If at first you don't succeed....

I stuck to plan but didn't report back here and put one on.... I'm obviously doing something sneaky and avoiding here.
Again, back to it!

I did nothing for mind, body and spirit last week and I think that might be why this has happened!

Monday 21st February 2011

Breakfast
Banana and coffee (with skimmed milk)

Lunch
cous cous and veg curry followed by yogurt and tangerine

Dinner
beef in gravy, mash, veg, three yogurts (oops!)

Healthy A
skimmed milk

Healthy B
none

Syns
none

Mind, body, spirit
I wrote out a massive to do list, and I mean MASSIVE!, and have ticked off one or two things. I got myself a little upset about having nothing to look forward to or no real reason to get to goal other than just wanting to....then all of a sudden, out the blue I was invited on holiday in September to Costa Del Sol- That immediatly put a spring in my step, work became much more bearable (I even voluntarily stayed late) and I got home and gave the other half a big hug (he'd done the housework which desrved a hug), I made us a nice healthy dinner, I did one or two things off my to do list, now I feel less guilty about sitting on my bum playing on the laptop

Last edited:
Tuesday 22nd February 2011

Today was a bit of a binge day...

Breakfast
Banana and coffee

Lunch
Cous cous and veg curry followed by yogurt

Dinner
Fish fillett, pea and mint puree, syn free chips. Canned mackerel.

Healthy A
Skimmed milk

Healthy B
cracker bread

Syns- total 15.5

Bowl of cereal- 5.5
Doritos-10

Mind, body, spirit
I didn't do much at all really to help along the mind, body and spirit. I got home and didn't start the tea immediatly, then had to go back out to tick off one or two thing off my "to do list" which then resulted in me getting home late and then eating tea really late, by which time I had gone into starvation mode and was ready to eat the world. I made no time for myself or for clearing out the clutter of my life as I had intended to do, instead I ate, watched a DVD and played on my laptop- not good!

Last edited:
Wednesday 23rd February 2011

Breakfast
coffee and banana

Lunch
Savoury rice and yogurt

Dinner
Salmon fillet, cod fillet, brocoli followed by yogurt and lots of berries and grapes

Healthy A
Skimmed milk

Healthy B
wholewheat cracker breads

Syns- 2
Ainsley Harriot risotto (apparently 2.5 syns for 100g and I had 60g so going to count it as 2)

Mind, body, spirit
Did nothing off the to do list today. But did spend time with friends and for once (in a very long time) I got home, cooked the tea immediately and ate at a reasonable hour, watched some TV, went out with friends, got my food shopping in and came home- usually in the week I'm straight into the PJs. I am off work next week so I've made a point to myself that I must do more with my time. I am staying with at a friends this weekend who is featured often in Manchester news as she is a big business apprentice and quite high up in Manchester Airport marketing management- anyway, she is brilliant at time management ang goals and structure and planning and making the best out of your time and your life so I can't wait to sit with her this weekend and absorb some of that from her

Last edited:
Thursday 24th February 2011

Nothing to see here- but I was a good girl!

Last edited:
Friday 25th February 2011

so I've not filled in today and everything was going well, I did go out for a meal

Last edited:
Saturday 26th February 2011

stayed at a friends and let myself down in the process

Last edited:
Sunday 27th February 2011

and the carnage continued

Last edited:
There's no escaping now... I have to fill it in!

Monday 28th Feb 2011

I stayed the same, I have mixed feelings as thats now weeks of staying the same and I've stuck to plan and used syns of a weekend....this is clearly not working.

I need to introduce a new section to my diary

Breakfast
randomly....pasta and passatta

Lunch
canned spaghetti

Dinner
salad, bolognaise, pasta, balsamic vinegar

Healthy A
cheese and milk (half and half)

Healthy B
wholemeal bread

Syns- total 13 (ouch!)
half tablespoon of olive oil- 3 syns
garlic bread- 4.5
cereal- 5.5

Exercise
I tidied my house from top to bottom, didn't sit down from the moment I got up until about 6pm

Mind, body, spirit
I feel much, much better for having a massive clear out of my house! I can just get up and do more productive things now rather than worrying where things are. Also, this is the part I am most proud of, I batch made about 7 syn free dinners for the freezer. This means no more grabbing a quick, high syn dinner, when in a rush.

