Fern's Pregnancy Diary, Right From The Very Beginning!

Aww if you can try to eat healthily as possible, but don't deny yourself of a treat now and then, there's no reason why you should put too much weight on. I put on 17lb in total and lost that in under 2 weeks and am now 5lb below my original pre preg weight. I didn't start putting weight on until about week 22/24 I think so I'm guessing that I lost my own weight and gained baby weight during that time. Don't go overboard and you'll be fine and that size 10 doesn't need to be RIP, just on holiday ;)

Glad to hear the nausea has eased, although I know what you mean, as much as it's horrible to have at least you know it's a sign of pregnancy! Enjoy your christmas parties :)

Hello everybody! Well tomorrow i am 6 weeks. Even though it's still SO early, im so pleased to just be another week along. I feel like my body is so precious now, im terrified of doing anything wrong! Im getting som odd stabing pains very occasionally.. and lots of nausia, mainly in the evenings. I learnt to eat around the nausia this week, which meant i gauged when i wasn't feeling sick.. resulting in a 3lb gain! ah bugger..& actually eating food when not sick didnt help.. so i think il stick to water and very small meals this week coming!!

I can't do my work trousers up. Im certain just from major bloat. Its so hard though it looks like iv got a 12week bump today. Its all the white bread im sure. I hope it goes down over xmas so i dont look fat!!!

We leave for cornwall tomorrow, will be gone Thursday-Thursday.. so when i visit you next.. i will be another whole week gone!! yay! and just that ever litle bit closer to 12 weeks. Oh gooooooody! I can't wait, and i will have my midwife app too soon. Im looking forward to being 'officially' pregnant.

i so hope my baby is growing healthy in there, going strong. I have nightmares of nothing being in there at all!!!

I hope to able to pop on and check in with you all whilst away, but im not certain i'l be able too..

so wishing you all a merry christmas and a very fabulous new year for you *mwah*

xox

hello all!

well we got to cornwall on thursday, the manor house we were staying in got snowed off, so at the last minute we ended up being moved to another house, a further 3 hours from the 2 hr drive we we already had ahead of us. However, wev ended up in a multimillion pound house, you can only imagine what its like here, Amazing!! 3 reception rooms, 6 bedrooms all with ensuite.. stables.. the lot!
however iv spent every spare moment in bed, being sick. I feel rough as ****. im wearing sick bands, drinking gingerbeer and eating plain crackers and thats about it. Feeling a fair bit better than yday but iv got awful tummy ache and nausia still :(

hope everyones had a lovley xmas.. am trying to be as merry as i can but its difficult with your head down the loo! xx

Hey Hun sorry to hear you're feeling rough. House sounds amazing though! Hope you get to enjoy some of it at least. Happy Christmas x

Fernie...have you joined a birth club on Babycentre? I can't recommend it enough...it saved my sanity so many times when I had niggly little questions that worried me sick! *mwah*

Fernie...have you joined a birth club on Babycentre? I can't recommend it enough...it saved my sanity so many times when I had niggly little questions that worried me sick! *mwah*

It's great also netmums, you can meet other mums in your local area get feedback on local hospitals etc

Hope you're well XX

hey guys. Iv registered to babycentre and netmums! Thanks xx

Iv had an awful few days, as its quite long iv copy'd and pasted from SW section as i know some of you arnt from that part.

we left for cornwall last thursday, and id been struggeling with extreme nausia and a bit of sickness, some cramps etc.
that continued until xmas day, which i struggeled through. From boxing day onwards i was bed bound, throwing up, all sorts.. no headaches, just so much tummy pain it was awful. Everyone kept telling me it was just the baby. I knew somthing wast quite right though.. three days later, i finally convince joe to phone the local gp. He phones me back two hours later.. who then sends a doctor. They think the pregnancy is eptopic. Of course, by this point i was in so much pain, i was barely concious and whilst i was aware of what he was saying i could barely take it in. He takes me blood pressure etc and says its so low, Joe is to call 999 for an ambulance. Finally they arrive, were so out in the sticks it takes ages. Im rushed to hospital and put in a room with loads of other sick people.. i try to sleep and we have to wait 3 more hours to be seen. At which point my worst nightmare happens.. i literally have to be held down whilst they take my blood, stick drips in me.. and even inject my stomach. It was all horrific, i hate needles.. there was blood everywhere and the doctor couldnt get blood four times, so as you can imagine.. im pretty battered.

