General: Week starting Mon 31st July

Hi wemitts,
This is the third bliddy attempt at replying on this thread since this afternoon GRRR 1st time I wasn’t logged in and the 2nd time my lappy crashed just as I clicked on post if it doesn’t work this time I think I will just sthqueam and sthqueam until I’m thick! (said in best Bonnie Langford voice)!

♥ Debbie, lmao @ your putting the cat in the bathroom to kill the spider *think I may consider getting a cat*

♥ Barbara, I hope you warm up soon hun, and well done on getting stuck into the garden. Great news about your neighbour noticing your fab weight loss, that must have felt great!

♥ Sharon sweetheart, well done on reaching the target you set for yourself of getting to the weight you wanted before meeting your friends, I can’t wait to hear about their reactions when they see you, they are going to be blown away! You look fantastic in your most recent pics, they are gonna be so impressed.

♥ Isobel, I don’t blame you for being phobic of spiders, I wasn’t that bad until a few years back in our old flat when one jumped on me!
I swear you have never seen pandemonium like it and I don’t think anyone has ever jumped out of a nightie so quick either, haha I was screaming and swinging around the bedroom like a woman possessed! Luckily I was thin at the time or I might have done myself an injury lol

♥ Victoria, hope you have a lovely time with your hubby – he is gonna fall in love with you all over again when he sees the fabulous transformation in you, hope you have a really lovely time together xx

♥ Jazzy, lmao about the fruit bowl incident. I did something similar – I aimed the yellow pages from a great height at a particularly big and meaty spider and then not convinced that it was actually dead (and that it might somehow lift the pages off itself seek revenge) I also piled 2 heavy catalogues and a bar bell on top for good measure! I still didn’t rest easy until Peter came home and I hid in the kitchen until he had disposed of the squished monster!!!!
Sending you a big hug and hope your tootsies feel better soon xx

♥ Kam, where do you get all your energy hun? And would you like to sell me some haha.
You have been a busy lady today, I am exhausted just reading about it!
Hope you have a lovely night xx (well done on the next size 16) – *wolf whistles.

Well I haven’t had a great day, the sun was shining again today so all the chavs across the road were growing restless, the usual nonsense ensued drinking, swearing, general vandalism and ugliness … GRRR I hope an acme tonne weight falls on them from a great height (much like in the road runner cartoons, meep meeep)!

Oh no,l I think I may have finally lost the control of my tiny little mind.
Quick somebody call the men in white coats, (Hey Isobel will you fancy them too, or is that just Asda shelf stackers and coppers hun)? lol xx

Hope all wemitts have a really good night, will try to post again tomorrow xx

Last edited:
Evenin' all!

Well, I thought it was going to be an uneventful day but Steve phoned at about 1pm and said he was going over to the Island (Isle of Wight) and would Sophie & me like to go? Couldn't turn down the offer of a trip on the hovercraft so off we went. Had a great time and stopped off at Southsea funfair on the way back for a game of crazy golf.

Unfortunately, it meant missing my weigh in so I still don't know if I've dropped down into the 13s. I made an appointment with my CDC to pop in on Tuesday at 5.30 so I'll just have to wait til then.

Sharon - Your weight loss has my jaw dropping girl!! Not just into the 12s ... but rapidly heading for the 11s - awesome! Don't worry about the weather for your trip to Hayling ... this is the South!! The sun always shines here! ;)

Jellybabe - Do you live close to Hayling as you used to visit there? Your dad was right about the traffic: each end of the day during the rush to get on and then to get off again is horrendous!

Jazzy - Well done on the 2lb loss bringing you up to a FANTASTIC 100lb!! I'm so inspired by people like you and am honoured to be following in your wake!

Victoria - Can't blame you for the two bars ... they're so scrummy (which two did you succumb to??) I'll learn from YOUR example though - don't fancy a dose of the trots!! Enjoy your time with hubby tomorrow :)

Kam - For someone who was anticipating a boring day, it sounds like it was pretty action packed! I had to chuckle about your description of your hair - get yourself some 'Frizz-ease'. I had to use it when we went to New Zealand. I thought it would be a good idea to have my already coloured hair permed before we went. The intensity of the sun in NZ (with the hole in the ozone layer directly above it) just turned my hair into a glorious yellow candy floss! There are two reasons why, out of the 500 pics we took, I'm only in three of them .... 1. My weight and 2. My woolly 'nylon' barnet!!