Last edited:
I'm a bit worried about what today will bring as I'm off to Blackpool, one of the junk food capitals of the north west. We're eating out in blackpool and I'm pretty sure that it will be something along the lines of fish and chips, I hope somewhere does a healthy option without it causing trouble for everyone else who is going with me

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs, beans, bacon

Lunch
mushy peas (yes, only my side order at lunch was syn free, the rest of the carnage is listed below)

Dinner
mackerel and salad vegetables

Healthy A
milk

Healthy B
3 nimble bread

Syns
- (oh dear, oh dear, oh dear)- 30! (oh crap) fish and chips- 17.5
bread-3.5
butter-2
2 whole meal bread- 7

Exercise
went on a 2.5 mile walk

Mind, body and spirit
it was good just to get out with friends, even if it was in blackpool with junk food. The intention, however, is to have very few syns for the remainder of the week. The syn situation made me really upset at first, however, there are some people who use all 105 syns each week and so far this week I've only used about 45 so I'll try to just be as good as possible now and fill up on lots of free food!

Last edited:
WEDNESDAY 2ND MARCH 2011

BREAKFAST
No breakfast- oops!

LUNCH
Savoury rice and vegetable curry. Pudding rice (made with water and sweetner so it's syn free!)

DINNER
boiled rice and syn free chilli (using turkey mince) with a great big crunchy salad

HEALTHY A
cheese
HEALTHY B
crackerbreads

SYNS

EXERCISE

MIND BODY SPIRIT
I did something a little crazy and I cut my own hair. I fancied a change so I thought, why the hell not! Also, I had a major exfoliation session, I love the feel of my skin after that and it also improves the appearance of my skin- lovely!

Last edited:
Monday 7th March 2011

BREAKFAST
banana and coffee

LUNCH
cous cous and chick pea dahl. Followed by fat free yogurt and banana.

DINNER
Gammon, potatoes

HEALTHY A

HEALTHY B

SYNS

EXERCISE
Walked to work

MIND BODY SPIRIT

Not feeling great, stayed the same again. All my fault just not sticking to anything and being bad all the time, particularly on a sunday when my partner gets in from football, he's always starving so he eats everything and I follow his lead! It's getting boring hearing it now I am sure but I really am going to try my absolute bestest this week. More exercise, sticking to free foods and super free foods as much as possible!

Last edited:
I am somehow back exactly where I started with my weight....I am really starting to wonder if slimming world is right for me
I lost loads on weight watchers, but I did feel deprived.

I'm going to give it one more week, following slimming world and exercising and carrying on with my mind, body and spirit journey
if I don't see some quite of shift I'll go back to ww!

Monday 21st March

breakfast
(porridge- healthy b) berries, banana, kiwi

lunch
home made carrot, onion, tomato and lentil soup. Fat free yogurt, berries and satsuma

dinner
more carrot, onion, tomato and lentil soup. gammon steak, potatoes, mange tout, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms. Banana, satsuma and fat free yogurt.

healthy a
skimmed milk

healthy b
porridge at breakfast

syns
None

exercise
walked up and down my stairs 11 times continuously. Not major exercise, I know, but I will get to a daily active thing soon

mind body spirit
So I put on 6 pound this week. I'm not really upset about it mind, I'd stayed the same for so long that I am pretty certain that I'm definitly not meant to be this heavy and I will up back at 14 stone 11 again....its just getting lower than that where the problem starts. I gave my kitchen a massive clean and I bought LOADS of fruit and veg. I am strictly following the third of the plate rule now, for every single meal!
I am a little embarrassed about the fact I was doing extra easy, totally ignoring the third of the plate rule....and I have definitly corrected that today. I've eaten so much fruit and veg and I'm sure I can get rid of the weight I put on this week. I just want to lose much, much more than that.

Last edited:
Meal plan for the rest of the week

Tuesday
Breakfast- fruit and yogurt or cereal
Lunch- veg soup, fruit, yogurt
Dinner- salad, tuna, egg, baked potato, cottage cheese

Wednesday
Lunch- veg soup or salad, fruit and yogurt
Dinner-chicken casserole, potatoes loads of veg!

