Giant Jaffa Cake :D

making this this afternoon :)

something has gone horribly wrong!
there seems to be too much jelly, it doesnt sit flat at all, and there isn't enough chocolate to anywhere near cover it. what on earth did I do wrong?

I havent checked yet, but it probably tastes great (I am a food presentation disaster). maybe I should have just used half the water?

something has gone horribly wrong!
there seems to be too much jelly, it doesnt sit flat at all, and there isn't enough chocolate to anywhere near cover it. what on earth did I do wrong?

I had exactly the same problem!! I made it tonight and it was patchy, jelly showing through everywhere!! I'm not knocking the recipe, the photos showed that it can look amazing, but mine looked like a 5 year old did it!! Any tips? How do you get the jelly to lie nice and flat?X

im makin this tonightm iim going to make my jelly on a lat tray then cutt it out and make it double the concentration. im makin small ones

That looks really yummy. I might make that today. To cut down on syns I think I might grate chocolate over the top (or melt & drizzle it).

Thanks for that recipe, just the sort of thing I need!

I had exactly the same problem!! I made it tonight and it was patchy, jelly showing through everywhere!! I'm not knocking the recipe, the photos showed that it can look amazing, but mine looked like a 5 year old did it!! Any tips? How do you get the jelly to lie nice and flat?X

I had the same problem too. The chocolate sort of sunk into the jelly. I am not a good cook! :8855:

Made it and it was lush.
photo1.jpg

how did you do your jelly? did you put it in one lump from the bowl on top? Did you do it fully or partly cooled? How much water and how many sachets of jelly was it? What chocolate did you use? did you add milk/water to stretch it out? Was it from a bar, or as in cocoa powder?

sorry i should have said how i made the jelly
i used a silver foil dish ... the type a pie would come in to make the jelly but didnt use the full amount of water as it wouldnt have been as orangey i jus guesstimated the amount but how high the jelly mix was rising in the dish as i didnt want it to be too high

someone asked about chocolate .... first time round i used tesco plain chocolate but it wasnt too nice so i went straight for bourneville the next time it was lush

but i was thinking today that maybe the terrys dark chocolate orange would give it even more orangeyness lol ( lol i make up my own words )

xx

I made my jelly on a lap tray with a rim but didnt let it set enough so had to patch it together
and for the choc i used half milk, half plain of smartprice chocolate

when ever I have done it I have always used half quantity of liquid to jelly except I used orange juice to give it that tang like real jaffa cakes have usually used 1/4 pint of boiling water to disolve jelly then top up with the OJ till a bit more than half a pint. I then lined a shallow dish/casserole lid/cake tin with cling film then poured in the mixture and left to set
When set I placed the flan case upsidedown on top of my round shallow dish then holding both the jelly dish and the flan case flip over best to put a plate on the bottom of the flan to make it easier, remove the dish, the cling film just peels off leaving a perfect circle of jelly in the centre of your flan case :) not sure about the chocolate because I always topped it with choc angel delight and then sprinkled grated choc on top you could do similar with quark and options but not tried it

:bliss:It looked so awesome when I saw this earlier that when I reeaaaallllllyyyy!!! fancied something sweet I suddenly remembered some small flan cases in the back of the cupboard and that lonesome dark lindt bunny i've been hiding from my kids. Guess what I'm making!! Funnily enough the craving lapsed as soon as I started making it hmmmmm?

That looks so delectable!! And really good syn wise. Yum!

Made this for taster tonight - went down a treat!

Wow! this looks fab this one I will be trying, might do it when i have a special occasion, thanks wee doll

What would be the best chocolate to buy to have the lowest syn value per serving be? And also would any jelly be suitable or do some have a syn value? Thanks

I'm planning on making for taster day next week. Can't Wait!

Back