Helping you set your recommended amount of calories...

I am chef84 faith...linksi thank u! U and me a befriended! There is a guy called heyballes mail him and he will run your numbers for u if u need help. ;-)

Lol ... Now I put a name to another name :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lost 1.5lbs! Next stone bracket :)

That's with a takeaway, a couple of yummy bits at the Cheshire food festival and a full carvery!

Hi I'm new to this thought I'd post and join in. I've worked out I should be having 1586 calories per day that's with the 20% off does that sound right? I did an online calculator on a weightloss website it said I needed more but I took off 20% thanks x

Hey bubblesbubble, yea that sounds about right-think most people will get between 1400-1900 so yea :)

Weight today 142lbs (1lb lost)
Neck 10" (0" lost)
Waist 29" (1" lost)
Hips 36" (0" lost)
Started 27th November

Really happy with that!
The reason I weighed today is cause I have a bad habit of weighing every day so I'm gonna throw the scales out today and not weigh till after Christmas! But I'll be taking my measurements once weekly on a Thursday! Gonna be hard without a scales! Never not had one!!!

Thanks so much for posting this, it's exactly what I've been searching for!

I have just finished a VLCD food-replacement diet (yes I know, tut tut tut etc.!) and am hoping to maintain and hopefully lose a little more with CC and MFP.

So comes the leap of setting the calories. It really is scary after years of brainwashing that the less cals/food the better, isn't it? Can I really eat more AND lose weight?!

I'm wondering what counts as lightly active, or moderately active? I suppose I'm afraid of setting my cals too high!

I kickbox two nights a week, and brisk-walk at least 20 minutes a day with the dog and baby. On the days I don't kickbox I try to do the 30 Day Shred, say 4 days a week. Reading this, I suppose that's really Moderately Active? Obviously this activity level will drop over the Xmas holidays so I presume I adjust my daily limit accordingly?

Ok, so my Lightly Active TDEE -20% is 1562. My Moderately Active TDEE -20% is 1761. I'm really scared to eat 1761 cals each day! Eek! Because I'm on my refeed week, I'm still quite reduced cal, so I won't be starting to eat my recommended cals until next week.

Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions, just very new to this and after finally getting to a healthy weight I have this fear of ruining it all and piling 2.5 stone back on. Yes, it's an irrational fear!

I have just finished a VLCD food-replacement diet (yes I know, tut tut tut etc.!) and am hoping to maintain and hopefully lose a little more with CC and MFP.

So comes the leap of setting the calories. It really is scary after years of brainwashing that the less cals/food the better, isn't it? Can I really eat more AND lose weight?!

I'm wondering what counts as lightly active, or moderately active? I suppose I'm afraid of setting my cals too high!

I kickbox two nights a week, and brisk-walk at least 20 minutes a day with the dog and baby. On the days I don't kickbox I try to do the 30 Day Shred, say 4 days a week. Reading this, I suppose that's really Moderately Active? Obviously this activity level will drop over the Xmas holidays so I presume I adjust my daily limit accordingly?

Ok, so my Lightly Active TDEE -20% is 1562. My Moderately Active TDEE -20% is 1761. I'm really scared to eat 1761 cals each day! Eek! Because I'm on my refeed week, I'm still quite reduced cal, so I won't be starting to eat my recommended cals until next week.

Sorry for the rambling post and so many questions, just very new to this and after finally getting to a healthy weight I have this fear of ruining it all and piling 2.5 stone back on. Yes, it's an irrational fear!

Don't worry you're not alone ... I think we're all scared ..!! But I'm gonna take this leap and give it a go x

squishymcfatterson said:

Hug

Tam Xx

Squish how long u have been in the vlcd??

7 weeks in total. 5 weeks, then a break of calorie counting for 4 weeks (with weight loss!) then a final push of 2 weeks.

After your refeed... Don't up your cals straight! Every week a bit more till your reach your cals goal u want to be in order to lose weight! ;-)

are said:
After your refeed... Don't up your cals straight! Every week a bit more till your reach your cals goal u want to be in order to lose weight! ;-)

Hummm maybe that's where I went wrong.... I was on for 7 months then was back on food after at 1200 then been bouncing around from there to 1600 the last month

Tam Xx

Ok great, thank you! Will do that. Appetite is so small that I definitely couldn't manage the full amount yet anyway!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

What i do like to c squishy is that u do the kickboxing and the shred! You building lean body mass. But u need to eat up. Also watch your protein...so more so better. I eat about 100-150g a day. (don't forget to drink up too) If u build muscle so better.... More muscle=more cals burned in resting state. This is what we want ;-)

What i do like to c squishy is that u do the kickboxing and the shred! You building lean body mass. But u need to eat up. Also watch your protein...so more so better. I eat about 100-150g a day. (don't forget to drink up too) If u build muscle so better.... More muscle=more cals burned in resting state. This is what we want ;-)

I think it's ace too ..!!!
I workout three days a week and to Sod all the other days .. I do work as a nurse which is energetic :)
Think I need to find time to up my gain ..
Squishy gonna use you as my inspiration :)

Thanks for the reply hutchie seems like quite a lot of calories for a diet will see where it gets me 1200 did nothing x

Hehe I go to the gym every other day I do 20min cardio then 70mins weight lifting and sit ups. I'm hopeful that going today will up my mood I always feel better after a good burn.

Tam Xx

Your gym is fab too ..!!! 70 mins ..?????? You do more than I do ... I do a resistance n cardio class 1 hour per week abd two runs a week at 3-4 miles a time :-(

Back