Irene - How are things going with the diet? Have you been to see your mam lately?

Hope I've remembered everyone - big hugs to those I've inadvertantly left out.

Debbie x

Hey Everyone

Just thought I would post here as well as the meet thread. Jury's Inn has its £49 rooms available for that weekend.

I am thinking about staying Friday and Sat night...if anyone wants to share a room with me let me know!

love

"Isobel, I don’t blame you for being phobic of spiders, I wasn’t that bad until a few years back in our old flat when one jumped on me!"

Lol Mrs T - you should have seen me leap 10foot across a room when a flying cockroach had the audacity to crawl onto my foot on hols once. I never knew I could fly before! ahahhahahahaha

"Quick somebody call the men in white coats, (Hey Isobel will you fancy them too, or is that just Asda shelf stackers and coppers hun)? lol xx"

Ooh white coats - YUMMY! I love a good butcher too! LMTO!!

love

Morning Wemitts

Well apart from the fact only 2 of us turned up last night and my hair was a frizzy mess! I had such a good time!! Luckily the one person that turned up was a really good mate of mine. We ended up in Caffe Uno having chicken caesar salad which I could eat all of it was huge! Had a little over my 790 limit. We chatted for ages and time flew so quickly before we knew it we were being hinted at to leave!! 'here's your bill'! big hint!!
Today should be alot less hectic! Sophie has got a birthday party to go to which I have to drag the boys along to as well......their not happy but I can't leave them at home for that long. Might chuck them in McDonalds on the way to cheer them up! Already had major strops from Sophie about what I want her to wear!!!
Have a good day Wemit's one and all!
Kamilla x

Hi WeMITTS

Sharon, you were right, I did mean you I spotted my boob and thought I had edited it almost immediately though, never mind you knew who I meant. Have a fantastic time.

Victoria, I will have to get me one of those Hubbie things – they do have their uses I suppose.

Jazzy, LMOL about your flat mate and the poltergeist, she must have thought you were a right loon finding the tower in the morning. Congrats on the 2 pounds lost, less of the “only” though, its off and not on and its gone for good. You are the same as me know 100 pounds gone (Fab, well done), feels great doesn’t. Ooooheeeeeerrrr about the toilnail, squirming in my seat at the thought of it – your poor feet at least its summer and you can wear flipflops without totally freezing your toes completely off – hope you are not in to much pain today.

Kam, I am exhausted just reading about your busy day, now I knew there was reason why I didn’t have kids. Love your multi coloured postings. My hair is always dry – have your tried the Kerastace products from the hair dressers I would def recommend them. Or a cheaper alternative would be to put olive oil on your hair before you wash it, wrap it in cling film and if you can be bothered wrap hot towels round it for a while – works a treat.

Mrs T, You must be counting the hrs to get away from the eejits across the road, hope everything is still going through as planned. Have planned your move with the louts in mind and have got someone who will stand guard over your bits and bobs as you load your stuff up or you will get to the new place and find half of it gone.

Debbie no never lived close to the sea but Dad loved to go to Hayling Island, even through I am sure there were closer beaches. I do frequently dream of a sandy hot beach front property, with long white flowing curtains blowing softy in the breeze and no one on my beach, the sound of the sea gentle coming and going (snaps out of dream reluctantly). Unfortunately born, bred and still living in Surrey just outside London or if you believe and go by the local papers its now officially in London.

Still really cold, even my nose is getting in on the act now – come back sun I need you…

Did most of the front garden lost night but ran out of the strimmer string (don’t know the technical term for it). So still have to finish the back garden off and an intsey bit of the front garden. My hydragena (sp?) is about a quarter of the size it used to be as I have removed all the dead bits and OMG there were snail shells all over the place – it looked like a cockle factory. Can’t abide slugs or snails they really make me heave.

Going for a walk up to the shops in about 15 mins to get some more stimmer string and window shop a new place that has just opened up – no point in going in as I am stoney broke this month and can’t go to the Rock and Gem show this weekend either – always spend way to much money there so it better not to go.

