cereal

syns- total 5 syns (5 this week so far)
gravy- 1 syn
yorkshire pud- 2 syns
stuffing- 2 syns

exercise
walked to work

mind body spirit
lost the 6 pound I put on- thank god. So I am using my 5 syns for the day on tasty additions to a roast dinner.

Last edited:
Tuesday 29th March 2011

breakfast
fat free yogurt and banana

lunch
turkey chilli, with lots of veggies, butternut squash syn free chips and a small portion of brown rice. Fat free yogurt to follow.

dinner
small jacket potato, tuna steak, boiled egg, cottage cheese with a mountain of tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber and onions

healthy a
milk

healthy b
ready brek

syns- total today 2 (total for the week 7)
syrup- 2

exercise
walked home from work

mind body spirit
got my slimming world on referral form today. Watching supersize vs super skinny and feeling very sad. Its so easy to get big, I find myself thinking, I could probably eat the same amount as some of these supersize people...thank goodness I know when to reel it in and never allow myself to get really, really big. But even so, I must continue on to goal!

Last edited:
Wednesday 30th April 2011

breakfast
tomatoes, mushrooms, 1 tablespoon of beans

lunch
turkey chilli, brown rice, butternut squash, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, salmon, cottage cheese

dinner
1 chicken breast, potatoes, courgettes, mange tout and carrots

healthy a
dairylea

healthy b
nimble bread

syns- total today 20 (total for the week 27)
so juicy (quarter of the packet)- 1.5
bread- 12.5 syns
other bits- 6

exercise
lots of housework

mind body spirit
Had a flood in my house yesterday so didn't end up in work and ended up really upset and ate a bit more than I should, as you can see

Last edited:
I've started my weight chart all over again. I'm still getting weighed on a monday but at a different time of day now (17:30 in class). Evenings weights will be more so rather than it look like I've gained I'm just starting again on the chart.
starting class again tonight and I'm nervous- mostly about driving there alone and parking up as I'm a really nervous driver

Good luck for your first new WI. And don't worry about the parking - I am terrible at parking and just tend to abandon my car wherever I can!! x

Its been about 4 months since I was last here.....you'll be pleased to know I've not piled weight on- however, I've not really lost anything either.
If you'll take me back, I promise to be good this time!
I was putting off starting this again every single week because every week there was one day where I knew I had something on that would mean I looked like I eat too much on my first week back on it- but I've decided to just do it, just share what I'm eating and take advice from you all.
This weekend is planned out already, as my other half and I are celebrating him starting a new job on Monday he was headhunted for so tonight is going to be syn free chips, cod, peas and WHITE BREAD!! but hey, I'll syn it and for tomorrow I did offer to take my other half out to congratulate him on his job but he said he really wants to stay in with a DVD, share a bottle of wine and have some cheese and crackers (ouch!) so hey I'll syn that too and as of Sunday that's it! BUT....if I don't actually record on here what I'm eating tonight and tomorrow- there is that small chance I won't bother signing in on Sunday either and there we go, another week will have slipped so I'm recording it all now, totally truthful!

By the way, I have maintained my weight wonderfully...only problem is my BMI is still classing me as obese so maintaining is not an option!

Friday 2nd September 2011

breakfast
banana
muller light

lunch
Batchelors pasta n sauce

dinner
syn free chips
chicken breast
Rice
curry sauce- 6
Mini chocolate muffin- 6
midget gems- 6

healthy a
skimmed milk in work (very small amount)
1% little splash at home with one cuppa

healthy b
No healthy extra- which I should have used instead of picking at sweets- hey ho!

syns- total today

syns- total this week

exercise
absolutely nothing- not a great start I know but I did explain that I'm actually properly on it on monday as I have a lot on this weekend but I didn't want to then avoid my food diary for yet another weekend so I am here warts and all

mind body spirit
It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me yeah, it's a new dawn, it's a new day....and I'm feeling good! (I'm hoping you all realise those are song lyrics and I'm not just generally repeating myself).
I've forgot my phone today, feel a little lost in work without out but it means I can actually concentrate on sorting myself out rather than using my breaks in work to organise my social life via my mobile!

Last edited:
Saturday 3rd September

I never normally eat this way, I swear
We went for a drive, we stopped for lunch at a cafe that only served chips and chips or something on the side served with chips so I went for a kid portion of just chips and then we ate out and my other half really wanted to share the cheese board
I'm sorry
I swear to anyone reading this, I never, ever normally eat this bad. I've just chose a really unfortunate week to start tracking on here again

breakfast
baked beans
banana
muller light

lunch
Small portion chips 12

dinner
2 courses of not too bad choices really considering- I had thought the meringue and fruit was a good choice but hadn't realised the cream and meringue nest would take it quite so high!
pasta and tomato and mascapone 7
low fat garlic bread 2 slices 7
2 meringue nests 7
strawberries
cream 7

last course AKA the carnage course
1 slice of bloomer 3
5 crackers 10
bousin light 1 tsp 2
goats cheese soft 1 tsp 2
red wine 2 small glasses 8.5
cheddar 1 tiny slice 3

healthy a
wensleydale

healthy b
one wholemeal bread

syns- total today
68.5- quite possibly a world record in syns consumed in one day!

syns- total this week

exercise
none but I am joining a gym tomorrow- no word of a lie

mind body spirit
I'm just really embarrassed.
It was a special occasion, but as its my first few days back on here it looks like I eat this way all the time.
I think I've found the real reason I maintain and do not lose, I eat really well during the week and I'm too easily influenced by what other people are eating at the weekend and I copy them when ordering out, or I agree with them when they suggest a takeaway or getting a bag of tortilla chips with dips for after dinner etc
I think what I really need is to find sensible alternatives to what everyone else is doing and just worry about myself, I'm pretty sure no one would care if I didn't tuck in to junk food while they did, the only person who does seem to care- is me!

