General: Week starting Mon 31st July

Hi wemitts!

Lol @ the kids, it always makes me smile to hear about these things, it reminds me of my nephews (cute as buttons but they can't half argue)!

Hope everyone is having a good day?

Well done on the unintentional ss Kam, hope you enjoyed your hot choccy. xx

♥ Deb, haha @ Kofi Annan comment! You are a loon. xx

Well not much happening in the tweedy household, except for a very dramatic incident this morning involving a spider, an empty can of raid and a screaming mrs T (and a very unappy sleepy mr T having to do the dirty deed and rescue me) haha

ooh err I just re-read what I have typed, when I say "dirty deed" I mean disposing of the creepy crawly for me of course - so get your filthy minds outta the gutter ladies!!!!! :D

Well must go and straighten my tatty head! lol back later xx

LOL Mrs T .... that really made me chuckle!

Reminds me of a time we had a spider in our bathroom that would have had King Kong running in terror. I swear it even had tattoos on it's arms!!
I screamed and shouted for DH. He came boldly to my rescue like the knight in shining armour he is until he saw the size of it ....
"No ****ing way am I tackling THAT" was his comment if I remember rightly. So in the end we got our cat, threw it in the bathroom and quickly shut the door!

There was a lot of crashing and banging and I worried for the poor cat quite frankly. When it quietened down and we thought it was safe, we gingerly opened the door. Out strolled Poppy with spider-legs hanging from the corner of her mouth so we knew it was 'mission accomplished'.

Bunch of wimps eh? ;)

Debbie x

Hi everyone

A very very cold WeMITT here, I am sitting under two air con blowers in the office and we have no way of shutting them off - feel like going out and trying to buy a hot water bottle I am so cold (but I guess they are all packed away by the shops to make room for the sun tan lotions etc):(

Shocked myself last night got home from a hard days graft at the ocif:rolleyes:, normally I flop on the sofa for an hour watching Angel (love that guy) but I went straight to the shed and got the strimmer out to attack the 5ft+ stinging nettles - I can still feel the stings today. The back garden is levelled all I need to do is gather it up and strim the tufts of grass growing thing the crazy paving. If it doesn't rain I may attempt the front garden tonight:eek: .

One of my neighbours, not someone I know that well stopped me last night and asked how I had lost so much weight, she said I looked great for it :D and then asked how much I had lost, now to me thats a bit personal, apart from you few;) and my CDC I have stopped telling everyone how much (not even my Mum knows), so she got my set response "loads". She seems a bit disappointed when I said Cambridge and said she had done it before years ago and said she was going to WW and would continue doing it - hey I wasn't trying to sell her cambridge - she asked. Strange reaction but the compliments were morale building - perhaps thats why I got the stimmer out:eek: .

Going to make myself a hot strawberry shake and sit here with my hands on the mug for a while whilst sitting on my feet (now thats something I couldn't do six months ago, not without cutting the circulation off and losing the leg:eek:

Kam well done on the accidental SS, sorry can't help on the keeping kids occupied, when I used to look after my twin nephews I just unashamably(sp?) used blackmail, holding MacD's or sweets over their little heads and if they were good they got one if not they didn't - worked a treat.

Hope everyone is having a good day

G'day Wemitts! (nah - I haven't gone all Antipodean on you .. I just thought it made a change from Wotcha! :) )

I never know whether to post on this thread or the DH one these days - so will probably end up doing both. I dunno - how easy it is to confuse a stupid person! :rolleyes: I still update my DH thread on a daily basis (well, it does help me to look back and see how far I've come on my journey), but I still can't quite get into the new-look format there ... and, besides, Minimins is such FUN!!! :D

Mrs T and Debbie - I never thought anything to do with spiders would make me laugh but your stories both have. Debbie's story reminded me of when I was on my own at home and spotted a HUGE spider strolling around my living room floor as if it owned the place. I immediately grabbed my cat and literally launched the poor moggy at the blessed thing! Moggy eyed Spidey .. Spidey eyed Moggy .. they both mentally shook hands, tipped their hats and went their separate ways leaving me shrieking at the poor bewildered cat to "Kill it! Eat it!" DO SOMETHING!!". I ended up spending the entire night cowering in the bedroom until hubby came home - by which time both Moggy and Spidey were nowhere to be seen and had probably gone out for a pint or something :rolleyes:

So what's happened to the blinking weather eh? I'm off down to Hampshire for the weekend (Debbie: I'll blow you a kiss on my way down to Hayling Island :) ) and only have summer clothes to take with me. All my winter/warmer stuff has been either chucked out/given to charity shops/sold on ebay now .. so it had better improve or I'm gonna be one freezing WeMITT all weekend.