Seem to have verbal diarohea today, doesn’t help that I am bored rigid with the work I have to do…

Sorry if I missed anyone, but hope everyone is having a good day

Hi guys,

Irene, yep the house move is still looking good for tomorrow, we are going to set off really early ,hopefully before the nutters across the road have surfaced for the day!

We can't wait! I can't say I am looking forward to all the hard work involved, but it will be worth it!

The worst part is that I will be without internet connection for 2 weeks :eek: I am gonna miss you all so much I could just cry!
Don't work too hard in that garden, and I hope you start to warm up v soon!!!!!

Kam glad your night went well, I would recommend schwartzcopff (sp?) hair serum it works wonders on my hair which is really thick and unruly, and its not at all expensive .

Isobel, lol what are you like! I shall keep a beady eye out for a hunk of a butcher (although I'm not getting my hopes up lol).

I will try my best to log back in later (v busy day ahead of me) but if I don't manage to get back in I will be back in approx 2 weeks time *gulp* I will miss you all sooo much!:(

Love you all loads, xxooxx

Mrs T....thanks for the hair advice. Really need a good trim but really trying to grow it longer and hoping to put cut off for another 6 weeks! Which is like hell to me as normally get it cut every 6 weeks and haven't now had cut for 7 weeks! blah, blah, blah!

Jelly....thanks for your hair advice too! Hope you've warmed up abit. Much quieter day today....dragged kids to a 2 year olds birthday party sons 13 & 10 not amused! So sent them off down the road for Mac Donalds. Tempted to go as well as party was very quiet only 2 kids turned up! How rude to say your coming then not turn up!!! My poor friend had gone to loads of trouble cooking lovely food etc....

Looking forward to snuggling up on the sofa and watching a good film tonight with hubby who is being amazingily lovely to me atfter massive heart to heart the other night. Feels like the good old days remember why I fell in love with him in the first place now! Please don't all start vomitting! just feeling loved up and wanted, its a very nice feeling!:D

Right better cook kids tea......I HATE COOKING!! :p

Kamilla xx

Hi all

Jellybabe, I know exactly how you feel about the snails. I hate the garden for this reason, it seems that all of the local creepy carwlies have set up camp out there. Including the dreaded eight legged fiends which take it upon themselves to build webs from one side of the garden to the other. I don't go out there any more and literally open the back door for a couple of seconds at a time to letthe cats in an out. It's looking so over run now though and I think it may be time to cal in the experts and get them to sort it all out.

Mrs Tweedy, hope your move goes well tomorrow. You deserve a bit of peace and no one should have to put up with the neighbours from hell. Good luck.

Kamilla, awww. Enjoy your evening. There's no better feeling.

Anyway, no problem with my toes, no pain etc. Had to go to the docs to have my dressings changed this morning and the nurse was not very gentle with me. She just ripped off the old dressings without a care in the world. She has now put iodine dressing on and this has all seeped through the plain bandages and now I have bright orange big toes :eek: I look really stupid. Plus she has said that I have to keep them on til Monday. Don't know how I am going to shower and wash my hair. I keep telling myself that it's only for a few days and I will have to put my head down and get on with it. I have to go to work tonight and I know there is going to be some ribbing from my ever sympathetic colleagues. Oh well, never mind.

Hope everyone has had a great day and enjoys the weekend.

Jazzy x

Oh Jazzy your poor feet. Iodine is amazing stuff though! works a treat try not to get the dressings wet stick some clingfilm round your toes tightly that should protect them while you shower. I remeber when I was in the Navy and based with the Royal Marines in Poole. They all went off on exercise and came back with blisters like I've never seen before they were huge! Anyway, we had to dab iodine on them OMG the screams were awful! so much for tough Marine types! *Sorry to those talking about hunky men in uniform the other day!
Evening has been totally ruined by gang of yobs that decided to break youngest sons bike, nick his football and pin eldest son against a wall saying they were going to beat him up! while they were at the park earlier came back very shaken and tearful. Oh what lovely kids! :mad: Both boys snuggled up on the sofa with hot choc and biscuits watching a film now. I'm furious! :mad:
Kam x

