Dominoes' SW Diary

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Well done on beating your PB's at roller derby. It's something I've always wanted to try but I'm just not good on skates of any kind! Hope the hangover disappears soon!

It was amazing and I'm trying not to feel bad about it because it's the last proper blow out I'll have now for a while. Uni's kicking off again and there's so much I need to do for that now. Just struggling to cope with a hangover on this diet. I really really want a brownie or something!

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Well done on beating your PB's at roller derby. It's something I've always wanted to try but I'm just not good on skates of any kind! Hope the hangover disappears soon!

By the way, you should totally do it! You're in Guildford, right? Surrey Roller Girls have a Fresh Meat (newbies) programme coming up! It's on their Facebook page. One of my friends used to skate with them. It's really really good exercise, you actually need to have sizeable legs and hips for blocking and you'll instantly have a whole new group of friends!

Anyway, today I successfully did SW with a hangover. I'm so proud.

B: yogurt, fruit, coffee (hex a)
L: couscous, tuna, salad, chicken zero noodle soup from crusssh (yes I had two lunches...), yogurt, alpen light bar (hex b)
D: spag bol (leftovers), grapes, lots of diet coke

I'm not feeling too confident about tomorrow but then it's a new week so I'm off to prepare a bit for that.

By the way, you should totally do it! You're in Guildford, right? Surrey Roller Girls have a Fresh Meat (newbies) programme coming up! It's on their Facebook page. One of my friends used to skate with them. It's really really good exercise, you actually need to have sizeable legs and hips for blocking and you'll instantly have a whole new group of friends!

Anyway, today I successfully did SW with a hangover. I'm so proud.

B: yogurt, fruit, coffee (hex a)
L: couscous, tuna, salad, chicken zero noodle soup from crusssh (yes I had two lunches...), yogurt, alpen light bar (hex b)
D: spag bol (leftovers), grapes, lots of diet coke

I'm not feeling too confident about tomorrow but then it's a new week so I'm off to prepare a bit for that.

Yay for actually being on plan with a hangover, you are a better woman than I (I used to succumb to KFC).

Casually mentioned roller derby to the OH last night and I couldn't get him to shut up about how good it would be for me so looks like I'll be popping along in October. I used to play rugby many moons ago so I'm used to trying to stop people from getting past me (just have to remember not to try and tackle them to the ground!)

Yay for actually being on plan with a hangover, you are a better woman than I (I used to succumb to KFC).

Casually mentioned roller derby to the OH last night and I couldn't get him to shut up about how good it would be for me so looks like I'll be popping along in October. I used to play rugby many moons ago so I'm used to trying to stop people from getting past me (just have to remember not to try and tackle them to the ground!)

Oooooh! I am so excited for you! It really is life changing and don't worry about how bad you think you are on skates. I started with two girls who couldn't stand up on skates and 12 weeks later they are fierce! We've learned so much so quickly. Oh and we have a bout near Stratford on Saturday if you fancy seeing what it's all about!

THE LONDON ROCKIN' ROLLERS PRESENTS: BLOCKWURST!

That's enough derby love for this post. Today is weigh in day and I think I'm looking at a STS judging by my scales. Here's my food:

B: magic porridge (hex b)
L: couscous, tuna, salad (I NEED to branch out!)
D: Spanish omelette
S: babybel light (hex a), yogurt, diet coke

Last edited:
Blergh. Just had one of those vanilla and chocolate muller lights. They're horrible! I'm sticking to the toffee ones.

Well done on the loss! As for mullerlights, the choc and orange one is the best although I really want to try the new mint one.

Well done on the loss! As for mullerlights, the choc and orange one is the best although I really want to try the new mint one.

Me too, I LOVE mint chocolate but I haven't seen it anywhere. Might have a look in the big Sainsburys at Angel on my way home.

Thanks! And! Guess what I got on my way home?!

Attachments

• 1410283533706.jpg
    1410283533706.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 43
Phew, managed a night at a tapas bar and only had one glass of wine!

So, updated food for today:
L: couscous, tuna, salad
D: Spanish omelette, yogurt, diet coke
S: babybel light (hex a), yogurt, diet coke, 200ml red wine

7 syns

I should probably do tomorrow's food too...

L: leftover pasta, yogurt

D: leftover spanish omelette
S: grapes at the cinema, wine afterwards (8 syns to be safe)

I was meant to be having lunch with a friend but I'm about to text and say I can't. My ex just sent me a heartbreaking email and I can't cope with seeing this other guy tomorrow. Girly cinema instead. I'm just off to cry myself to sleep now.

I should probably do tomorrow's food too...

L: leftover pasta, yogurt
D: leftover spanish omelette
S: grapes at the cinema, wine afterwards (8 syns to be safe)

I was meant to be having lunch with a friend but I'm about to text and say I can't. My ex just sent me a heartbreaking email and I can't cope with seeing this other guy tomorrow. Girly cinema instead. I'm just off to cry myself to sleep now.

Eek, that was a slightly overly emotional post! Feeling better today, just very tired. We've switched the cinema to tomorrow night so I'm going to try and get all my reading finished for one of my uni modules instead. Here's what Wednesday now looks like:

L: leftover spanish omelette, yogurt
D: baked potato, prawns, mayo (2 syns)
S: babybel light (hex a), diet coke

And, this morning I jumped on my scales and they were showing 11st 5lb so I'm pretty pleased with that! I've just got to use that to spur me on rather than as a sign that I can go and eat cake. Although, I might get some clubs or something on my way home. I could do with a chocolate fix and apparently the mint ones are 5.5 syns!

Might do a bit of goal-setting later on. Just to give me stuff to tick off as I go!

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better this morning. Its so strange that one little thing can just throw you off. I'm jealous that you tracked down the mint mullerlight, you'll have to let us know how it is. I'm tempted to freeze one (when I can eventually get my hands on one) so I can feel like I'm having mint choc chip ice cream!

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better this morning. Its so strange that one little thing can just throw you off. I'm jealous that you tracked down the mint mullerlight, you'll have to let us know how it is. I'm tempted to freeze one (when I can eventually get my hands on one) so I can feel like I'm having mint choc chip ice cream!

They had it in the big Sainsburys so maybe try one of those? I had it last night and I wasn't that impressed! Mint yogurt is a bit weird and it's not that chocolatey. I think I'll have to try it again and freezing it is a good idea - I imagine it would be like one of those skinny cow things.

Nom, nom, nom. These toffee muller lights might actually be my favourite. Do you think they're like caramel ice cream if you freeze them? Might be a project for tonight...

Word of advice re: freezing - don't leave them in the freezer too long other wise they go rock solid and you're left chipping away at a block of ice! They were sold out in the big sainsbury's i go to, but will have a scout round town on Saturday.

Thanks for the tip! Not sure it'll last in the freezer that long!

Today's a bit slow at work so I've made some weight loss goals. I've added them to my signature but here's a bit more detail on each

1. Get to 11st. Ideally by the end of September which seems pretty manageable at the moment. This will be the lowest weight I've been since I was about 13 so I'm planning to reward myself with these amazing boots that I've had my eye on:
Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 15.36.51.png

2. Club 10 (10st 8lb) by the end of October. My reward is going to be a spa day. I've got a voucher that I was given when I left my old job, just need to book it!
3. Goal (10st 3lb) by the end of November, and I guess by then I'll need a new wardrobe!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 15.34.28.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 15.34.28.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 30
Back