At least I achieved the target I sent for myself - last time I was away with this group of friends was in early March (2 weeks after starting CD) and I was 17 stone exactly. I vowed to be around 12 st 7 lbs by this weekend .. and today I'm 12 st 6 lbs. Yeayy!!! :D Mind you, by the time I get back I won't be seeing 12.6 again for a week or so .. ho hum! :rolleyes:

I hope everyone's having a brill time and going great guns - I'm just so damn proud of you all .. and even prouder to be a WeMITT. Once a WeMITT, always a WeMITT eh? :D

Oooh .. I've just updated my weight tracker thingy and seen that I've now lost 80 lbs exactly. Another mini-milestone! Yippeee!!!

Whoohoooo- Sharon - blimey! You've lost the equivalent of my Morgan!!!! And she's a big girl for 7!!! Very well done, matie - that's fantastic!!!!

love

Sharon, I have very fond memories of Hayling Island as a child we went there when ever we went to the seaside. My Dad (Rest his soul) made us get up at some ungodly hour so that we could be nearly there before most of the traffic started and then we had to leave really early to beat most of the traffic back home. I used to hate leaving early in both directions but now as an adult I can completely understand why - no-one wants to be stuck in traffic with 4 screaming and fighting kids.

I hate spiders, I used to get my dog Tazzy to eat them when she was alive, unfortunately none of my 5 cats are that interested, they may flick them around a few times but usually end up just sitting staring at them or walking away with total disinterest - now moths thats a different thing altogether, they spend hrs chasing them making that funny little yak yaking sound as they play, that and the mouth open smiley look they get after they have smelled one anothers bums never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Sorry ladies - btw - I have a gazillion spider stories but I can't bear to recount them cos they make me feel so terribly sick. Am phobic with a vengeance!!!! lol

sorry hadn't finished, (oops put wrong name) Sharon congrats on making it to your goal, enjoy your break. Wow are your friends going to have a shock if they havn't seen you since March.

Hope everyone else is well and happy

Isobel1965 said:
Whoohoooo- Sharon - blimey! You've lost the equivalent of my Morgan!!!! And she's a big girl for 7!!! Very well done, matie - that's fantastic!!!!

love

Wow! When you put it like it it really puts it into context. Thanks honey! When I next see Morgan I'll have to pick her up to see what it feels like to hold the amount of weight I've lost. How weird will that be? :eek: :D

Jellybabe said:
they spend hrs chasing them making that funny little yak yaking sound as they play, that and the mouth open smiley look they get after they have smelled one anothers bums never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Oh I remember my cats making that sound! I don't have any now as unfortunately I became allergic to cat fur - and I miss them all still :(

RIP Misty, Muttley, Bubbles, Zebedee, Rocky, Rusty, Boots and (most of all) Daisy (I didn't have them all at the same time .. I'm not quite that mad! *lol*)

Jellybabe said:
Debbie congrats on making it to your goal, enjoy your break. Wow are your friends going to have a shock if they havn't seen you since March.

I think you might have meant me, honey .. although Debbie's doing great too! :D And, yes, I can't wait to see their faces when I walk in either *giggles*

Good afternoon WeMITT's

SHARON: WELL DONE!!!!!!! Thats fantastic I am so happy for you, hope you have lots and lots of fun this weekend. 12st 6 is fantastic and your friends will be amazed I am sure. Have fun and enjoy the lovely comments!

BARBARA: Hi. Glad to hear you are doing well. Sounds like a lot of hard work that strimming - I hate gardening so shy away from anything like that. I like watching hubby garden though LOL

KAM: Sounds hectic in your household. Well done for SS yesterday - even if it was unintentional. Hope you are doing ok otherwise.

DEBBIE: Your spider story had be laughing, having met you both I just had this mental picture which made me laugh. (of course you were slimmer that when I saw you in my mental picture LOL)

I am doing ok....just plodding along on SS. Had a few problems yesterday that had be running to the toilet, I think it was those two bars that I ate (learnt my lesson that one!) Will not be doing that again - couple of diocalms and all is well today.

