Fern's Pregnancy Diary, Right From The Very Beginning!

Fern you can get medicine form the docs if nothing else works. Safe medicine for pregnancy, go and chat to them. :)

i already have anti sickness from the hospital!
feeling delicate and lots of acheyness, but no sickness yet.

im liking icepops at the minutes *chuckles* xx

Just popped on to see how you were feeling today, if the sickness tablets have helped or if it' still horrible. :vibes: for feeling better

with my first pregnancy I threw up every day for 14 weeks, then couldn't bear it anymore and went to my GP in tears, she gave me anti sickness pills and I wondered why they hadn't given them to me before! They didn't take away the nausea but they did stop the vomiting. From about 19 weeks I felt 'normal' again. This time around been very lucky, was only sick a few times which I could deal with. Glad the pills are working, I know how awful it can be!

Omg Fern, you're up the duffer too! lol. congratulations! I've not been on in ages but am feeling the need to get on the sw wagon again! hope you're not suffering too bad with the morning sickness!

Julianne_julz aka cookie-monster XX

hey gorgeous! yeah me toooooo! lol, glad all is going well for you! xx mwah

1.5lbs off at fatclub tonight. so 10st exactly, 1lb under target. My c joked il end up at my lower target before i start getting big at this rate!
my book says my metobolic (?) rate speeds up to 25% in pregnancy, i thought that would be an extreme but im suffering shortness of breath (i have asthma anyways) which i wasnt expecting untill i was 'big' and had physical strain.. so i wonder whether my bodys working so ahrd, what food i am having is being worked off.

Not sure how long it'l last though!

its my birthday on the 26th, and im seeing the MW on the 27th! hopefully not long after till my 12 week scan.

Watched one born every minute yesterday, god did that woman make a fuss. Not that i under estimate how much it hurts, but bloody hell.

Just a note also- just seen an advert for a whole new series of gypsy weddings! eeep!!! lol

i got my 2nd assignment back from my childcare diploma level 3 course i started with stonebridge before i got my BFP. tutors are saying my work is of a high standard and im sailing through, she says i have every chance to get it all done and qualified before bubs arrived.. horay! xx

That woman was flapping about like a fish, she was really the extreme end of the scale lol.

Congrats about your work, you must work really hard. AND well done for the weight loss! Some people do sw and end up lighter by the end than when they got pregnant!

I haven't gotten short of breath yet, though the heartburn is here and oh yay its fun... er not! Your body is growing a whole (tiny) human so it will be working very hard and doing all sorts of odd things. I've only managed to stay the same weight so far because i had horrid nausea until week 15 and have had a 3week dose of flu among many other things. I'm starting sw tomorrow I have decided a day early. I dont fancy being a beached whale just yet! XX

oh no, its only morning sickness thats doing it ( or more like.. all day sickness!) id be pretty pissed if i were gaining this early, im eating like a mouse!!!

cant wait till im as far along as you, do you know what your having? x

Fern I totally recommend that "what to expect when you're expecting" book, I've learnt so much.

Breathlessness

Hormones. Hormones stimulate the respiratory centre to increase the frequency and depth of your breaths, giving you that out of breath feeling after nothing more strenous than a trip to the loo. They also swell the capillaries in the body - including those in the respiratory tract - and relax the muscles of the lungs and bronchial tubes, making thise breaths seem even harder to catch.

We are having a girl! Our scan was December 20th. I think second tri is the best bit. I just looked fat for a while but now I have my much awaited bump!

XX

Thanks lexie, i knew it wasnt just all in my head!!!

ooh a girl! congrats!

has anyone else been having really vivid dreams? .. iv dreamt every night for 2 weeks now, they start of normal.. then get quite sinister, usually revolving around sudden realisation of a massive lie, or death of children.. last night though i dreamt no one would let me see my baby (a baby boy called billy.. no chance!) and then i couldnt get the formula to mix properly and couldnt feed him, he wasnt making any noise and then i realised i hadnt been feeding him at night.starving him... and no one was listening or helping.. it was odd and a bit scarey!

:eek:( crappy dreams!

Dreams yes

I dream I miscarry, Social work have taken my baby away multiple times, because I a) didn't know enough lullabies b) failed a parenting quiz, C) Didn't know about PRE-NATAL toothbrushing. Clearly all ridiculous.

Not counting the one where I woke up as I dreamt I was dying and would get to meet our baby (I had to choose me or baby) and husband would be left alone.

Oh husband was taken into hospital and the nurses weren't doing a good job and hid him from me.

Oh and another one I could fly, and one of husbands friends had rabies and was trying to bite my feet and I was only JUST managing to keep my feet out reach of his mouth.

So aye, I appear to be mental when pregnant and asleep

hahah, i thought it was just me!

last week i had a dream that matt cardle (random!) killed two little boys.. (again completely random and disturbing) and then at the end of the dream we were getting on the plane and i was watching them wheel a layerd trolly full of dead people and children wrapped in cling film on to the plan.. how ****ed up is that!?

really not liking these vivid dreams.. its all so odd! and they all have a disturbing side to them, whether it be as bad as the matt cardle dream.. or generally fear for baby, babys life.. cant find baby.. that sorta stuff! x

It's just your brain dealing with the anxiety of baby arriving. Mines center around my baby being taken off me/being found unfit or some sort of illness or accident preventing me or husband from being around for baby. Normally nightmares are your brain preparing you for stressful situations and trying to explore outcomes so you are prepared for them.

I know its irrational preggy brain trying to work through things when you're asleep but still disturbing.

Hello my darling! Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations! I knew you wanted one and your wish came true! I'm so pleased for you!

sending love to you OH and "baby bailey to be"

xxx

Hey all.
Sorry iv been a bit absent, had so much going on with my mum being poorly etc.

Things were really picking up and i was begginning to feel much better.. however yesterday i had a funny turn at work and ended up back in hospital.. i just started throwing up (id taken my anti sickness!!!) and then a rash (non-blanching) came up on my face and eyes, everything went blurry and i got really dizzy, started shaking and went really cold.. luckily two mums i work with are doctors so led me down on a mat and called an ambulance, she said my pulse was regular but weak and my blood sugar was far too low.. the paramedic said my BP was also quite low, which is what had happened at christmas.. but he does say babies can make your bp go all funny.

by the time i got to hospital i was getting much better, was much more aware of what was going on etc.. bloods and wee samples were fine, so they sent me home.

im at home now, trying to relax.. im all sniffley and flemmy- gross!

hope im better my monday! xx

Fern start carrying about something high sugar for situations like this, dextrose sweets from Asda/Chemist are good - basically compressed icing sugar (I used to use them at derby) and a can of full sugar pop.

Not ideal nutrition wise but better than taking a full hypo.

Aw Fern, yeah babies do funny things... definitely have some sugary snacks handy and chow down as soon as you feel even remotely odd. Hope you're feeling better now.XX

I'm 25weeks plus now, yippee. Still only gained 3lbs... my midwife was amazed lol. Its nott like I have been dieting, unless Dominos pizza is now syn free!! I gained 2stonne by now with my son so 3lbs is nothing!! I have a recent thing for fresh fruit I just want to eat it all the time. And cornflakes lol. XX

Back