Isis's Journey to becoming a Goddess

17lbs in two weeks is fantastic. Great result Isis.

Thank you very much ladies. Your support is invaluable xxx

We're in this together! All for one and one for all. We're fed-up being fat so we've hitched our wagons to the same star x

We're in this together! All for one and one for all. We're fed-up being fat so we've hitched our wagons to the same star x

I absolutely love that! Well said! Thank you darling!!! Xxxx

My weight is still sticking. So making a concerted effort to drink even more water now. Find cold water harder in this weather. But it's gotta be done. So less herbal tea now and more water lol

Your body's adjusting to the fast losses, maybe taking stock. Next week you'll claim another reward LOL x

Your body's adjusting to the fast losses, maybe taking stock. Next week you'll claim another reward LOL x

Thank you very much. I hope so.

I know you are right too. My calorie lacking brain is being unreasonable lol

Escaping the all-or-nothing, up-or-down mentality is very difficult for foodaholics. We're either flying or we're despondent. Confident or predicting woe. Chuffed or gutted LOL. Time will cure much of that because as we get older the outer edges of our hangups often soften and melt into each other. However in the here and now we want to lose weight. FAST. End of. And we suffer accordingly.

You know that very fast weight loss can't continue on a daily basis. That would be life-threatening because your muscles would be eaten on the way and your internal organs, too, most likely. You know that a VLCD will work for sure if you stick to it. Try not to focus on today/tomorrow but rather visualise a month from now. Two/Three months from now. You could easily be two or even three stones lighter by then and in a much smaller size outfit. Do your bit and let the diet do the rest! That's the approach I'm taking anyway because to be losing weight at long last is such a joy x

I know you are definitely right.

I guess I have been on this journey so long and hiccuped so many times, I fear it happening again if the losses don't give me a reason to stay on track.

I will get there. We all will. And slower is better for the body for sure.

I've been on this journey since childhood. Gain, lose, regain, lose, regain etc. It's always (partly covertly) seemed like a life or death struggle. I really thought I'd cracked it until a few years ago when the dreaded regain began. I crumbled under a barrage of unhappy life events, bereavements and so forth. Occasional nibbles eventually morphed into binges. And for a while I almost lost hope. Almost but not entirely. This time around I am not tempting fate. I am making no firm predictions! I am not binding myself to a strict timetable nor will I ever again kick myself royally should I blip or slip. I must be my own best friend and not expect superhuman willpower. One day at a time I will do my best to stick to exante. I know that suceeding most days will result in huge weight loss down the line. Be of good cheer! Let go of your old ideas and strict notions of self-discipline and just let it happen x

I also have been dieting since teens. Managed to diet my way to 27.5 stone. 17st 3 now. Did get to 15st 7/8.

It will all happen. It just feels interminable. Tomorrow I will be back to upbeat me (hopefully lol) xxx

I know how you feel and I've been there countless times. You're right - it never seems to end. We've lost and regained weight with depressing regularity. However when you think of very very large people - who have never managed to lose weight and are struggling to live with the results of decades of overeating and zero physical activity - you come to realise that everything is relative. Indeed we are lucky to have the ability to lose weight and even keep it off for a certain amount of time. I look at super-morbidly obese people with total compassion and love. I don't know if they will ever get 'well' or even half-way recover from the 'disease' of overeating. It's a very harsh life sentence, I feel. But you and I and everyone else on Minimins are still fighting. That's why I say never give up. Our lives and our families are worth so much more than surrender no matter how hard it is to keep going. Bless you Isis - as your weight continues to fall you'll start to feel better. As for maintenance - WHEN we get there (!) we'll keep up the precious support x

You are such a beautiful soul. Thank you. I feel blessed to have connected with you on this journey.

I feel much better this morning thank you. Love to you darling. Thank you for you beautiful support and the time you take to explain and talk. It's invaluable xxx

Weight was down to 17st 2lbs. 1lb off in 6 days. But at least it's moving lol

Every time you 'talk' to me here, you help me. So if I help you, too, that's great. We understand each other, and know what it is like to live with a weight problem that affects every aspect of our lives x

You are such a beautiful soul. Thank you. I feel blessed to have connected with you on this journey. I feel much better this morning thank you. Love to you darling. Thank you for you beautiful support and the time you take to explain and talk. It's invaluable xxx

I agree, Isis, serial slimmer has opened up her soul and shared here, and some of the things both of you say really resonate.

I'm glad you feel better Isis, and serial slimmer, you are a remarkable, generous person. Xxxx

I agree, Isis, serial slimmer has opened up her soul and shared here, and some of the things both of you say really resonate. I'm glad you feel better Isis, and serial slimmer, you are a remarkable, generous person. Xxxx

I totally agree xxxx and thank you to you also. You are always so positive and supportive. It means a lot to me xxx

It's frustrating when the scales don't move, but keep going. It will be worth it! x

Thank you babes. You are right. When my perspective is right I feel very positive about this journey. I need to focus on some NSV's (non scale victories) xxx

Back