Genuine people

Hi all, am really paranoid that people may thing these type of things about me :( I have swapped diets plans since January finally landing with SW (Which although I may struggle a little at times is by far the best!) I change my mind about my meals so may write what I'm thinking i'll eat in one post then a different meal in my dairy (I'm lazy so don't always follow my own plans) I have also mentioned my family very briefly & there can be times when life is crazy (I have 3 children - my eldest and youngest are both disabled) but this is me... I don't lie & I find this site a massive support, sorry if that was TMI but I prefer to be an open book x

Sorry forgot to say I take everyone as truthful, never heard of a troll before either although this is the only forum I use - made me slightly dubious now :( x

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok ok I confess, Im not hurtling head first into my 50's with over 4st in weight to lose, I'm really only 25 a size 10 with boobies that point forward and not a tache hair in sight.

Seriously tho having been "online" for over 12 yrs and been a moderator for forums/sites since 2001 I don't think theres much I've not seen/heard from fake pregnancies/miscarriages to fake illnesses including cancer, and even fake deaths, as with every part of life there are the good, the bad and the downright weird.

It beggars belief that someone would go out of their way to make up such lies. All I can say is they must have real problems (between the ears) to do so.

Heh, I don't think the OPs intention was to start a witch hunt and I don't think it would be helpful or productive to be speculating. No-one needs to worry "Were they talking about me?" because if you have been yourself, then there is nothing to worry about. Some people do have lives that to others may seem unusual or dramatic, compared to your own, and people shouldn't start getting all paranoid and overthinking this.

No, sorry i definitely didnt want to start a witch hunt. I just hope that the 'trolls' (never heard that before) read this post and think before posting.

What an interesting thread Tara. Certainly sparked some debate!

Yes, I do think some posts are attention seeking - I even posted one myself recently, mainly because I was feeling good about myself and wanted to share :), however, there are many more I've seen in the past which are very "questionable" in my opinion.

We have two choices, we can reply or not.

I have been on here for a good while now and I don't post as much as I used to, although I do have a quick read each day - it does depend on how much time I have.

As for genuine people, there are some on here who I consider very good friends (you know who you are!) and I would hope they are as genuine as me, I'm sure they are. There are some who you just know will not stick around and there are some who just don't get it (SW) which is fair enough.

Overall, I do love this forum and the people on it, I especially like "off topic".

I'm a fairly private person, you won't get warts and all from me, but I am genuine and I do care about the SW diet and try to help as honestly as I can :)

I mainly come on here to reference something, look at recipes and to help others if I can. I'm aware that sometimes I'm a bit too irreverent with my posts but I mean no malice, mostly I like to see the funny side of things.
So far I haven't needed alot of support as I also have other friends doing SW.

However I do wish that the people asking for opinions on things like food diaries actually asked themselves the question "Do I want other peoples opinion on this or just a pat on the back" because sometimes you take the time to read evaluate and give a considered opinion only to get a rather sharp (rude and abrupt) reply, and you realise they didn't want opinions after all!

Shirleen said:
However I do wish that the people asking for opinions on things like food diaries actually asked themselves the question "Do I want other peoples opinion on this or just a pat on the back" because sometimes you take the time to read evaluate and give a considered opinion only to get a rather sharp (rude and abrupt) reply, and you realise they didn't want opinions after all!

I think this was the OP's point Shirleen!

actually my friend had a problem with someone on fb who had used a pic of her little boy saying it was hers! she went mental(as you would) and called the police who actually investigated, they ended up round this girls mothers house(couldnt find the daughter or something) and had to tell her that her grandson wasnt real. anyway the mother spoke to my friend on the phone and apologised, as her daughter obvs had some sort of mental issues! but the point is that there are plenty of weirdos out there and they could be your own family! lol xxxx

actually my friend had a problem with someone on fb who had used a pic of her little boy saying it was hers! she went mental(as you would) and called the police who actually investigated, they ended up round this girls mothers house(couldnt find the daughter or something) and had to tell her that her grandson wasnt real. anyway the mother spoke to my friend on the phone and apologised, as her daughter obvs had some sort of mental issues! but the point is that there are plenty of weirdos out there and they could be your own family! lol xxxx