Last edited:
Before I decided to come back here and face the music (even though I have not gained weight and just simply maintained in the time I've been away) my mum and dad invited us to dinner today...they've chose to make, roast turkey with apple strudel. I am not making excuses here but I genuinely don't think its appropriate to start refusing to eat things they've made especially for me, all I'll do is ask for less potato and more vegetables on my plate etc.
This was genuinely the worse weekend I could have ever chosen to come back, but I was just going to keep putting it off otherwise and I'm sick of being 14 stone 9, I've been 14 stone 9 since I was about 20 and every now and then I lose about 5 pounds and every now and then I gain those 5 pounds back plus a couple more which I then lose and find myself plateau at 14 stone 9 again.
If anyone reading this can just please bear with me just for today, as of tomorrow, I'm on it...like a car bonnet!

Last edited:
Well done on you for choosing to start back your diary on such a 'bad' weekend.

When I first joined SW at the end of January on the Thursday evening, I had two meals out planned for the weekend, I just went out ate what I wanted to and enjoyed myself, and was really pleased to have STS on my first week.

Have a fab lunch!

Thank you Lynne. Today I have it all planned out, I'm even joining the gym this evening. I have a good feeling this time. As you can see from the title of my food diary, I've been back and tried again many, many times. Each time I think this is the time I will lose but I lose a few pound, have a hiccup along the line gain a couple back and somehow find myself back at the dreaded 14 stone 9!
I desperately want to be 12 stone. Totally realistic weight for my height and totally realistic goal for me too.
Anyway, I shall plod on and prove to myself I can do it!

breakfast
banana
strawberries

lunch
home made carrot, tomato and lentil soup
Muller light

dinner
Chicken breast
Carrots
Mashed potato
Brocoli
gravy- 1 syn
spread- 1 syn
cereal- 5

healthy a
half skimmed milk, half 1% milk

healthy b
wholemeal roll

syns- total today

exercise

mind body spirit
I went to aqua aerobics and joined the gym- BOOM!

Last edited:
Still getting into the swing of things peeps, bear with me

Last edited:
breakfast
banana
yogurt

lunch
home made soup
nectarine
strawberries
yogurt

dinner
Syn free chips
Mushy peas
breaded fish- 4
Tartare sauce-

healthy a

healthy b
wholemeal bread

syns- total today

syns- total this week

exercise
walked to work and back- about 1 mile altogether

mind body spirit
I lost 3 pound this week and that was despite all the hiccups because of previous plans I'd had with eating out and being invited for dinner and somebody elses house- on that note, I would like to mention, that in my whole time of being on slimming world I am telling you all now, if someone invited me to their house for dinner I would never dream of dictating the menu according to slimming world. I will of course be telling all my friends and family that I am following the plan and would hope they take this into consideration but I'd never dream of dictating a menu at somebody elses house or turning my nose up at something they've cooked- no idea why I felt the need to get that off my chest lol

Sunday 18th September

breakfast
1 toast- 4
spread-1

lunch
beans
2 egg
2 low fat sausage-3
3 hash brown- 5

dinner
rice
vegetable curry
hummus (1 tablespoon)- 1
2 white bread- 8
egg custard- 12

healthy a
milk

healthy b
2 wholemeal bread

syns- total today

syns- total this week

exercise
Nowt!

mind body spirit
oh well!

Last edited:
Monday 19th September 2011

breakfast
banana
cereal bar- 3

lunch
home made syn free soup
yogurt
nectarine

dinner
potatoes
mushy peas
frozen breaded fish- 6
cereal 6

healthy a
milk

healthy b
wholemeal bread

syns- total today

syns- total this week

exercise
walked to work and back

mind body spirit

Last edited:
Tuesday 20th September 2011

breakfast
banana

lunch
soup
banana and yogurt

dinner
tuna steak
cottage cheese
salad vegetables
baked potato
2 boiled eggs
spread- 1 syn

healthy a
milk

healthy b

cereal

syns- total today

syns- total this week

exercise

mind body spirit

Last edited:
Wednesday 21st September 2011

breakfast
syn free rice pudding

lunch
spread- 1
pickle- 1

dinner
so juicy chicken breast- 2
jacket potato
cottage cheese
salad

healthy a
cheese

healthy b

wholemeal roll

syns- total today

syns- total this week

exercise
aqua aerobics

mind body spirit

Last edited:
Thursday 22nd September 2011

breakfast
see HEB

lunch
soup
banana
yogurt

dinner
tuna steak
salad
cottage cheese
baked potato
2 boiled egg
(other half wants a breakfast tea which he will sort himself- apparently!)

healthy a
milk

healthy b
Porridge

syns- total today

syns- total this week

exercise

mind body spirit

Last edited:
Back