Errrm.. Alcohol???

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Lacurrie, 4 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Lacurrie

Lacurrie Full Member

I'm in my 5th week of SW and lost 11lb so far.. I went to club last night dreading the scales! I had a crazy weekend and drank so much! Beer, dbl vodkas, shots!! I was expecting at least a 2lb gain.. So I popped on the scales.. 2 1/2lb OFF!! Whaaaat?? How?? I drank my syn allowance and more! One of the girls at the club said "doesn't matter what you drink as long as you eat right" - which I did..
    What are your experiences with this?? It's the first binge since I started SW and I don't make a habit of it.. Was just v v v shocked!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. poppy81

poppy81 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.6lb(14.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The same thing happened to me, the weekends I go out and drink too much (way over my syns) I end up having really good loses...I'm in fear of it all catching up with me one of these weeks!

4. Curvygirl87

Curvygirl87 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    to be honest any time iv done sw in the past, anytime iv went mad n drank all sorts its never affected my losses plus i drink alcopops shots etc, now its not every weekend but whenever i have done it iv still lost if id ate right.. and at one stage i was at sw over a year and had occassions like that quite a lot! my friend is exactly the same.. some people r lucky :D

5. katty

katty Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i don't drink much at all, maybe once every two months. i went out on friday night and had about 70 syns worth of cocktails and a couple of corkeys shots. i stuck to the food plan 100% and stayed within my syns...just!! and lost 2lb, its my best loss for about 3 months. i think it must have flushed my system :)

6. Maverick

Maverick Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am scared this week cos I drank sooo much cider over the weekend. My eating wasn't horrendous, but I was away so eating out for most meals. I don't usually do too badly with the booze, but I admit I am scared tonight!!

7. zellka

zellka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    For me just looking at Alcohol puts on pounds, its my biggest downfall beside chocolate lol

8. Lacurrie

Lacurrie Full Member

I guess it's different for everyone! My friend says your only usually lucky like that once! Lol.. I've been very strict with my eating plan. I was pleasantly surprised! I've got an ale festival next weekend so hopefully I won't pile it on like I thought.. But I don't wanna be cocky!
    X

9. letsgetlosing

letsgetlosing Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Could it be to do with the fact that your body will burn alcohol first as a fuel....then food. So as long as there is a low intake of food calories, you may get away with it??
    Dunno. Dont work for me!!

10. x-tuesdayemma-x

x-tuesdayemma-x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    This has also happend to me :) however i try to stick to vodka and diet coke but never limit my amount haha i drink almost every weekend and havent gained any weight since starting the plan at the begining of february yay

11. vanilla_cupcake

vanilla_cupcake Silver Member

My 3 friends are like alcoholics and have lost just over 10st between the 3 of them in 6 months, they drink all the time and have fab losses every week, maybe I should start drinking too lol

12. Michael88

Michael88 Member

when i did it before i used to always have vodka n diet cokes on a friday night and it never used to affect my weight loss aslong as i ate right... there is nothing in vodka thats your best options i say :)

13. zellka

zellka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Oh hope you are right as its the biggest thing that I can see getting me off track, really do need a vodka fix even if only at the weekend :)

14. Amy2249

Amy2249 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Very interesting thread. I had always thought I had got away with it when having a lot is alcohol and still losing a couple of pounds. And looking back it is only when I have eaten badly that I have gained.

15. Lacurrie

Lacurrie Full Member

I drank loads (room spinning kind of loads- what an idiot!) but food wise I pretty much kept right on track! My mum said it might catch up with me at next WI.. But having a zero syn week this week.. So should still have a good loss!

16. ferretmom

ferretmom Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I did give up wine completely when I had to take antibiotics for 2 weeks & was hoping for a bigger loss.... but sadly still lost the the same 1/2-1lb each week.

17. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It varies for me, sometimes i get away with it, others i dont.

I cant get away with beer, cider or wine. Even 1 usually causes a STS

Vodka and barcardi however are never a hinderance!! I think its down to your calorie intake for the day and whether it clears you out or not the next day haha tmi? xx

18. lorraineA

lorraineA Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(17.06%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I have given up wine pretty much and now either drink gin and slimline tonic or vodka and diet red bull - so far so good!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.