Thursday
Breakfast- fruit salad or cereal
Lunch- butternut squash chips, veggie curry or salad
Dinner- spag bol and side salad

Friday
Lunch- tuna salad
Dinner- tuna steak, home made ratouille, veggies, syn free chips

Saturday
Breakfast- beans and tomatoes on toast
Lunch- ?
Dinner-?

Sunday
Breakfast- beans on toast
Lunch- ?
Dinner- veg mash, syn free roast potatoes, loads of veg, pork steak

Last edited:
Tuesday 22 March 2011

breakfast
Banana and apple

lunch
carrot, tomato, onion and lentil soup. Fat free yogurt with berries and kiwi

dinner
tuna, egg, jacket potato, salad,cucumber, tomato, onion, cottage cheese

healthy a
milk

healthy b
porridge oats

syns
syrup 2.5

exercise
none- oops!

mind body spirit
Feeling positive I'll shift whats been put on and now I'm doing the third of the plate rule I am guessing that I should start finally seeing some movement rather than staying the same and then gaining everytime I slip. I just need small consistent losses

Last edited:
Wednesday 23rd March 2011

breakfast
fat free yogurt and clementine

lunch
lettuce, cucumber, onion, celery, tomato, tuna, egg and cottage cheese. banana and fat free yogurt

dinner
chicken breast, carrot, swede, celery, oxo, sage done in slow cooker and served with a small/medium portion of mashed potato

healthy a
milk

healthy b
ready break 2gm

syns
golden syrup 2 syns

exercise
Half hour walk at lunch time around the park
walked home from work
hour of aerobics (12 routines- aim of 18 this week)

mind body spirit
Really pushed the boat out with the exercise today and feel good for it. I've also booked an appointment with a health visitor at my local GP surgery for lifestyle classes on portion sizes and exercise thats good for me (I have a really bad hip problem which restricts me from some kinds of exercise alot of the time). I am totally organised with work, which is great and my fiance is cooking us a syn free spag bol for tomorrow night so I can relax (he never ever cooks tea...ever). The spag bol tomorrow has loads of veggies in it but I'm still worried that not a third of my plate will be superfree so I'm going to have some courgettes on the side, my fiance can just have a big mound of it on a bed of pasta.
things are looking up, I'm confident everything is going to plan

Last edited:
Thursday 24th March 2011

breakfast
fat free yogurt and clementine

lunch
Home made superfree soup. Fat free yogurt. Apple.

dinner
Spag bol. Although there was loads of veggies in it I am going to have a third of my plate bulked up with tomatoes, cucumber and onion. Cottage cheese

healthy a
Milk

healthy b
Cracker breads

syns- total 46 (total syns this week so far 51.5)
Croissants- 10.5
Fries- 17
Apple pie- 13
Quavers- 5.5

exercise
Walked to work and back

mind body spirit
Okay, so there was a syn problem yesterday. BIG TIME. But I've hardly had any all week and I am determined to always tell the truth on here now rather than binge in secret. Anyway, my reason for the syn binge was because my friend and I met as she had some awful news to tell me and she decided to get a feast of food in for us while she told me. There was also burgers and chocolate on offer which I declined- but I think I did enough damage with what I ate anyway!
Even so I am still within syn allowance for the week so I'm not going to let myself get upset about it- at all!
Plus I have another 6 routines to do on my exercise plan that I have which will help shift some of the awfulness! And best news of all I have been signed up for 12 weeks at my local leisure centre (for physio therapy for my hip) but I can use the swimming pool and gym whenever I want so once that comes through I will definitly be taking advantage. Perhaps next time my friend needs to speak with me I will suggest meeting at the gym rather than hers!

Last edited:
breakfast
banana, fat free yogurt

lunch
left over spag bol with tomatoes, celery and cucumber. kiwi and clementine

dinner
Tuna steak, butternut squash, potato, canned tomatoes, courgettes onions, mushrooms, mange tout. banana.

healthy a
milk

healthy b
fruit and fibre

syns-
None- thank the lord! after yesterdays carnage!

exercise
walked home from work
30 mins of aerobics (6 routines taking me to the target of 18 this week)

mind body spirit
feeling very tired....too tired to even type anymore

Last edited:
Back