He sends me straight to maternity to be seen by the gynocologist (sp?) for an internal examination. . needless to say that isnt pleasent.. made worse when Joe casually gets up and i over hear him telling the nurse my blood is going back up into the drip back.. at which point i glance down and have a panic attack. Of course she explains its all because the drip bag wasnt held up properly.. but i dont care.. blood shouldnt be coming out of me in any case.

the gynae isnt satisfied and cant make any judgement from the internal, and so im wheeled down to a surgical ward for the night, where im hooked up to all sorts as my pulse keeps dropping and somthing about my blood pressure.. Joe is sent home and i have to just wait.

At some point in the night im woken twice, i swallow some tablets and more injections.. im so out of it.. they could have been dressing me in a clown suit for all i know. Im exhausted.

i wake up early morning, and *WARNING TMI* go to the loo, to what quite frankly had i been heavily pregnant.. i would have assumed my waters broke in that movie-excentric kind of way, i guess that the drip has just gone right through me.. i mention it to the nurse who laughed but said no more, so i didnt worry. However it gets worse and im literally pooing Pints. I mention it to the doctor who wacks me on another drip *horay..* and says its not right.. iv gotta do a bloody sample. Oh fantastic.

Im sent down for an emergancy scan, and after walking around in my jammies for ages before finally finding the early preg unit, im scanned straight away. She immediatly tells me the baby is fine, growing well, in the right place ,.. and has a heartbeat. She dates me at 6weeks somthing, so a few days behind what the docs put me at .. i am technically 7wks today based on last period, but as i was lucky enough not to need an internal scan, she can see all very clearly on my tummy, its not quite as acurate on dating as an internal. She lets me keep two pictures which im greatful of, which i then spend hours staring at. I cant believe there is really a baby, with a heartbeat, in my tummy.

She signs a discharge form and i prance back up to my ward happily, still painful but tell the male nurse (who looked after me amazingly well) who coooed over the lovley little picture of my uterus + blob .. that im going home. He then tells me that im not going anywere till theyv got to the bottom of the pains now that eptopic was ruled out. Fair enough i thought, but id already phoned joe to come get me.. who is an hour away. He gets there and stays till 9pm, (8hours later..) before being told by the new night staff i have flu and i can go home.. he then says, il be back in a minute.. and comes back 20 mins later dressed like the black plague has hit. Im not going anywhere, i have swine flu apparently. Great i thought. Joe panics, and im banished to my room, with a flipping comode.. how embarressing!

I havnt had a shower for 4 days by now, and im so sick of being in pain and no fresh air, i feel im pulling my hair out. I agree to stay and i go to sleep as Joe leaves, again. He takes scan pictures home and whilst ecstatic and almost in tears, tells me he'l be back soon. I fall asleep and the exhuastion hits again. The pain suddenly becomes really intense.. at some point im given more tablets, tamiflu.. and more injections in my stomach. Im so out of it i barely remember though. I wake up every half hour with severe dihorea.. and then followed by bringinhg up all stomach contents, and what ever vile i had left over for good measure. All that straining certainly didnt help.

Finally, i wake up and im given more anti-sickness, but they'r out of tablets so i have to take it through the drip.. which stings like a *****.. and makes me sick. :sigh:
A few hours later i genuinly begin to feel better, but everyones treating me like i could kill them if i breathe on them. I barely see anyone all day and i can kind of hear nurses and doctors talking about me, and it annoys me they keep referring to me as the 'eptopic'.. even after its been ruled out.

finally i see a gynae, a new lady.. 8 hours later.. she admits its all been a mistake, i clearly dont have swine flu and everyone has totally over reacted. I beg her to take the drip out and im finally allowed a shower. Thank god..

she signs me off and tells me to clear off :) she was lovley.. but admitted she'd been told id been sent home yesterday, which is why i hadnt been seen sooner.

Despite some error in judgement, had fabulous care. All the staff were lovley (excpet first male gynae and his metal devices.. he clearly hasnt got a vagina and so cant tell me it doesnt hurt:mad:) and im just glad to be home, im exhuasted and drained.. but me and this baby are OK.

I cant wait to get home to my own bed now, i miss my mummy!

xxxx

Hi Fern OMG that sounds awful what you went through, hope your feeling a lot better. Rest lots and lots and look after yourself x

Sorry to hear of your ordeal :( At least you know the baby is all well and in the right place. A silver lining to focus on :)

Oh Fernie, what an ordeal.

However now you know bubs is in the right place!

I also had a really upset tum for the first week I found out I was pregnant, and this week theres a lot of viral floating about in the form of tummy bug. I have one and was really dicky yesterday and day before but its clearing up.

Remember once you feel better to get your flu jag, it's really important when you are pregnant. Its up to you when you get it, but I would recommend it gets done.