That is actually sick :flamingmad:

I'm not sure if I'm real or a figment of my imagination, I genuinely don't know, hmmmmmmmm

I am real and love this site i used to belong to another site not weight related and there were alot of trolls - just dont feed them

I know i can be attention seeking at times and peopel probably roll their eyes when they see my - right start again posts lol but i genuinly appreciate all the help everyone gives

I've kept up to date with this post and as a new member, I'm now a little paranoid about posting. So far, it's been great in helping me get to grips with the plan and meal ideas and general help.
I don't think I've been attention seeking as such, just very conscious that it's a very different way of eating than I'm used to. I hope I haven't come across as a pain as I really appreciate the help and guidance that I've received.

I've kept up to date with this post and as a new member, I'm now a little paranoid about posting. So far, it's been great in helping me get to grips with the plan and meal ideas and general help.
I don't think I've been attention seeking as such, just very conscious that it's a very different way of eating than I'm used to. I hope I haven't come across as a pain as I really appreciate the help and guidance that I've received.

Please don't think the OP was being personal. You don't need to worry about posting or asking questions, we're all here to help - most of us want attention at some point, especially if we are feeling low or are doing well, but most of us just want to offer support or advise each other.

There's no need to worry. :D

Please don't feel like that, thats not what this forum is about and if everyone feared about posting, then there would be no forum and we would lose the massive amount of support we all give one another. I think on the whole Minis is the most genuine forum I have ever been on, I haven't personally seen anything that would set my alarm bells ringing;)

You are not a pain, the purpose I imagine of this forum is a place where larger folk can come and chat, offer support, seek advise, laugh, cry, share success and failure, recieve a pat on the back or a kick up the ar5e as the case maybe. I see it as a haven for my indulgence of trying to climb on the weight loss wagon, I have done it once and I put that success down to this forum, its only when I stopped visiting this forum, that I reverted to bad habits:sigh: I don't always want to discuss my weight with my family and un-virtual friends as they make get fed up of me banging on about it, I also don't like people on the outside know what I am upto, or they may expect greater things from me then I can achieve, if I feel any pressure, I throw the towel in. Anyway, now I am rambling and starting to look like a troll:eek::8855:

Don't go, post away, stay, learn, laugh and most importantly start to feel good about yourself when you see the results:cool:

Personally, i'm as fake and as false as they come. My real name's Shirley but I pretend to be a bloke for the attention I crave;)

This is one of the better forums!

Some of the forums I inhabit have more trolls than the Billy Goats Gruff ever encountered!!!

As someone posted earlier, that might say more about me than anything:)

Shirley Knott (a.k.a. Steve)

I sometimes think people are fake on here, and that some 'bleat' on a bit about x, y and z a little too often.

Overall though when i am down in the dumps this site picks me up if i post asking for some support. I am convinced if i didnt have this site i would have given up on SW this time round.

I am real - what you see <<<< is what i am (although my double hand on hips are pretty posed - i am pulling myself in with clever imagary trickery!!!) look though - there are my red bikini pants on the floor! on the balcony !!!! haha! :)

I have also made some lovely chums on here - and some who i have met (and some i am planning on meeting) in real life. I also have friends who post on here who i know in real life too.

I do sometimes hold my opinions in sometimes for fear of being accused of being an opinionated whatnot. Other times i dont have the 'hold' and say what i think. If people dont like it - block me/dont read it.

This is a public forum and there is always gonna be a minority who abuse the genuine folk out there.......x

I find this an excellent forum and the folk are lovely and supportive, but very occasionally I wonder if there is the odd wind up thread, but you get that on all forums.

By ungenuine, do you mean the kind of OP that has you banging your head off a brick wall, flogging a dead horse etc? I think I got caught on one of those threads recently. Must be why we have those smilies available LOL

Back