Errrm.. Alcohol???

Lacurrie

I'm in my 5th week of SW and lost 11lb so far.. I went to club last night dreading the scales! I had a crazy weekend and drank so much! Beer, dbl vodkas, shots!! I was expecting at least a 2lb gain.. So I popped on the scales.. 2 1/2lb OFF!! Whaaaat?? How?? I drank my syn allowance and more! One of the girls at the club said "doesn't matter what you drink as long as you eat right" - which I did..
What are your experiences with this?? It's the first binge since I started SW and I don't make a habit of it.. Was just v v v shocked!

The same thing happened to me, the weekends I go out and drink too much (way over my syns) I end up having really good loses...I'm in fear of it all catching up with me one of these weeks!

to be honest any time iv done sw in the past, anytime iv went mad n drank all sorts its never affected my losses plus i drink alcopops shots etc, now its not every weekend but whenever i have done it iv still lost if id ate right.. and at one stage i was at sw over a year and had occassions like that quite a lot! my friend is exactly the same.. some people r lucky :D

i don't drink much at all, maybe once every two months. i went out on friday night and had about 70 syns worth of cocktails and a couple of corkeys shots. i stuck to the food plan 100% and stayed within my syns...just!! and lost 2lb, its my best loss for about 3 months. i think it must have flushed my system :)

I am scared this week cos I drank sooo much cider over the weekend. My eating wasn't horrendous, but I was away so eating out for most meals. I don't usually do too badly with the booze, but I admit I am scared tonight!!

For me just looking at Alcohol puts on pounds, its my biggest downfall beside chocolate lol

I guess it's different for everyone! My friend says your only usually lucky like that once! Lol.. I've been very strict with my eating plan. I was pleasantly surprised! I've got an ale festival next weekend so hopefully I won't pile it on like I thought.. But I don't wanna be cocky!
X

Could it be to do with the fact that your body will burn alcohol first as a fuel....then food. So as long as there is a low intake of food calories, you may get away with it??
Dunno. Dont work for me!!

This has also happend to me :) however i try to stick to vodka and diet coke but never limit my amount haha i drink almost every weekend and havent gained any weight since starting the plan at the begining of february yay

My 3 friends are like alcoholics and have lost just over 10st between the 3 of them in 6 months, they drink all the time and have fab losses every week, maybe I should start drinking too lol

when i did it before i used to always have vodka n diet cokes on a friday night and it never used to affect my weight loss aslong as i ate right... there is nothing in vodka thats your best options i say :)

Oh hope you are right as its the biggest thing that I can see getting me off track, really do need a vodka fix even if only at the weekend :)

Very interesting thread. I had always thought I had got away with it when having a lot is alcohol and still losing a couple of pounds. And looking back it is only when I have eaten badly that I have gained.

I drank loads (room spinning kind of loads- what an idiot!) but food wise I pretty much kept right on track! My mum said it might catch up with me at next WI.. But having a zero syn week this week.. So should still have a good loss!

I did give up wine completely when I had to take antibiotics for 2 weeks & was hoping for a bigger loss.... but sadly still lost the the same 1/2-1lb each week.

It varies for me, sometimes i get away with it, others i dont.

I cant get away with beer, cider or wine. Even 1 usually causes a STS

Vodka and barcardi however are never a hinderance!! I think its down to your calorie intake for the day and whether it clears you out or not the next day haha tmi? xx

I have given up wine pretty much and now either drink gin and slimline tonic or vodka and diet red bull - so far so good!

Back