Seeing hubby tomorrow so looking forward to it!

bye for now
love

This thread is great, not only can I share my weight loss journey with you all, everyone also understands the dreaded Spider phobia. I hate them and really freeze in terror when they are around. I have two cats and not only are they not interested in drawing swords with them one of them actually bought me one as a present and plopped it down on my lap. Poor thing, I wonder how I will get that cat shaped hole out of my wall???????:D I joke but I did scream and jump up quicker than a shooting bullet and beloved moggy legged it and hid for a good couple of hours. I used to share my house and one night this monster of a spider was scuttling across the floor. It was about 1am and flat mate was in bed so I was all alone with the pesky thing. I grabbed the fruit bowl off the table, threw the fruit onto the floor and stuck the bowl over said offending creature. Breathed a sigh of relief and went to bed, but while lying in bed I managed to convince myself that the thing was sooooo big it would be able to lift the edge of the bowl up and escape. The bowl was a big glass one and I needed to use two hands to pick the thing up. Anyway I had to get up to rectify the situation and proceeded to pile 20 videos on top of the fruit bowl. My flat mate the next morning thought we had had poltergeist activity during the night. I think she thought about calling he Docs in when I explained. She moved out not long after that!!!!!! Now I really am left on my own to deal with them and I have managed to get quite a good aim with the shoe, although I really feel guilty about killing them but at the time my thoughts are always "It's you or me".

Roch, I just wanted to say how impressed I am with your determination. I started off on CD weighing only slightly less than you, 25st 5lbs and completey understand how you were feeling. You can do it. You seem to have the right frame of mind and you will soon see those pounds dropping off. You go girl.

Sharon, well done on reaching your goal. Your friends will be so amazed at you.

A huge well done to all other Wemitts, who never fail to keep going with such determination and support for everyone.

Had my weigh in this morning. Only a two pound loss this week but I'm not worried because it is my add a meal week and this tends to kick start my system again so high hopes for next week. Also that two pounds means I have lost 100lbs exactly... Woo Hoo. I also got my hands on some of those lovely new bars... They are to die for, tested them at CDC's house. Looking forward to sitting down with a whole one tonight while BB is on.

Also had to have my toenails removed this afternoon off of my big toes. I went thinking they were only going to do one and they nicked the both of them!!!:eek: Needless to say I felt very sorry for myself and cried like a baby, more to do with the injections than anything else.....needles, another pet hate of mine. So now I am back home and can't feel my big toes. I must look a sight walking. I look like I have had a very nasty accident!!!

Anyway, ramble over and I hope everyone is having a great day today. Here's to the next litre of water.

Jazzy x

Oh what a day!

Sharon....oi skinny slow down and let your roomie catch up! Only joking well proud of you! :) Oh have a nice weekend...I thought it was Vodka one! silly me.
Jazzy....curling my toes at the thought poor you. :(
Debbie....thay made me giggle I can just imagine Steve saying that as well! Not a massive spider fan either loads around at the moment. But Sophie loves them so without screaming I ask her to pick them up and put them down the loo! She thinks its really funny watching them spin round as they are flushed away! Only thing is she has started finding bugs everywhere and putting them in the loo have to check now before sitting down in case one crawls back up and bits me bum!....not that they'd miss it!:eek:
Victoria....I bet your soooooooo excited about your hubby coming back. OMG will he reconise you! Have a great time....suppose we won't hear from you for abit!!!;)
Isobel....nice nap????
Mrs T....I do find on those occasions when no one around to save me from our 8 legged friends or do I mean enemies! I sing...no laughing.....incy wincy spider! pick it up ands flush it.....not with my bare hands but fab spider vac we have!
Sorry if I've missed anyone...
Well, watch a day! I've done some gardening, clean all the windows, changed the beds, done some writing pratice with Sophie (3) YIPPEE she can now write her name! Ollie (13) went to cinema with a mate, Toby (10) sat on Runescape in peace for 2 hours and did his homework! (now I need to add photos and correct it)! bathed the dog, stuck loads conditioner on my hair as it is looking like a haystack! made jam tarts with S & T.....then tasted half to see if it had cooled down and burnt the roof of my mouth! serves me right! Now sitting on here waiting for kids tea to cook before getting ready to go out tonight with Mums from playgroup. OMG I'm going to wear a skirt! size 16 as well from Next sale! :D right nuf said!
Have a great evening all.
Kamilla x

Irene...LOL the busiest day I've had in ages!
Hoped 5 hours of conditioner on my hair would turn it silky...nope still like straw! I think I'm going to have to have the chop! :( Too much using those blasted straighters! Not going to use them for a while anyway BIG hair is back in fashion and boy is mine BIG!
Better get ready.....xxx
Kamilla x

P.S Love to Cat.

Back