicken

Drinks at Collectif: wine 1x175; 3x250 (30 syns), vodka and diet coke x2 (5 syns)

So 45/15 syns. That's how NOT to do SW ladies!!

Hope your hangover didn't last too long yesterday. I've really gone off alcohol after a bout of food poisoning over the summer (I was drinking a lot of wine at the same time as eating dodgy food), although I can't say no to a medicinal whiskey now and then.

Ah saturday was nothing compared to today. That was more lack of sleep I think.

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Well done on beating your PB's at roller derby. It's something I've always wanted to try but I'm just not good on skates of any kind! Hope the hangover disappears soon!

Back