Its good they fired you up on a drip with the amount of fluid you were using, and as for the backtracking blood it happens frequently in hospitals if the patient moves, the bags ran empty or the bag is lower than the vein. I know it looks horrible but its really nothing to worry about.

That all said and done, glad you're home and hopefull on the mend.

Much loves, Lexie XxX

Thanks hon! Oh yes the nice nurse did say it was because of that, but being that i was SO tired by now and had been stabbed so many times.. seeing blood just freaked me! lol

I will get the flu jab as soon as im 100%, must book my 8wk app tomo when they open! xxxxxxx

feeling much better today but food is just poo.. i ate 3 pots and some brocolie before giving up! lol xxx

Im eating ginger nuts before i get up, and giving myslef 15 mins extra to get up slowly.. the gynae said it would make a major difference to the rest of the day. I cant tell whether its true yet, as im deffinalt better, but could just be the bug clearing! xx

I must say I've been fairly "lucky" in that I don't feel sick in the morning, I feel most nauseated about 7 - 7:30 at night. And I feel hungover for most of the day.

Either way - if its the ginger nut, the extra 15 minutes or the bug clearing I'm glad you're feeling better :D

lexie i get it mostly in evenings also, i find baths bring it on - must be the warmth and getting up after lying down so long .. then i get so exhausted blow drying my hair!!

x

Sounds like the warmth. I can remember having a funny sick feeling back in august after a shower. Think i had it a little too warm plus no ventilation (in a shower cubicle rather than a bath) and it made me feel awful for an hour or so after.

Just need to maybe go a little cooler in the bath and perhaps have a quick blast of cooler water from the shower before getting out.

wow what an ordeal you have had! Sounds horrendous, but all worth it in the end, to know baby is fine and thriving! I had a similar experience with my firsts and was just great to know all was well in there. Hope you are resting and feeling better now you are home and have your lovely pictures to look at. Take care xx

2lbs off for me tonight, whoo :eek:)

had to buy work maternity trousers today. I didnt think it was very professional to be wearing trousers i couldnt do up working with kids!! lol..
they'r ever so comfy! but why cant you get work trousers with just some elasticy sides? i dont need over the bump yet! what a pain. But i got some size 10 cheap £12 jobbies from peacocks, whilst are still over the bump, they arnt falling down and man am i comfy! next stop.. new bras i think!!

my back is absoloutly killing me today. I wish i could still have physio and acupuncture right now! :( gotta wait till past 12 weeks and even then at £30 a time im not sure i can afford it anymore! *sob*

I had fun and games looking for a pair of smart maternity trousers. Eventually I found a pair in mamas and papas. They're not over the bump, and have elasticated sides that you can pull in to suit your size. Very comfortable. They weren't cheap, £35-40 from what I remember, but you may find something on sale. However if you're going to be wearing them often then I would say get whatever is comfortable especially if it'll last you through to when, or even after the baby arrives.

For your back, have you tried a back brace/belt? A friend of mine lent me one that you can get in mothercare (not the cheap piece of material but the £35ish belt/brace). I used it a fair bit when out and it really took the strain off my lowerback and also helped to take the weight of the bump off my pelvis which really started to ache in the last 6-8 weeks. Again, well worth the money if you're going to use it often!

Hi Fern

I got my maternity clothes of ebay. I just look up maternity clothes bundles. As you don't wear them for that long they're always in fab condition. You won't need loads of clothes. Also the long 'normal' tops, leggings still work or just get a bigger size up. I was all bump so it was only towards the end I needed 'proper' maternity clothes.

Also while you are working start buying things like nappies, wipes, cotton wool etc...if you spread it over the time you're working you don't need to buy it all when you're on rubbish maternity pay (obviously wait to after 12 wk scan) Also for baby clothes look at ebay for bundles of sleepsuits etc this can be after babbas is born.

These are just a few tips for saving the pennies. Obviously if you want/can afford everything new go for it. These are tips my mates gave me to spread the cost. To be honest I've so many clothes for both Ryan/Eryn that they may only wear it once or not at all. We bought our cot 2nd hand too & just bought a new mattress. I hope you don't mind me giving you advice like this, it's just so difficult financially & just want to be of help to you.

Hope that you are feeling better XX

Thanks for all the advise girls, I really really appreciate it. I will start looking for stuff after 12 wk scan.

I'm back to being sick again, 8times yesterday, twice through the night and 3 times today. I'm beginning to doubt my ability to cope and its making me very emotional. I'm tired but no matter how much I sleep it makes no difference, I can't sleep through the night and I can't stand being sick.. Nor can I afford the time off work.

Its all really getting to me today:(

Back