Dominoes' SW Diary

I absolutely love swedish princess cakes and usually get a slice when I pop to Ikea (along with a hot dog, it's mandatory!).

Love the boots, where are they from?

I absolutely love swedish princess cakes and usually get a slice when I pop to Ikea (along with a hot dog, it's mandatory!).

Love the boots, where are they from?

They're Kurt Geiger. I'm a bit in love. My scales this morning (and they're pretty close to the WI ones) are showing 11st 4. SO close!

Today's food:
B: magic porridge (hex b)
L: pasta and sauce, salad
D: spanish omelette
S: babybel light (hex a), pineapple for the cinema, wine afterwards (8 syns)

I've also got my three month review today. Scary! Hope it's all fine. But then I'm off to see Before I Go to Sleep with a friend and she's on SW too so we'll have to be good!

Good luck in the review, hopefully yours will go better than mine.

Resist the cake, it probably tastes like sprouts or something.

Thanks for subscribing!

I've managed to avoid the cake really well! The kitchen's the other end of the floor so I'm just hiding in my office. I've got meetings all afternoon so unlikely to get any then. I just want the review part over and done with. No idea how I'm doing and I swear they'll tell me I'm on facebook too much…

Review is over and apparently I'm doing fine! We mostly discussed ideas for improving my department and processes within the division so I've come away with loads more work!

Today's been a nightmare. I avoided all the cake at work and came home to two of my housemates baking cookies. So I've just had one and a half. That somehow makes up the 5 syns I had left today? :sigh:

Well done on the review! And yes, a cookie is just a reward for that. I wouldn't worry too much about it, you've probably burnt it off if you cycled to work today.

Haha I haven't cycled today but maybe biking home from covent garden yesterday was enough. The scales are 11st3 today. It seems to be falling off me this week!

Right, here's today's food:

B: magic porridge obvs! (hex b)
L: chicken and zero noodles from crussh
D: sushi (1 syn)
S: melon, yogurt, cupcake*

I've got afterwork drinks in Brixton (nowhere near where I actually work!) for people leaving/having birthdays and then I have to hotfoot it up to Mayfair for some fancy lawyer drinks for a friend's birthday. I'm not really sure when I'm going to fit food in and I'm so scared about syns! I think I can get away with spirits or not drinking at the work thing but Mayfair is almost definitely cocktails or wine/champagne. I think my plan has to be not drinking at work and max two glasses at the other thing.

*I'm just going to ignore that cupcake and get on with my day or it'll mess up my plans and I'll go off track. It was tasty but I won't be having another for a long time now!

Last edited:
Brixton's not that far from where I work (Denmark Hill)! Does the place you're going to in Brixton do food? There could be somethings on the menu that would work. Failing that sushi from m&s / tesco / boots is my fallback option when I need something to eat on the go.

Brixton's not that far from where I work (Denmark Hill)! Does the place you're going to in Brixton do food? There could be somethings on the menu that would work. Failing that sushi from m&s / tesco / boots is my fallback option when I need something to eat on the go.

I used to live in Denmark Hill! Way back before Camberwell was cool and trendy and had the overground!

The place in Brixton does food but we have a separate room so don't know if we can order stuff. That said I can't see anything I can eat and my colleagues probably won't eat anything (skinny publishing girls!) so… sushi it is! :D

I'm going to a friends tomorrow as a bunch of us are having a girl's night in (take away, alcohol, CAKE)... We've each been requested to bring a cake each, so I've just stood in the super market staring at all the lovely cakes :( x

I've got a similar problem this weekend. We've got a game on Saturday and then the after party (argh!) and then celebrations on Sunday after training (we're moving up to the rec league) and it's all cake and alcohol based. I'm so screwed.

Can you make a cake to take? You could use sweetener and low fat marg and at least then you could syn it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got an extra motivation to get to 11 stone by the end of the month! Kurt Geiger just sent me a 20% off voucher valid until 30 September. Those boots will be mine!

I managed to stay on track yesterday apart from half a scotch egg. I had two rum and diet cokes and a glass of wine and I was safely home and in bed by 10:30. I'm so cool!

Today is a bit trickier but as long as I leave early and stick to spirits I should be fine.

B: toast (hex b), peanut butter (4.5 syns! Never having that again!)
L: jacket potato, prawns
D: not sure yet, probably just pasta when I get home later.
S: baby bels and diet coke at the bout. I might even try not to drink this evening, we've got assessments in the morning but a friend is staying with me rather than trekking back to west London for the night so my leaving early depends entirely on her...

I managed to stay on plan Saturday apart from a few cheeky potato wedges and a bit of humous at the afterparty. Yesterday was a bit of a nightmare though. I had eggs for breakfast and then no other food all day apart from cake accompanied by alcohol. I feel horrible today and I'm actually off sick! My scales are showing 11st7 so I'm on the peppermint tea today and going to be super good to try and get that down for my weigh in.

B/L: going to go and make eggs in purgatory in a minute. Just have to force myself to get out of bed.
D: slowcooker pulled pork which I need to pop on when I get downstairs. Probably with wedges and veg/salad.

I was meant to go out for dinner but I'm just not feeling well enough today. I think I'm going to have to postpone til tomorrow.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling great, there's a lot of sickness about. Get lots of rest and keep drinking fluids.

Back