Exercise pledge and support

Angie44

Silver Member
Ok finally got of my not so fat as it was backside to start training for a 5K which is a bit over 3 miles. Have worked out a 1.5 mile route and walked the first mile and jogged and walked alternate lamposts for the half mile. I am starting dancing lessons this week too.
So I thought maybe an exercise support thread may help people with whatever form it is they chose. Place a pledge and let us know your progress.

I pledge to stick with my running plan for a minimum of 3 weeks to see if I can form a habit.

Cross-trainer Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. 20 mins.

Gym 3 times a week. Exercise bike, treadmill and ab machine. Enjoy it too!

swimming every day - trying to increase on my laps that i do which stands now at 65 - cross trainer as well for 20 mins 4 days a week and increasing on sit ups as well, throughly enjoying everything at the moment

wow you are all virtual gym bunnies :D

8 minute workout each for arms, tums, legs and bums. And damn does it work lol. Gradually when it becomes easier, I'll repeat them.

Yasmine - can you see the difference from those exercises yet? Thinking of giving 'em a go

Yasmine - can you see the difference from those exercises yet? Thinking of giving 'em a go
Oh definetly, my arms have gotten smaller by half an inch, my waist by about 2 inches, my thighs an inch, my weaist 2 inches also. They are really good, do it for a week and you'll be able to see a difference. I did it for a week and I lost more weight when I went for my weigh in. You should also ask FatBrideToBe she's been doing them and she says she's seen a difference too :D.

Brilliant stuff, will definitely have to give them a go and fast-track the weight loss :) Thanks for the tip babe

Look up :) xx

Okay well that showed me how unfit I am!! Did the arm one and leg one - arm one was easy but the leg one left me gasping! Plus I nearly fell on the cat lol

Just bought a rowing machine so starting tomorrow with fifteen mins three times a week building up gradually. Figure a rowing machine is a good all rounder especially for my wobbly belly but am worried I'll put on too much muscle and slow the weight loss down

I pledge to do the 8 min workouts Tues and Thurs, Treadmill Wed and Fri.
Just what I need to get me off my backside, thanks for starting the thread. I have been putting exercise off and off all the time, but thats no, NO EXCUSES NOW. I will exercise.

*crawls in gasping for air* Just... did... fifteen... mins on the... cross-trainer... *dies*

OOh yasmine thanks for that link will use them on the days I don't run...I wanna be in such great shape for my 45th Birthday and all this will help. Rainbow you recovered yet lol?????

Well I had but then I've been sat here doing arm exercises with a can of asparagus soup (yuk) so now my arms feel like they're going to drop off lol

Back