JanD heading towards 2 years :o)))

Yes!! YAY!! It has turned up :) I don't yet know the details - and for a really petty reason.

My sister is home from Cyprus at the moment - those of you who know me better may remember that my sister and I get on much better when there's 2000 miles between us - as there is most of the time. Well this time when she's been home she hasn't replied to a single text I've sent her. Now I know why - it's because she put the wrong sim card in her phone and to reply costs her 10p (I know! But if you knew her you'd understand - you wouldn't think she was loaded, or perhaps that's WHY she's loaded ;)) but she hasn't actually said that. Each time I've said 'did you get my text' and she just says 'yes'. Only once I've said - 'well I can't know if you don't reply', to which she said nothing.

Well she text earlier tonight to say 'parcel's arrived' and though I was dying to find out what happened with it I was determined not to reply ... like I said - petty :eek:

I'll find out in the morning - at least it's there, that's the main thing :) xx

Ahhhh yes, your sister!!! :p lol
Atleast your package has turnt up :D xxx

It was a real anti-climax anyway! ;)

Apparently he just knocked and handed it over - no explanation or anything ... ah well - at least I had a nice banana mousse for breakie :)

Thursday 5th May

Tea was chicken breast baked with garlic & (too much) tarragon and salad with balsamic.

In work I have a toffee, nut & raisin bar xx

Mmmm i did enjoy the banana shake from exante, defo my fave! :) x

My fave's vanilla - having said that I'm not fussy on any of them as shakes but I like them all as mousses. xx

I love the banana shake too, just had one for brekkie. Toffee, nut and raisin bar for lunch and soup for tea, that's the routine.

Jan how do you make the mousse? Might give it a go!

I just put a small amount of water in a small bowl - sorry don't measure it :eek: ...plop the whole lot of powder in, slowly stir it till it's all 'wet' and then mix like hell till it's smooth. It does go really smooth too - the LT ones were always a bit lumpy - not that I minded, but these are deffo smoother. If you've made it too thin leave it for a couple of minutes and it thickens up a bit. Depending on how thick or thin you make it the texture can vary from a very thick cake mix to a puree. Have a glass of water with it so you're getting the right amount. I much prefer them like this. Let me know how you get on :)

Friday 6th May

Breakie - strawberry mousse

Bed

Tea - tin tuna in brine with salad leaves, cucumber & balsamic

Work - choc orange bar xx

Looking good mrs D :) x

Thanks huni. Will give it a go tonight! I just get bored of having the same thing all the time!

It feels more like having something other than just another drink imo. Let me know what you think, though it may take you a few goes to get a consistency you prefer.

Saturday 7th May

Breakie - choccie mousse

Bed

Tea - Pork steak, brocolli & leek with balsamic.

Few glasses of wine will be imbibed tonight ;) xx

Enjoy your wine :)
How do you cook your leek Jan, boiled?x

Yep just chop it up and bung it in with the brocolli. xx

Have had some chunks of chicken with the wine :) xx

Yummo - good ol' alcohol munchies! Bought myself some chips at the end of the night tonight but thankfully had a phonecall (yes from the friend) which has lasted 28mins so the bf has ate them - saved by the phone! :giggle:

LOL! Glad she came good in the end ;) xx

Sunday 8th May

No breakie - didn't come down till 12.30 :)

Lunch - Mushroom soup

Tea - slow cooked lamb with roasted courgette, tomatoes & Mushrooms.

Off to see Foster & Allen tonight ... it seemed like such a good idea at the pre-launch of the new season we went to last October to book this to take my mother to .... now it's here .... :eek: .. Ah well, she'll enjoy it - I may need a vodka or 3 to get me through ;) :giggle: xx

Do try and enjoy it tonight and hope your mum has a good time.
I am positive that the vodkas will help so indulge ;) x

HaHa - they did (are ;))

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I did quite enjoy it :eek:. There were a couple of lump in throat moments when I saw Mum wiping her eyes and I knew she was thinking about my Dad :( but it was good to get her out somewhere other than our house or the supermarket. And she certainly seemed to enjoy herself :)

Have had a bit more lamb since I've got in and another large V&C is going down nicely xxx

Last edited:
Back