Evening ladies, how r u all doing !!
Well i am doing ok was pretty busy today so did not find much time to log on.
Have started taking metformin as of today presribed by my doc and was told it will also help with my POCS as well as my problems with low blood sugar, also got told off by my doc for not taking my water tabs, werw prescribed to me long time ago and have never taken them for more than 3 days in a row, and the only part of me which is slim which are my figers and my hands are now fat and puffy due tomwater retention, so it is my own fault, so am going to make a consious effort to take them every day.
Went to SW last night and they were all very nice, have to stick to the red days and i have to have a low gi diet,and as well am a carb addict big time.
I have got my head round the idea that i am not going to lose weight so fast compared to ssing but i can still lose a srone a month by eating a low gi diet so be it.
Thanks for all the support, going to catch an early night,
sweet dreams, sleep well xxxx

Hi wemitts

Kam - What a terrible thing to have happened to your boys!! God I hate bullies :mad: I remember whe the biggest worry as a parent was your kid being abducted but now there's traffic AND the fear of them being bullied and worse - badly hurt - by OTHER KIDS!! What on Earth has happened to the world?? I'm so glad they've got a loving, caring mum they can snuggle up to.

Mrs T - Good luck with the move: you must be so excited at the prospect of leaving the banjo brigade behind and starting a new life. We'll miss you terribly over the next two weeks: come back ASAP won't you! :)

Jazzy - Glad you toe is on the mend but OUCH! And what a cow that nurse was! Most nurses are lovely but I swear there are some who would put the Marquis De Sade to shame!

Earlier today I took Sophie and my niece to town as they've just opened a 'Subway' and were giving away free 6" sandwiches and a drink to every customer. There was quite a queue but we persevered as I'm a sucker for anything 'free' (must be the Scot in me!). I love Subway - the smells are just gorgeous so it was a bit of a torture standing in there: I even got *my* free one and took it home for Steve. How's that for willpower!

We sat in the Falkland Gardens overlooking the harbour to eat lunch and watched the boats and ships going in and out (the aircraft carrier HMS Illustrious had just come home). I had a bottle of water and a cranberry bar. What ARE those little gravel-like knobbles in them? I don't mind but I'm worried I'll crack a filling trying to break them down!!

Later on, I went to my sister's (she lives in the next road to me) and we decided to book a big family break for the half term in October to Wassenar in Holland. There's a big theme / water park there called Duinrell. We went last year and you never hear from the kids ... you actually stay in a mobile home IN the park itself so the kids are either on the white knuckle rides or zooming down some flume or other.

And talk about reasonable prices !! We're going for five nights in a 2 bed caravan and it's costing £158 per caravan (ferry fares included!!) There will be 15 of us (us, my sis + family, my eldest + family and daughter #3 plus boyfriend) in four caravans. Watch out Wassenar - we're 'a comin'!!

Catch you all later

Debbie x

Morning All,
Well what a night! Ollie hardly slept at all and is very quiet today I think yesterday has brought memories of him being mugged a year ago. Toby is ok but also very quiet. My Mum is coming over to take them out to lunch later with my nephew that is down from Yorkshire for a week. They always have a really good time with her so I hope they do today. Police phoned to see if they are ok which was nice and will pop in later to speak to them both.
Debbie....I'm one very angry Mum but not at the boys they did the right thing and just came home as soon as they could.
Isobel....have a good day!!!
Off out with Sophie as soon as boys go out thought I'd take her to see the bunnies & ducklings at the park along with a bag of bread.
Have a good day all! Kam x

a big family break for the half term in October to Wassenar in Holland. There's a big theme / water park there called Duinrell. We went last year and you never hear from the kids ... you actually stay in a mobile home IN the park itself so the kids are either on the white knuckle rides or zooming down some flume or other.

And talk about reasonable prices !! We're going for five nights in a 2 bed caravan and it's costing £158 per caravan (ferry fares included!!) There will be 15 of us (us, my sis + family, my eldest + family and daughter #3 plus boyfriend) in four caravans. Watch out Wassenar - we're 'a comin'!!

Catch you all later

Debbie x

WOW - that's brilliant, Debbie - did you book it online? Is there a website? I'd love to have a look at it if there is!
love

Hey Wemitts

I hope you're all having a super Saturday!

Kam - I was thinking about your poor boy last night - bless him - hope he feels better soon!

Back